The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
05-06-2017, 05:50 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(05-06-2017 05:46 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 05:40 PM)Dom Wrote:  I'll fix your crow so it's nice and palatable. Would you like it under glass, au vin, grilled or with hollandaise sauce?

I think it wise to hold off on preparation plans until we get more evidence, shall we?

Never too soon to plan a good meal.....Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2017, 05:56 PM
(05-06-2017 05:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 05:41 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War

I think that is much more of a likelihood if we don't discover the truth. He will, sooner or later, want to squash the resistance. He is busy flattering military and police for that purpose. The truth needs to come out FAST!

I can only speak for myself, of course, but as a member of the military I have found many things he had done and said to be offensive, and concerning.

Remember also, the military is comprised of people across a spectrum of backgrounds, political philosophy, etc.
[+] 5 users Like Dark Light's post
05-06-2017, 05:59 PM
(05-06-2017 05:56 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 05:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  I think that is much more of a likelihood if we don't discover the truth. He will, sooner or later, want to squash the resistance. He is busy flattering military and police for that purpose. The truth needs to come out FAST!

I can only speak for myself, of course, but as a member of the military I have found many things he had done and said to be offensive, and concerning.

Remember also, the military is comprised of people across a spectrum of backgrounds, political philosophy, etc.

Thank dog for that!!!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-06-2017, 06:48 PM
Quote:The Department of Justice has charged a 25-year-old federal contractor named Reality Leigh Winner with leaking National Security Agency documents to a media outlet.

Hehe, Reality Winner! Perfect!

05-06-2017, 07:20 PM
(05-06-2017 06:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  
Quote:The Department of Justice has charged a 25-year-old federal contractor named Reality Leigh Winner with leaking National Security Agency documents to a media outlet.

Hehe, Reality Winner! Perfect!

The problem is that we have a system where somebody named Reality Leigh Winner can get a clearance in the first place.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-06-2017, 07:35 PM
The Intercept - the place this was leaked to.

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/05/top-...-election/

Quote:As described by the classified NSA report, the Russian plan was simple: pose as an e-voting vendor and trick local government employees into opening Microsoft Word documents invisibly tainted with potent malware that could give hackers full control over the infected computers.
But in order to dupe the local officials, the hackers needed access to an election software vendor’s internal systems to put together a convincing disguise. So on August 24, 2016, the Russian hackers sent spoofed emails purporting to be from Google to employees of an unnamed U.S. election software company, according to the NSA report. Although the document does not directly identify the company in question, it contains references to a product made by VR Systems, a Florida-based vendor of electronic voting services and equipment whose products are used in eight states.

[Image: gru-chart-russia-hacking-election-1496684832.jpg]

05-06-2017, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2017 09:23 PM by Dark Light.)
(05-06-2017 07:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 06:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  Hehe, Reality Winner! Perfect!

The problem is that we have a system where somebody named Reality Leigh Winner can get a clearance in the first place.

That's not a solvable problem. 'Extreme vetting' makes no guarantees. We will not likely ever devise a way to read a man's heart. Overall though, I think we do a competent job of weeding out most undesirables of information at the highest classification, particularly when that information does not reveal erosion of civil liberties or acts against the interest of the people.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
05-06-2017, 09:44 PM
(05-06-2017 08:52 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 07:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The problem is that we have a system where somebody named Reality Leigh Winner can get a clearance in the first place.

That's not a solvable problem. 'Extreme vetting' makes no guarantees. We will not likely ever devise a way to read a man's heart. Overall though, I think we do a competent job of weeding out most undesirables of information at the highest classification, particularly when that information does not reveal erosion of civil liberties or acts against the interest of the people.

Counterintelligence polys worked great on Snowden, right? Truth is, I know pathological liars who could probably pass one with no trouble. Not faulting you, just saying that there are examples. I knew a guy who could tell you a story one minute, and if you told him something from your personal life, he'd tell you the same story again, but with modifications, based on your input. It was like putting a nickel in the Nickelodeon...and he had a security clearance. Makes the chump look logical. Laughat
05-06-2017, 10:25 PM
(05-06-2017 09:44 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 08:52 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  That's not a solvable problem. 'Extreme vetting' makes no guarantees. We will not likely ever devise a way to read a man's heart. Overall though, I think we do a competent job of weeding out most undesirables of information at the highest classification, particularly when that information does not reveal erosion of civil liberties or acts against the interest of the people.

Counterintelligence polys worked great on Snowden, right? Truth is, I know pathological liars who could probably pass one with no trouble. Not faulting you, just saying that there are examples. I knew a guy who could tell you a story one minute, and if you told him something from your personal life, he'd tell you the same story again, but with modifications, based on your input. It was like putting a nickel in the Nickelodeon...and he had a security clearance. Makes the chump look logical. Laughat

I'm not sure why you added the note 'not to fault you' as you have attempted to make the same point I did from the other direction.

06-06-2017, 12:50 AM
(05-06-2017 08:52 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 07:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The problem is that we have a system where somebody named Reality Leigh Winner can get a clearance in the first place.

You misunderstand me. The name itself is sufficient reason to deny access. Can't trust anyone raised by hippies.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post