The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
06-06-2017, 01:08 AM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(06-06-2017 12:50 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 08:52 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  That's not a solvable problem. 'Extreme vetting' makes no guarantees. We will not likely ever devise a way to read a man's heart. Overall though, I think we do a competent job of weeding out most undesirables of information at the highest classification, particularly when that information does not reveal erosion of civil liberties or acts against the interest of the people.

You misunderstand me. The name itself is sufficient reason to deny access. Can't trust anyone raised by hippies.

Ah, I see! Bangin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2017, 07:06 AM
(05-06-2017 07:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  The Intercept - the place this was leaked to.

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/05/top-...-election/

Quote:As described by the classified NSA report, the Russian plan was simple: pose as an e-voting vendor and trick local government employees into opening Microsoft Word documents invisibly tainted with potent malware that could give hackers full control over the infected computers.
But in order to dupe the local officials, the hackers needed access to an election software vendor’s internal systems to put together a convincing disguise. So on August 24, 2016, the Russian hackers sent spoofed emails purporting to be from Google to employees of an unnamed U.S. election software company, according to the NSA report. Although the document does not directly identify the company in question, it contains references to a product made by VR Systems, a Florida-based vendor of electronic voting services and equipment whose products are used in eight states.

[Image: gru-chart-russia-hacking-election-1496684832.jpg]

I am not sure I am following this chart. It's apparently the content of the leaked documents in chart form. Is it just me or is it a complicated way to explain something much simpler?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
06-06-2017, 10:20 AM
(06-06-2017 07:06 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 07:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  The Intercept - the place this was leaked to.

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/05/top-...-election/

[Image: gru-chart-russia-hacking-election-1496684832.jpg]

I am not sure I am following this chart. It's apparently the content of the leaked documents in chart form. Is it just me or is it a complicated way to explain something much simpler?

They probably have to use lots of colors and pictures to get the Chump-in-charge to even look at things. There's still to much text for him to actually try to get anything from it though.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
06-06-2017, 11:09 AM
(06-06-2017 07:06 AM)Dom Wrote:  I am not sure I am following this chart. It's apparently the content of the leaked documents in chart form. Is it just me or is it a complicated way to explain something much simpler?

Words are simpler here. The graphics are used to add additional info in annotations instead of footnotes. Use of graphics seems a bit gratuitous here.

1) Make yourself a dummy email account.
2) Send an email to the target which looks like a Google alert.
3) When user clinks on the link in the email take them to something that looks like GMail.
4) Ask them for their Google account credentials on the spoofed Google site.
5) Profit.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-06-2017, 11:28 AM
(06-06-2017 11:09 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-06-2017 07:06 AM)Dom Wrote:  I am not sure I am following this chart. It's apparently the content of the leaked documents in chart form. Is it just me or is it a complicated way to explain something much simpler?

Words are simpler here. The graphics are used to add additional info in annotations instead of footnotes. Use of graphics seems a bit gratuitous here.

1) Make yourself a dummy email account.
2) Send an email to the target which looks like a Google alert.
3) When user clinks on the link in the email take them to something that looks like GMail.
4) Ask them for their Google account credentials on the spoofed Google site.
5) Profit.

That's what I thought - simples.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-06-2017, 07:09 AM
Once again, Trump's minions are in trouble:

Trump's social media director, Dan Scavino, has been found in contravention of the Hatch Act and has been warned by the Office of Special Counsel.

More here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...tweet.html
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
11-06-2017, 05:34 AM
This is copied from another post but I think it's appropriate here:

Trump's pick for the new FBI Director is Christopher Wray.

Wray's legal practice, King & Spalding, has offices in Moscow and represents Rosneft and Gazprom, two of Russia’s largest state-controlled oil companies. Gazprom was a partner in RosUkrEnergo AG, controlled by Ukrainian oligarch Dmitry Firtash. Firtash is under federal indictment in Chicago for racketeering charges, has had numerous financial dealings with former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort, who is under investigation regarding ties to pro-Putin forces in Ukraine, and is generally considered to be a member of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s inner circle.

There's your Russian connection.

Wray also defended New Jersey governor Chris Christie and one of Christie's "missing" cellphones that had vital information on it was found in Wray's possession. Source:Gov. Christie's cell phone is no longer missing

This appointment stinks from top to bottom, which is entirely expected given it's a Trump appointment.
11-06-2017, 05:42 AM
For those holding out hope that a ( R ) majority Congress is likely to impeach a sitting ( R ) president and remove him from office, I have to ask ---

Are you also holding out hope that McDonald's will also scrap the Big Mac, and offer a soy burger with kale??????

Cuz, I got some sad news for you..........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-06-2017, 05:52 AM
(11-06-2017 05:42 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  For those holding out hope that a ( R ) majority Congress is likely to impeach a sitting ( R ) president and remove him from office, I have to ask ---

Are you also holding out hope that McDonald's will also scrap the Big Mac, and offer a soy burger with kale??????

It's not unheard of. The majority of the Rs during the Nixon era were ready to vote for impeachment but Nixon quit before they had that chance. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachmen...hard_Nixon

From Allan Lichtman, one of the few pollsters who called a Trump win when everyone else was saying Hillary would win:

Quote:Is it shouting into the wind to make the case to a Republican Congress for impeaching a president of their own party? The answer is no. Once Trump becomes more of a liability than an asset to the GOP, the party may be willing to turn on him through impeachment.

Source: https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2...00573416/#

Let's also remember that Trump has only been in office for less than 6 months.

And the 2018 mid-terms are going to come along faster than you think. The GOP, which is not stupid (though they sure act like that sometimes), will have to make a judgement call as to whether Trump is an asset or liability.

As it is now, he's clearly a liability, with his disapproval ratings at 56% as of June 9, and the Repub-controlled Congress (latest data is from May) disapproval rating at 74%.
11-06-2017, 06:07 AM
(11-06-2017 05:52 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 05:42 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  For those holding out hope that a ( R ) majority Congress is likely to impeach a sitting ( R ) president and remove him from office, I have to ask ---

It's not unheard of. The majority of the Rs during the Nixon era were ready to vote for impeachment but Nixon quit before they had that chance. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachmen...hard_Nixon

From Allan Lichtman, one of the few pollsters who called a Trump win when everyone else was saying Hillary would win:

Quote:Is it shouting into the wind to make the case to a Republican Congress for impeaching a president of their own party? The answer is no. Once Trump becomes more of a liability than an asset to the GOP, the party may be willing to turn on him through impeachment.

Source: https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2...00573416/#

Let's also remember that Trump has only been in office for less than 6 months.

And the 2018 mid-terms are going to come along faster than you think. The GOP, which is not stupid (though they sure act like that sometimes), will have to make a judgement call as to whether Trump is an asset or liability.

As it is now, he's clearly a liability, with his disapproval ratings at 56% as of June 9, and the Repub-controlled Congress (latest data is from May) disapproval rating at 74%.

President Clinton had an approval rating of only 37 percent (at one point) (Gallup), and he survived....

Want fries with that???

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.