The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-06-2017, 06:12 AM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(11-06-2017 06:07 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  President Clinton had an approval rating of only 37 percent (at one point) (Gallup), and he survived....

Clinton was impeached, remember?

I'm not sure where you get the 37% number. The Gallup numbers I find say that during the impeachment his approval rating was 73%. Source: http://www.gallup.com/poll/4111/clinton-...t-vot.aspx

It's easy to forget that impeachment does not mean removal from office.

I stand by my facts - verified and referenced - and the veracity of Lichtman.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
11-06-2017, 06:19 AM
(11-06-2017 05:52 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 05:42 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  For those holding out hope that a ( R ) majority Congress is likely to impeach a sitting ( R ) president and remove him from office, I have to ask ---

Are you also holding out hope that McDonald's will also scrap the Big Mac, and offer a soy burger with kale??????

Cuz, I got some sad news for you..........

It's not unheard of. The majority of the Rs during the Nixon era were ready to vote for impeachment but Nixon quit before they had that chance. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachmen...hard_Nixon

From Allan Lichtman, one of the few pollsters who called a Trump win when everyone else was saying Hillary would win:

Quote:Is it shouting into the wind to make the case to a Republican Congress for impeaching a president of their own party? The answer is no. Once Trump becomes more of a liability than an asset to the GOP, the party may be willing to turn on him through impeachment.

Source: https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2...00573416/#

Let's also remember that Trump has only been in office for less than 6 months.

And the 2018 mid-terms are going to come along faster than you think. The GOP, which is not stupid (though they sure act like that sometimes), will have to make a judgement call as to whether Trump is an asset or liability.

As it is now, he's clearly a liability, with his disapproval ratings at 56% as of June 9, and the Repub-controlled Congress (latest data is from May) disapproval rating at 74%.

Despite decades of exploding the pay gap, GOP supporters wont face facts, they still stupidly think by letting the rich write all the laws for us things will get better. I wish what you said about the polls would be a real indicator as to the GOP being held accountable. But after seeing a clear asshole demagogue scorch everyone in his path, including his own and win when any other politician would have been drummed out, I am not so sure GOP voters will do anything but support anyone regardless. We have a politician in Montana still taking office regardless of the fact he assaulted a reporter.

I think the GOP has gone off the deep end and simply don't care how they win or whom they hurt to get the win. I think their supporters simply vote party out of spite.

I am simply not sure what it will take at this point to wake people up to understand the dangerous path we are going down.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
11-06-2017, 06:38 AM
(11-06-2017 06:12 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 06:07 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  President Clinton had an approval rating of only 37 percent (at one point) (Gallup), and he survived....

Clinton was impeached, remember?

I'm not sure where you get the 37% number. The Gallup numbers I find say that during the impeachment his approval rating was 73%. Source: http://www.gallup.com/poll/4111/clinton-...t-vot.aspx

It's easy to forget that impeachment does not mean removal from office.

I stand by my facts - verified and referenced - and the veracity of Lichtman.

If you look at my first post here - I did say "impeach and remove from office".

Just impeach??? Sure, absolutely a possibility. I didn't forget.

And I didn't say Clinton's approval rating was 37 percent during the impeachment proceedings but " at one point". I was simply pointing out he wasn't always popular.

Popularity changes.

It's not impossible that President Trump could become popular.

Impossible??

See George W Bush's highest approval rating.

90%.

Go figure, eh?

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-06-2017, 06:59 AM
(11-06-2017 06:38 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Popularity changes.

Impossible??

90%.

Go figure, eh?

Yes, it certainly is possible that there may be more failures in the intelligence community under the Trump admin, like the failures that resulted in the 9/11 attacks during the Bush admin. And if an attack against mainland US takes place, I have no doubt that Trump and his alt-right and Russian handlers will milk it for all it's worth to shore up support from his base.

It's not hard to see, however, that GWBs approval tanked in the immediate aftermath of the attacks and never substantially recovered.

[Image: cvfspjk4hesmzts2bc0brg.gif]

I'd put nothing up against Trump somehow ordering a false flag attack to whip up his base into a patriotic frenzy, with him at the helm. It's been done before; Trump is just the sort of fellow to do it again. How he would do it, I don't know.

*edited to fix link*
11-06-2017, 07:55 AM
(11-06-2017 06:59 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 06:38 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Popularity changes.

Impossible??

90%.

Go figure, eh?

Yes, it certainly is possible that there may be more failures in the intelligence community under the Trump admin, like the failures that resulted in the 9/11 attacks during the Bush admin. And if an attack against mainland US takes place, I have no doubt that Trump and his alt-right and Russian handlers will milk it for all it's worth to shore up support from his base.

It's not hard to see, however, that GWBs approval tanked in the immediate aftermath of the attacks and never substantially recovered.

[Image: cvfspjk4hesmzts2bc0brg.gif]

I'd put nothing up against Trump somehow ordering a false flag attack to whip up his base into a patriotic frenzy, with him at the helm. It's been done before; Trump is just the sort of fellow to do it again. How he would do it, I don't know.

*edited to fix link*

I kind of doubt he's competent enough to pull off something as duplicitous as a false flag op....

He's have to outsource it...

He's more of the kind that would say " No!! YOU' RE a doodie head!!!"

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
11-06-2017, 08:10 AM
(11-06-2017 06:19 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 05:52 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  It's not unheard of. The majority of the Rs during the Nixon era were ready to vote for impeachment but Nixon quit before they had that chance. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachmen...hard_Nixon

From Allan Lichtman, one of the few pollsters who called a Trump win when everyone else was saying Hillary would win:

Source: https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2...00573416/#

Let's also remember that Trump has only been in office for less than 6 months.

And the 2018 mid-terms are going to come along faster than you think. The GOP, which is not stupid (though they sure act like that sometimes), will have to make a judgement call as to whether Trump is an asset or liability.

As it is now, he's clearly a liability, with his disapproval ratings at 56% as of June 9, and the Repub-controlled Congress (latest data is from May) disapproval rating at 74%.

Despite decades of exploding the pay gap, GOP supporters wont face facts, they still stupidly think by letting the rich write all the laws for us things will get better. I wish what you said about the polls would be a real indicator as to the GOP being held accountable. But after seeing a clear asshole demagogue scorch everyone in his path, including his own and win when any other politician would have been drummed out, I am not so sure GOP voters will do anything but support anyone regardless. We have a politician in Montana still taking office regardless of the fact he assaulted a reporter.

I think the GOP has gone off the deep end and simply don't care how they win or whom they hurt to get the win. I think their supporters simply vote party out of spite.

I am simply not sure what it will take at this point to wake people up to understand the dangerous path we are going down.

You are correct. It is a very dangerous path. There is a very large group of people in this country, much like the guy in Montana that smacked up the reporter, that is just sick of what this country has become. I'm not talking about some small % of wacko lunatics. I mean a serious number of people, millions maybe, that are heavily armed and really feel like they might have to fight to get this country back on track. They look to Trump as the last hope to fix the mess. They see what has happened in France and the rest of Europe with the endless terrorist attacks. The belief was that gun sales would diminish after Trump got into office, and at first it appeared they would. But gun background checks are still breaking records the last few months. Even with a Republican congress, Republican president and Trump's pick on the supreme court confirmed, people are still stockpiling arms and ammo.

We're not headed in a good direction I'm afraid.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
11-06-2017, 08:18 AM
(11-06-2017 08:10 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  ... they might have to fight to get this country back on track.
What, exactly, does "back on track" look like? Does it look, economically, like Republican-controlled supply-side Kansas?

(11-06-2017 08:10 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  They look to Trump as the last hope to fix the mess.
That's true, and their hopes have been dashed by his continual lies. When even pro-Trump Fox News and the Wall Street Journal (also owned by Rupert Murdoch) call him out as a liar, well, that pretty much says it all.

Fox News calling Trump a liar:

Wall Street Journal calling Trump a liar: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/22/busin....html?_r=0

*edit to add*

Now, scared for their chances in 2018, some prominent Repubs are starting to call for Trump's impeachment: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...41796.html
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
11-06-2017, 08:30 AM
(11-06-2017 08:18 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 08:10 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  ... they might have to fight to get this country back on track.
What, exactly, does "back on track" look like? Does it look, economically, like Republican-controlled supply-side Kansas?

(11-06-2017 08:10 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  They look to Trump as the last hope to fix the mess.
That's true, and their hopes have been dashed by his continual lies. When even pro-Trump Fox News and the Wall Street Journal (also owned by Rupert Murdoch) call him out as a liar, well, that pretty much says it all.

Fox News calling Trump a liar:

Wall Street Journal calling Trump a liar: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/22/busin....html?_r=0

*edit to add*

Now, scared for their chances in 2018, some prominent Repubs are starting to call for Trump's impeachment: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...41796.html

Back on track means the opposite direction of Europe. Not economics...I'm thinking more along the lines of immigration. Safety and security. The latest polls I've seen show about half of Americans support Trump's travel ban. I think we know who those 50% are. The same people that are heavily armed and anti-immigration.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
11-06-2017, 08:49 PM
Jeff Sessions, who is due to testify at the Senate Intelligence Panel on Tuesday, apparently offered to resign due to his bad relationship with Trump. Trump apparently was in a lather because Sessions recused himself from the current investigation about Russian ties with the Trump White House. Source: AG Sessions Offered To Resign Amid Trump Anger At Recusal

It's been confirmed that Sessions held meetings with Russian officials during Trump's campaign, a fact he refused to acknowledge when he was being vetted for the AG position. In fact, he had said categorically that he did not meet with any Russian officials during the campaign, another outright lie spewing forth from the Trump administration. Source: Sessions did not disclose meetings with Russian ambassador during Trump campaign
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
11-06-2017, 10:21 PM
(11-06-2017 07:55 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 06:59 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  I'd put nothing up against Trump somehow ordering a false flag attack to whip up his base into a patriotic frenzy, with him at the helm. It's been done before; Trump is just the sort of fellow to do it again. How he would do it, I don't know.

*edited to fix link*

I kind of doubt he's competent enough to pull off something as duplicitous as a false flag op....

He's have to outsource it...

He's more of the kind that would say " No!! YOU' RE a doodie head!!!"

Big Grin

I think you are right. Lindsey Graham had the best response to charges Trump colluded with Russia, "He can't even collude with his own government, what makes you think he could collude with Russia?"

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post