The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-06-2017, 08:57 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(13-06-2017 06:30 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I figure with all the leaks we've had, there'd be at least one tiny little piece of evidence of collusion come out. Anything?

The way the media has played this, they better hope Trump is GUILTY.

Because if this turns out to be nothing, democrats are screwed for a long time. The longer it takes the worse it will be if Trump is innocent. The closer to the midterms we hear from the special prosecutor, it will severely destroy one party. If Trump is found to have colluded with the Russians the GOP will lose the house and Senate in 2018 as well as the presidency in 2020. If it turns out to be the biggest wolf cry in history, nobody will trust the mainstream media for a long time and democrat candidates will feel the repercussions for a few election cycles.

It's not the least bit suspicious that 1 hour after the Access Hollywood tapes came out, Wikileaks dumped the Podesta emails. The fact is there could be a smoking gun presented to your face, and you would find a way to deny it. Collusion isn't what Russia has on him. They have their own hacking capabilities. It's all the illegal financial deals with corrupt Russian oligarchs (Corrupt Foreign practices Act).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
14-06-2017, 02:02 AM
(13-06-2017 06:30 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If it turns out to be the biggest wolf cry in history, nobody will trust the mainstream media for a long time and democrat candidates will feel the repercussions for a few election cycles.
This has nothing to do with the media or even the democrats.

The Intelligence agencies have been investigating this matter based on the Intel that they have collected. The media is simply reporting that this investigation is happening which it is.

Trump is making matters much worse by denying the claim while the investigation is in progress. Trump waves it off, paints it as some democrat excuse for losing the election. But of course the Democrats don't own the intelligence agencies, they do not control what gets investigated or not.

Now if Trump got behind the intelligence agencies and supported the investigation and even supported an independent special prosecutor then the media would support him. But he doesn't, he confronts Comey and asks him to drop the Flynn investigation, he demands Comey to make a public statement as to his not being under personal investigation, he then fires the guy and now it seems he ponders firing the special prosecutor. Trump is the reason this has blown into a media fan fare.
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
14-06-2017, 05:57 AM
More utter incompetence in the Trump administration

Senator King: Do you believe the Russians interefered with the 2016 elections?

AG Sessions: It appears so, the intelligence community seems to be united in that. But I have to tell you Senator King, I know nothing but what I've read in the paper. I've never received any detailed briefing on how hacking occurred or how information was alleged to have influenced the campaign. (emphasis added)

Source: http://time.com/4817199/jeff-sessions-te...-briefing/

So let's get this straight: a foreign government, as has been confirmed, interfered with the electoral process. The Attorney General was never requested a briefing about it.

The incompetence is staggering. Absolutely staggering.
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
14-06-2017, 08:27 AM
(14-06-2017 05:57 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  More utter incompetence in the Trump administration

Senator King: Do you believe the Russians interefered with the 2016 elections?

AG Sessions: It appears so, the intelligence community seems to be united in that. But I have to tell you Senator King, I know nothing but what I've read in the paper. I've never received any detailed briefing on how hacking occurred or how information was alleged to have influenced the campaign. (emphasis added)

Source: http://time.com/4817199/jeff-sessions-te...-briefing/

So let's get this straight: a foreign government, as has been confirmed, interfered with the electoral process. The Attorney General was never requested a briefing about it.

The incompetence is staggering. Absolutely staggering.

And what's worse, the PRESIDENT hasn't asked for one either! So either he already knows what's going on, or he doesn't know but doesn't care.

Don't know which is worse ...

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 2 users Like Reducetarian's post
14-06-2017, 09:01 AM
(14-06-2017 08:27 AM)Reducetarian Wrote:  And what's worse, the PRESIDENT hasn't asked for one either! So either he already knows what's going on, or he doesn't know but doesn't care.

Actually, the president is one of those people who thinks he already knows what's going on but really doesn't. He thinks its all nonsense cooked up by the Democrats to attack him.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
14-06-2017, 09:06 AM
(14-06-2017 08:27 AM)Reducetarian Wrote:  And what's worse, the PRESIDENT hasn't asked for one either! So either he already knows what's going on, or he doesn't know but doesn't care.

Frankly, I don't expect that there actually was collusion involving Trump in the Russian election interference.

Putin doesn't need Trump to agree to interfere because Putin knows Trump wouldn't be able to keep his mouth shut.

All Putin needs to know is the fact that Trump is easily manipulated based on his - Trump's - fragile ego.

Trump on Putin giving him a compliment: "... actually he's right, I am brilliant, you know that. But you know if he says something positive, that's a good thing." Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump...ood-thing/

Given that Trump is so easily played, Putin can pretty much do as he wants.

Also, given that Paul Manafort, Michael Flynn, Roger Stone and others involved in Trump's campaign and transition are heavily involved with the Russians, Trump could easily maintain "plausible deniability."
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
14-06-2017, 10:10 AM
(14-06-2017 02:02 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(13-06-2017 06:30 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If it turns out to be the biggest wolf cry in history, nobody will trust the mainstream media for a long time and democrat candidates will feel the repercussions for a few election cycles.
This has nothing to do with the media or even the democrats.

The Intelligence agencies have been investigating this matter based on the Intel that they have collected. The media is simply reporting that this investigation is happening which it is.

Trump is making matters much worse by denying the claim while the investigation is in progress. Trump waves it off, paints it as some democrat excuse for losing the election. But of course the Democrats don't own the intelligence agencies, they do not control what gets investigated or not.

Now if Trump got behind the intelligence agencies and supported the investigation and even supported an independent special prosecutor then the media would support him. But he doesn't, he confronts Comey and asks him to drop the Flynn investigation, he demands Comey to make a public statement as to his not being under personal investigation, he then fires the guy and now it seems he ponders firing the special prosecutor. Trump is the reason this has blown into a media fan fare.

I disagree. I think it's well known that the Russians did everything they could to influence the election. The intelligence community has made that abundantly clear.

The innuendo coming from democrats (not so much elected democrats as much as voters) and the media is that Trump was working, through his staff, to get the Russians to do it. There has been so much misinformation put out by the media. Even Comey in his testimony had to say that a lot of what the media has been reporting is false, even fully debunking a report by the New York Times that Trump's high level staffers had meetings with Russian intelligence officials.

Comey testified that Trump has said that he supports the Russian interference investigation. Its true he wanted Comey to confirm he wasn't under investigation. I can't blame Trump for that.

And I doubt there is any truth to the report that Trump wants to fire the special prosecutor. The white house made that guy who said it admit that he never spoke to Trump about it. Firing the special prosecutor would destroy Trump. I'm sure he has been told that.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
14-06-2017, 10:30 AM
(14-06-2017 10:10 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  There has been so much misinformation put out by the media.

Are you denying Manafort's confirmed ties with pro-Putin leaders in the Ukraine? https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/...ments.html

Are you denying Sessions' repeated contacts with Russians during the election campaign, those very same meetings that he conveniently forgot about during his vetting for A-G? http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/timeline-...d=45855918

Are you denying Trump's pick of FBI Director Christopher Wray's ties to Russia? https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2...02603214/#

Are you denying Roger Stone's contact with the Russian hacker? http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...26821.html

These issues aren't with the "liberal media", they are cold, hard facts. Bleating about the "unfair liberal media" or "leaks inside the White House" is like blaming the fire alarm for the fire. It's a distraction, nothing more. I'm surprised that you fell for it.
[+] 4 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
14-06-2017, 10:51 AM
(14-06-2017 10:30 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 10:10 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  There has been so much misinformation put out by the media.

Are you denying Manafort's confirmed ties with pro-Putin leaders in the Ukraine? https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/...ments.html

Are you denying Sessions' repeated contacts with Russians during the election campaign, those very same meetings that he conveniently forgot about during his vetting for A-G? http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/timeline-...d=45855918

Are you denying Trump's pick of FBI Director Christopher Wray's ties to Russia? https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2...02603214/#

Are you denying Roger Stone's contact with the Russian hacker? http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...26821.html

These issues aren't with the "liberal media", they are cold, hard facts. Bleating about the "unfair liberal media" or "leaks inside the White House" is like blaming the fire alarm for the fire. It's a distraction, nothing more. I'm surprised that you fell for it.

All I'm saying is it's innuendo. People in business have ties all over the world. Should every person with business ties to a foreign country be barred from politics? I'm fine if we go down that road but it's not illegal as of now. These same people probably have business ties to Iran or China or a million other places. But because Russia hacked the DNC and Podesta anyone with prior business with Russia is now suspect? If Trump was colluding with Russia through people he knows, he sure wasn't trying to hide it. These things seem more like coincidental to me. Trump is a businessman. He knows people in business that have ties in every country. If China hacked the DNC, the same people would be brought up. Paul Manafort visited China in 2012. Jeff Sessions had a few meetings with the Chinese ambassador. Christopher Wray's law firm represented Chinese investors blah blah blah.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
14-06-2017, 11:31 AM
(14-06-2017 10:51 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 10:30 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Are you denying Manafort's confirmed ties with pro-Putin leaders in the Ukraine? https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/...ments.html

All I'm saying is it's innuendo. People in business have ties all over the world. Should every person with business ties to a foreign country be barred from politics? I'm fine if we go down that road but it's not illegal as of now. These same people probably have business ties to Iran or China or a million other places. But because Russia hacked the DNC and Podesta anyone with prior business with Russia is now suspect? If Trump was colluding with Russia through people he knows, he sure wasn't trying to hide it. These things seem more like coincidental to me. Trump is a businessman. He knows people in business that have ties in every country. If China hacked the DNC, the same people would be brought up. Paul Manafort visited China in 2012. Jeff Sessions had a few meetings with the Chinese ambassador. Christopher Wray's law firm represented Chinese investors blah blah blah.

Are you forgetting that, during the campaign, Trump invited the Russians to hack Hillary Clinton's emails? That's not innuendo or fake news -- it was a direct, widely quoted public statement from Trump himself. And in my opinion, at least, it constitutes interfering in our election.
[+] 5 users Like Grasshopper's post