The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-06-2017, 03:12 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
Pence has lawyered up now.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
15-06-2017, 03:15 PM
(15-06-2017 03:12 PM)Dom Wrote:  Pence has lawyered up now.

Oh, and the senate has made it impossible for Trump to remove any of the Russian sanctions. Bipartisan.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
15-06-2017, 03:17 PM
(15-06-2017 12:48 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  NSA Memo: Trump tried to get Admiral Rogers (head of NSA) to make statement saying he wasn't colluding with Russia; that he didn't believe 2016 intelligence Russia interfered with US elections.

Looking back on Rogers' Congressional testimony, it takes on a new light.

"In the three-plus years that I have been the director of the National Security Agency, to the best of my recollection, I have never been directed to do anything I believed to be illegal, immoral, unethical or inappropriate, and to the best of my recollection, during that same period of service, I do not recall ever feeling pressured to do so."

President didn't direct him to change the NSA conclusions, it was merely a request. Rogers never felt pressured because his internalized response was "Who the fuck do you think you're talking to, old man. Gotta make sure I tell someone write this shit down." The man didn't lie.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-06-2017, 03:18 PM
(15-06-2017 03:12 PM)Dom Wrote:  Pence has lawyered up now.

I'm surprised it took him so long. He's another one who's gonna get snared by his own public words and deeds. Who's up next? Ryan? Choirboy's clean. He's an asshole, but at least he weeds the dingleberries. Clean sounds good at this point.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-06-2017, 06:13 PM
(15-06-2017 03:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 12:48 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  NSA Memo: Trump tried to get Admiral Rogers (head of NSA) to make statement saying he wasn't colluding with Russia; that he didn't believe 2016 intelligence Russia interfered with US elections.

Looking back on Rogers' Congressional testimony, it takes on a new light.

"In the three-plus years that I have been the director of the National Security Agency, to the best of my recollection, I have never been directed to do anything I believed to be illegal, immoral, unethical or inappropriate, and to the best of my recollection, during that same period of service, I do not recall ever feeling pressured to do so."

President didn't direct him to change the NSA conclusions, it was merely a request. Rogers never felt pressured because his internalized response was "Who the fuck do you think you're talking to, old man. Gotta make sure I tell someone write this shit down." The man didn't lie.

Laugh out load Red Bold mine. That's EXACTLY what I was thinking when I read that. Given Rogers' military background, I doubt that ANYTHING that the Chump had to say would feel like pressure. Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
15-06-2017, 06:26 PM
(14-06-2017 12:53 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 11:44 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump asked Russia on national TV to find Hillary's missing emails. Direct collusion. He didn't need all those intermediaries after all. Boom. Impeach him.

The fact that he does this - your president - doesn't faze you at all? Of course it's all politics, but generally even the dumbest politicians have the sense to stop short of openly inviting other states to interfere in their internal matters. What do you actually think of his quote? Was it ill-advised? An obvious joke?

Doing my best to answer your question, it was the act of a madman, nothing less and nothing more.
[+] 3 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
16-06-2017, 02:36 AM
I'm impressed though. I thought that with himself in power and an entire administration stuffed with his cronies, he'd easily squash any investigation into himself. Turns out there's enough good people in powerful enough positions to resist him quite effectively. With any luck his incompetence will see him go down in flames. The scary thing is, a less incompetent guy would have gotten away with it, whereas it looks like maybe Trump will use the rope available to make a noose for himself.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
16-06-2017, 05:22 AM
(16-06-2017 02:36 AM)morondog Wrote:  I'm impressed though. I thought that with himself in power and an entire administration stuffed with his cronies, he'd easily squash any investigation into himself. Turns out there's enough good people in powerful enough positions to resist him quite effectively. With any luck his incompetence will see him go down in flames. The scary thing is, a less incompetent guy would have gotten away with it, whereas it looks like maybe Trump will use the rope available to make a noose for himself.

Trump has been very, very slow in making some key appointments. He insists it's because he's being obstructed, but that - like most of what Trump says - is an outright lie.

He simply hasn't got around to it. Source: http://time.com/4805557/donald-trump-nom...irmations/

He's either lazy, incompetent, or can't manage the office.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
16-06-2017, 05:42 AM
(16-06-2017 05:22 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(16-06-2017 02:36 AM)morondog Wrote:  I'm impressed though. I thought that with himself in power and an entire administration stuffed with his cronies, he'd easily squash any investigation into himself. Turns out there's enough good people in powerful enough positions to resist him quite effectively. With any luck his incompetence will see him go down in flames. The scary thing is, a less incompetent guy would have gotten away with it, whereas it looks like maybe Trump will use the rope available to make a noose for himself.

Trump has been very, very slow in making some key appointments. He insists it's because he's being obstructed, but that - like most of what Trump says - is an outright lie.

He simply hasn't got around to it. Source: http://time.com/4805557/donald-trump-nom...irmations/

He's either lazy, incompetent, or can't manage the office.

There were plenty of appointed positions that needed to be filled under Obama, but couldn't because of the Republicans 'fuck everything Obama tries to do' domestic policy. Now that they're in power and could appoint literally anybody, they have a POTUS who simply cannot be bothered to pick people.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
16-06-2017, 05:42 AM
(16-06-2017 05:22 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  He's either lazy, incompetent, or can't manage the office.

It's not an either/or situation.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post