The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
16-06-2017, 05:43 AM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(16-06-2017 05:22 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(16-06-2017 02:36 AM)morondog Wrote:  I'm impressed though. I thought that with himself in power and an entire administration stuffed with his cronies, he'd easily squash any investigation into himself. Turns out there's enough good people in powerful enough positions to resist him quite effectively. With any luck his incompetence will see him go down in flames. The scary thing is, a less incompetent guy would have gotten away with it, whereas it looks like maybe Trump will use the rope available to make a noose for himself.

Trump has been very, very slow in making some key appointments. He insists it's because he's being obstructed, but that - like most of what Trump says - is an outright lie.

He simply hasn't got around to it. Source: http://time.com/4805557/donald-trump-nom...irmations/

He's either lazy, incompetent, or can't manage the office.

"He's either lazy, incompetent, or can't manage the office."

Why not all three? (baddump-bump) Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like julep's post
16-06-2017, 05:45 AM
(16-06-2017 05:42 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  There were plenty of appointed positions that needed to be filled under Obama, but couldn't because of the Republicans 'fuck everything Obama tries to do' domestic policy. Now that they're in power and could appoint literally anybody, they have a POTUS who simply cannot be bothered to pick people.

He ran out of family and the few people he sort of trusts outside of family because they are willing to suck up to him.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
16-06-2017, 05:51 AM
(16-06-2017 05:42 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  There were plenty of appointed positions that needed to be filled under Obama, but couldn't because of the Republicans 'fuck everything Obama tries to do' domestic policy. Now that they're in power and could appoint literally anybody, they have a POTUS who simply cannot be bothered to pick people.

It's typical Repub tactics: complain that government doesn't work, then prove it by being obstructionist and incompetent.

Or maybe not incompetent. Perhaps it's a deliberate manipulation of Trump (who's oh so very easy to manipulate) by Bannon and the rest of Trump's alt-right and Russian handlers to weaken the US government.

Bannon has been unapologetic about wanting to bring down the entire structure of government.

Steve Bannon Wrote:Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that's my goal, too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today's establishment

See Want to understand what Trump and Bannon are up to? Look to the Russian Revolution of 1917 and Steve Bannon shares a fascist's obsession with cleansing, apocalyptic war. And now he's in the White House

*edited to fix link*
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
16-06-2017, 06:56 AM
(16-06-2017 05:51 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Perhaps it's a deliberate manipulation of Trump (who's oh so very easy to manipulate) by Bannon and the rest of Trump's alt-right and Russian handlers to weaken the US government.

The Republicans have been trying to weaken the U.S. federal government for some time now, so they finally found common cause with the Russians to do it.

Hobo
16-06-2017, 08:04 AM
Sobering piece on the special counsel investigation team Mueller has put together, it reads like a Tom Clancy novel! If there was wrongdoing this team will unearth it. Interesting times indeed.

ROBERT MUELLER CHOOSES HIS INVESTIGATORY DREAM TEAM

“From the list of hires, it’s clear, in fact, that Mueller is recruiting perhaps the most high-powered and experienced team of investigators ever assembled by the Justice Department."

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
16-06-2017, 08:22 AM
And in his latest tweet, he personally confirms that he is, indeed, now under investigation...he seems a bit peeved about it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/16/us/po...ussia.html
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
16-06-2017, 10:49 AM
(16-06-2017 08:22 AM)julep Wrote:  ...he seems a bit peeved about it ...

There was a day back in 1992 or it might have been some other year, just that one day, when the donald discovered there wasn't anything at the moment to get peeved about and it annoyed him so much he lost his temper.
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
16-06-2017, 10:55 AM
(16-06-2017 05:51 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Bannon has been unapologetic about wanting to bring down the entire structure of government.

That's why you put a pro-voucher home school trust fund baby in charge of the Department of Education, and climate change deniers in charge of the Environmental Protection Agency. They're destroying agencies from the top down, through negligence and stupidity. The dismantling of the administrative branch, by putting subversive morons behind the wheels of power. This shit would be the plot of the Cold War era Tom Clancy novel, if it wasn't actually happening. Reality is stranger than fiction.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-06-2017, 12:09 PM
Seen a lot of crazy statements and beliefs in this thread from my perspective. Trump is Hitler. Trump is Putin's bitch. Merkel is the leader of the free-world. All piffle as far as I'm concerned. But the obstruction of justice investigation is certainly warranted. Trump's biggest weakness is his personal insecurities. Seems to me, if there is ever an Trump impeachment, it will likely be a self-fulfilling prophesy.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
16-06-2017, 12:58 PM
(16-06-2017 12:09 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Seen a lot of crazy statements and beliefs in this thread from my perspective. Trump is Hitler. Trump is Putin's bitch. Merkel is the leader of the free-world. All piffle as far as I'm concerned. But the obstruction of justice investigation is certainly warranted. Trump's biggest weakness is his personal insecurities. Seems to me, if there is ever an Trump impeachment, it will likely be a self-fulfilling prophesy.

You forgot golden showers. You know Putin's got a pee tape.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post