The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
20-06-2017, 06:26 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(20-06-2017 05:40 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  I saw a CBS report with a group of Trump supporters the other morning. When asked why they supported Trump, one woman answered "He's honest." No one else objected.

What planet are they living on?

Same planet, different worlds.

They're not to be blamed, though. And they're (probably) not stupid.

No, they've been suckered by the lies of the Republican right and their media overlords. If there's one thing that the right wing does well, it's lie with a straight face.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
21-06-2017, 04:13 AM
(20-06-2017 06:26 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  If there's one thing that the right wing does well, it's lie with a straight face.

Well, they certainly lie a lot about their opponents. They are responsible for the elephant's share of divisiveness in this country. And of course, when we point it out, it just shows how awful we are.

I think what Trump hates the most about the "fake news media" is that they actually report what he says and compare it with verifiable facts.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
22-06-2017, 10:09 AM

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
22-06-2017, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2017 09:05 PM by Dom.)
So Trump says that the tapes he threatened Comey with don't exist, or well, he doesn't have any. But with all the surveillance and unveiling going on, maybe there are tapes.

I know - the 400 pound guy sitting somewhere on his bed has them!Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
22-06-2017, 07:43 PM
(22-06-2017 05:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  ... the 400 pound guy sitting somewhere on his bed has them ...

Except that at 425 Lbs a bed leg snapped & he uses the DVD case they're in to keep the bed level, so they're lost to history anyway Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
22-06-2017, 07:49 PM
(20-06-2017 06:26 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(20-06-2017 05:40 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  I saw a CBS report with a group of Trump supporters the other morning. When asked why they supported Trump, one woman answered "He's honest." No one else objected.

What planet are they living on?

Same planet, different worlds.

They're not to be blamed, though. And they're (probably) not stupid.

No, they've been suckered by the lies of the Republican right and their media overlords. If there's one thing that the right wing does well, it's lie with a straight face.

If it is the same segment I am thinking of, I've seen that guy/hosting it lots of times during the campaign. Don't ever remember him with a bunch of Hilary supporters in that time. I swear sometimes I think CBS is trying to compete to become the next FOX.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
22-06-2017, 09:02 PM
(22-06-2017 07:49 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  If it is the same segment I am thinking of, I've seen that guy/hosting it lots of times during the campaign. Don't ever remember him with a bunch of Hilary supporters in that time. I swear sometimes I think CBS is trying to compete to become the next FOX.

Yeah, he did several similar segments with Trump supporters. His name is Frank Luntz.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-voters...ank-luntz/
22-06-2017, 09:13 PM
(22-06-2017 05:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  So Trump says that the tapes he threatened Comey with don't exist, or well, he doesn't have any. But with all the surveillance and unveiling going on, maybe there are tapes.

I know - the 400 pound guy sitting somewhere on his bed has them!Tongue

Doesn't this have implications for Mueller's obstruction of justice investigation? Seems like he just admitted it was a petty veiled threat designed to intimidate Comey. If they can show a pattern of intimidation that amounts to abuse of power, I think that's an impeachable offense.

#sigh
22-06-2017, 09:32 PM
(20-06-2017 09:03 AM)Vera Wrote:  Still doesn't explain the infantility, though.

This is a semi-interesting read, though the title is mega facepalm-worthy. For the n'th time, 'murricans, you are NOT leading the world, whatever the hell that even means, unless in your uneducated, exceptionalistic heads. Get over yourselves.

[Image: mpbp.gif]

At base, Trump is an infantalist. There are three tasks that most mature adults have sort of figured out by the time they hit 25. Trump has mastered none of them. Immaturity is becoming the dominant note of his presidency, lack of self-control his leitmotif.

First, most adults have learned to sit still. But mentally, Trump is still a 7-year-old boy who is bouncing around the classroom. Trump’s answers in these interviews are not very long — 200 words at the high end — but he will typically flit through four or five topics before ending up with how unfair the press is to him.

His inability to focus his attention makes it hard for him to learn and master facts. He is ill informed about his own policies and tramples his own talking points. It makes it hard to control his mouth. On an impulse, he will promise a tax reform when his staff has done little of the actual work.

Second, most people of drinking age have achieved some accurate sense of themselves, some internal criteria to measure their own merits and demerits. But Trump seems to need perpetual outside approval to stabilize his sense of self, so he is perpetually desperate for approval, telling heroic fabulist tales about himself.

That's great. I like David Brooks ... I didn't used to. It's funny he talks about Dunning-Krueger, (which we see a lot of here). It's pretty clear Trump has ADD and or ADHD, and he REALLY needs to be medicated for it, (among other things).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-06-2017, 09:35 PM
(22-06-2017 09:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  If they can show a pattern of intimidation that amounts to abuse of power, I think that's an impeachable offense.

I agree, but that threat was a tweet and thereby indistinguishable from something intended seriously, or sarcastically, or jestingly, since neither tone of voice nor facial expression accompanied it. Now we all KNOW what that tweet was, but from a legal standpoint (and ESPECIALLY in a political pissing contest) the distinction can be made relevant.