The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
28-06-2017, 07:06 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
We really need more than two parties in today's world. The two parties are so diverse within themselves, they could split at least in half each.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
28-06-2017, 07:24 PM
(28-06-2017 07:01 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(28-06-2017 06:44 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Hmm, honestly I'm not sure I wan't Trump impeached....

How do I put it....
Trump to me seems Chaotic Evil

Pence seems to me Lawful Evil

..... It's a loosing prospect either way I admit, but I could only support the removal of Trump if it includes a removal of all current republicans in power.

I used to think that too. But then I figured it's better to have Trump impeached - or quit in frustration - first, then work on his replacement.

Besides, as much as I despise Pence and all he stands for, he's not an idiot like Trump. He actually knows how to work with the members of the other party to get shit done. And he's highly unlikely to launch a nuclear strike because someone got under his oh-so-thin skin.

My fear with Pence is his desire to convert the country into a Theocracy, Trump isn't a Christian (I'm pretty damn sure of this), so it's not a risk with Trump... Though Trump might start a nuclear war.... meh guess it's a toss up.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
28-06-2017, 07:27 PM
(28-06-2017 07:24 PM)JesseB Wrote:  My fear with Pence is his desire to convert the country into a Theocracy, Trump isn't a Christian (I'm pretty damn sure of this), so it's not a risk with Trump...

No, no, he doesn't give a shit about it so he can use it in negotiations...he'll give it away without a flicker if it brings him an advantage.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
28-06-2017, 07:45 PM
(28-06-2017 07:27 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(28-06-2017 07:24 PM)JesseB Wrote:  My fear with Pence is his desire to convert the country into a Theocracy, Trump isn't a Christian (I'm pretty damn sure of this), so it's not a risk with Trump...

No, no, he doesn't give a shit about it so he can use it in negotiations...he'll give it away without a flicker if it brings him an advantage.

This is a good point....

Fuck.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
28-06-2017, 08:02 PM
I"m starting to look at it like this:

The longer Trump is in office, the more divided and incongruent the right-wing gets. Look at them so far. They've got a majority in the Congress, a majority in the Senate, most of the states have Repub governors and they've got a Repub president.

And they still can't get anything done.

They have historically low approval ratings and high disapproval ratings. Source:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/201617/gallup...roval.aspx
and
http://www.gallup.com/poll/1600/congress-public.aspx

Republican supply-side "right to work" states like Kansas are collapsing because of their bad economic policy and mismanagement.

If you look under "incompetence" in the dictionary you'll see pictures of Trump and McConnell. They bring new meanings to the word.
[+] 5 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
29-06-2017, 02:26 PM
(28-06-2017 03:40 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(28-06-2017 03:36 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Do you think that is OK?
To create a false Time magazine cover and display that?
Do you not think that is misleading to those who view it and potentially damaging to Time's own brand?

Personally it doesn't really bother me. I mean its a little weird, but I'm sure he had his reasons. But like I said, he's been on the cover 14 times.

I doubt TIME could say he damaged their brand if they let him grace their cover 14 times.

If he had never been on it and created one, now that would cross a line for me. But like I said, maybe he just never liked the photo they used and wanted one a little more powerful.
What do you think the law will say on that?
Do you think it is fine for Trump to create a fake Time magazine cover and display it to his paying customers?
Is Trump allowed to create fake Rolex watches and put the Rolex brand on it?

What would happen if I created a tower and put Trump's brand on it? Do you think Trump would take legal action against me?
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
29-06-2017, 05:21 PM
(29-06-2017 02:26 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(28-06-2017 03:40 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Personally it doesn't really bother me. I mean its a little weird, but I'm sure he had his reasons. But like I said, he's been on the cover 14 times.

I doubt TIME could say he damaged their brand if they let him grace their cover 14 times.

If he had never been on it and created one, now that would cross a line for me. But like I said, maybe he just never liked the photo they used and wanted one a little more powerful.
What do you think the law will say on that?
Do you think it is fine for Trump to create a fake Time magazine cover and display it to his paying customers?
Is Trump allowed to create fake Rolex watches and put the Rolex brand on it?

What would happen if I created a tower and put Trump's brand on it? Do you think Trump would take legal action against me?

Depends. Was Trump selling copies in the gift shop? Was he making a profit directly from the fake Time cover on the wall?

There used to be a website (maybe it still exists) where you could upload your own picture and print yourself a Time cover. I had one made and it was on my desk for a few years. It was a gag. A novelty. Nothing illegal about it. And it was legal for the website to make them as long as they didn't sell them.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
29-06-2017, 05:42 PM
Like ANYONE in the universe actually thinks it was a "gag" that Trump put himself on the walls of his "for profit" golf club walls.

He sure was right. He could literally shoot someone on 5th Avenue, and not lose any of his supporters.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
30-06-2017, 02:50 AM
Trust me, it makes sense.

^ That's Eli Bosnick, of the Scathing Atheist and God Awful Movies podcasts. He's internet famous. ^

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
30-06-2017, 07:41 AM
Here. Now we all can have our face on a time cover.

http://magazineyourself.com/create/17

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]