The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02-07-2017, 10:15 AM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(02-07-2017 06:34 AM)Dom Wrote:  I watched the Nixon chronicles yesterday, only compiled news clips and speeches.

I came away thinking impeachment is definitely possible, but oh so slow....Nixon had a huge following, he won all but two states. And yet he ended up dethroned.

I'm all for a slow, slow impeachment process that draws out through the election cycle of 2020 in order to slow down the Ryan/Pence agenda. Once puppet's out of the way, there's nothing to stop them; they'll be energized and have a temporary moral gravitas--"even though he was one of us, we didn't stand behind him when it was proved he tried to obstruct justice," etc.

The SCOTUS is getting set to turn us into a kleptocratic theocracy. That's why puppet is our monkey wrench of last hope. I want him in office, mired in scandal after scandal, undermining Congress, and tweeting like crazy as, one by one, his traitorous associates and grasping family members are tried and convicted.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
02-07-2017, 10:41 AM
(02-07-2017 09:57 AM)Dom Wrote:  What happens if he becomes incompetent?

This is like a Titanic passenger in a lifeboat hours afterward wondering "What would happen if the ship began to sink?"

He's been incompetent from before the beginning.

Unfortunately there are too many people for whom acknowledging that incompetence means acknowledging their own incompetence giving a cretin like that genuine power. When it comes to deluded self-assessment trump has lots of company.
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
02-07-2017, 10:42 AM
(02-07-2017 10:15 AM)julep Wrote:  
(02-07-2017 06:34 AM)Dom Wrote:  I watched the Nixon chronicles yesterday, only compiled news clips and speeches.

I came away thinking impeachment is definitely possible, but oh so slow....Nixon had a huge following, he won all but two states. And yet he ended up dethroned.

I'm all for a slow, slow impeachment process that draws out through the election cycle of 2020 in order to slow down the Ryan/Pence agenda. Once puppet's out of the way, there's nothing to stop them; they'll be energized and have a temporary moral gravitas--"even though he was one of us, we didn't stand behind him when it was proved he tried to obstruct justice," etc.

The SCOTUS is getting set to turn us into a kleptocratic theocracy. That's why puppet is our monkey wrench of last hope. I want him in office, mired in scandal after scandal, undermining Congress, and tweeting like crazy as, one by one, his traitorous associates and grasping family members are tried and convicted.

Keep dreaming.

Trump 2020.

Republicans will keep the senate and house for a long time.

All of this impeachment talk. Russian collusion hoax. Now some dems have wrote a bill to use the 25th amendment to remove Trump from power (which will never pass without Republican support AND Pence to sign off). The constant late night show attacks. SNL. It's going to come back and bite them hard.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
02-07-2017, 10:59 AM
(02-07-2017 09:40 AM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  Impeachment is one thing. Resignation is another. Wouldn't someone have to convince Trump to leave office? Who's that going to be? He definitely won't do it himself.

There's also the possibility Trump could be removed from office as incompetent under the 25th Amendment, but that would depend on Republicans in Congress finally deciding they've had enough, that Trump hurts them more than he helps. That in turn may depend on his popularity dropping even further.

In any case, I still assume Trump would resign before it comes to either impeachment or removal, all the while loudly proclaiming that the Congress and the Press are the enemies of the people. It could get messy if it comes to that, to say the least.
02-07-2017, 11:13 AM
(02-07-2017 10:42 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(02-07-2017 10:15 AM)julep Wrote:  I'm all for a slow, slow impeachment process that draws out through the election cycle of 2020 in order to slow down the Ryan/Pence agenda. Once puppet's out of the way, there's nothing to stop them; they'll be energized and have a temporary moral gravitas--"even though he was one of us, we didn't stand behind him when it was proved he tried to obstruct justice," etc.

Keep dreaming.

Trump 2020.

Republicans will keep the senate and house for a long time.

All of this impeachment talk. Russian collusion hoax. Now some dems have wrote a bill to use the 25th amendment to remove Trump from power (which will never pass without Republican support AND Pence to sign off). The constant late night show attacks. SNL. It's going to come back and bite them hard.

Possibly. I don't care whether he ever gets formally impeached, as long as the investigations are as protracted as possible.

Government of the stupid, by the venal, championed by the cynical, for the benefit of the elites. It's going to put extra money in my pocket, probably--money that I'll use to oppose it.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
02-07-2017, 11:15 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2017 11:45 AM by GirlyMan.)
(30-06-2017 07:09 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He's suffering from some form of dementia. It's scary, sad, and very dangerous.

Speaking as someone who almost lost his job of 35 years as a scientific reviewer of $20 million research proposals because of age-related cognitive decline, and who only recovered due to technology and nootropics, the man is losing his faculties rapidly. I know it because I watched it happen to me. Send the man some racetams, choline, NSI-189, and Modafinil ASAP. But shit like this indicates that the extent of the delirium may be beyond help.

Ted Dibiase did it better.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-07-2017, 12:16 PM
(02-07-2017 11:15 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

This Facepalm And the white house press dingbat said he was "proud" of your unbelievable president for this piece of garbage. Two things: that's the most puerile piece of state sponsored propaganda I've ever seen. Pravda would blush. Secondly the craven bootlicking following was the vilest display of brown-nosing I've ever had the displeasure to witness.

It's disgusting how far, in a matter of months, a once-proud nation has fallen. The banana republic of the democratic USA.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
02-07-2017, 12:19 PM
(02-07-2017 11:15 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-06-2017 07:09 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He's suffering from some form of dementia. It's scary, sad, and very dangerous.

Speaking as someone who almost lost his job of 35 years as a scientific reviewer of $20 million research proposals because of age-related cognitive decline, and who only recovered due to technology and nootropics, the man is losing his faculties rapidly. I know it because I watched it happen to me. Send the man some racetams, choline, NSI-189, and Modafinil ASAP. But shit like this indicates that the extent of the delirium may be beyond help.

Ted Dibiase did it better.

Yeah, I saw that CNN wrestling video in the Washington Post. There were almost 2000 comments last I checked. It didn't go over well. One or two are trying to defend the video.

Oops, I checked again and it's over 3000 comments.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post...69d989ecca

I know I shouldn't read the comment section but I do.

Edit: over 4000 comments. People aren't too happy with the Orange Mussolini

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
02-07-2017, 01:17 PM
During the campaign he kept talking about his movement. Look like he wants to mobilize it. Scares the shit outta me. Flashbacks to my german mom telling me about Nazi punks roaming the cities at night, harassing people.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
02-07-2017, 03:06 PM
(02-07-2017 01:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  During the campaign he kept talking about his movement. Look like he wants to mobilize it. Scares the shit outta me. Flashbacks to my german mom telling me about Nazi punks roaming the cities at night, harassing people.

Have you seen the latest NRA ad? Looks like they are taking the anti-Trump hysterics very seriously.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post