The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
16-02-2017, 04:13 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(16-02-2017 03:49 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Republicans were better off attacking Hillary than defending this nut case. They're gonna rue the day they ever won the presidential election. Eventually they'll even deny ever supporting trump to save their ass. What a mess.

Most of them are looking at each other to see who's gonna go full #NeverTrump with McCain and Graham first. You know they gotta be whispering about President Pence amongst themselves by now.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-02-2017, 04:26 PM
(16-02-2017 03:07 PM)Dom Wrote:  I watched today's press conference and - oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

He is seriously nuts.

Also: really, really stupid.

I caught a little bit of it, but I had to turn it off before I started throwing stuff at the TV.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
16-02-2017, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2017 05:02 PM by GirlyMan.)
"The political lesson of Watergate is this: Never again must America allow an arrogant, elite guard of political adolescents to by-pass the regular party organization and dictate the terms of a national election." Gerald Ford

"It’s crazy what we’re watching every day. It’s absolutely crazy. He keeps repeating ridiculous throwaway lines that are not true at all. And sort of avoiding this issue of Russia as if we’re some kind of fools for asking the question. Really? Your opposition was hacked, and the Russians were responsible for it, and your people were on the phone with Russia the same day it’s happening and we’re fools asking questions? No, sir. We are not fools for asking those questions, and we demand to know the answer to this question. You owe this to the American people. Your supporters will support you either way. What were your people saying? We have a right to know. We absolutely do." - Shepard Smith

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-02-2017, 05:21 PM
Well, I watched whatever that hot mess was with trump and all the reporters. I'm still waiting to see the press conference. Popcorn

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
16-02-2017, 05:26 PM
(16-02-2017 05:21 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Well, I watched whatever that hot mess was with trump and all the reporters. I'm still waiting to see the press conference. Popcorn

I'll save you some time. Ten Takeaways from President Trump’s Surreal and Insane Press Conference

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-02-2017, 05:28 PM
(16-02-2017 05:21 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Well, I watched whatever that hot mess was with trump and all the reporters. I'm still waiting to see the press conference. Popcorn

I never bothered to look before, ... but he really does have small stubby hands.
Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
16-02-2017, 05:38 PM
(16-02-2017 05:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

I never bothered to look before, ... but he really does have small stubby hands.
Angel

I came across this fantastic quote from Joseph Heller's Catch 22. It suits Trump to a T.

“It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely required no character.”

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 7 users Like dancefortwo's post
17-02-2017, 06:58 AM
(16-02-2017 04:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "The political lesson of Watergate is this: Never again must America allow an arrogant, elite guard of political adolescents to by-pass the regular party organization and dictate the terms of a national election." Gerald Ford

And yet, it did.

Although I wouldn't call Debbie Wasserman Schultz an adolescent.

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
17-02-2017, 07:39 AM
Disgraced rght-wing gasbag Rush Limbaugh said Trump's press conference was "masterful."

I guess "masterful" is now a synonym for "unhinged", "erratic" and "confused".
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
17-02-2017, 07:50 AM
(17-02-2017 07:39 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Disgraced rght-wing gasbag Rush Limbaugh said Trump's press conference was "masterful."

I guess "masterful" is now a synonym for "unhinged", "erratic" and "confused".

These are the same people who think the Bible is the pinnacle of literature remember. A true believer can never see their idol's flaws.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post