The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-07-2017, 10:58 AM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
I know this isn't impeachable or anything. It's just the usual stupid crap the White House puts out without checking press releases. This is from the office of Sean Spicer. He calls Xi Jinping the president of Taiwan and Singapore's Prime Minister, Lee Hsien Loong the "President of Indonesia". Don't they have quality control people? Office people? I donno, it's just stupid. Now, personally I wouldn't know this but if I was the press secretary for the president I'd make damned sure everything I released was correct and I'd hire really good, qualified people to check things over.

http://shanghaiist.com/2017/07/10/republ...sident.php

"In a White House transcript of remarks made by Trump prior to his meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping in Hamburg, Xi is referred to as "President Xi of the Republic of China" by the Office of Press Secretary Sean Spicer.
Of course, Xi is, in fact, the President of the People's Republic of China, while the Republic of China is what the government of Taiwan calls itself -- a rather important distinction and something that social media users were quick to point out."

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2017, 11:23 AM
It just shows the gross incompetence of people involved.

Not knowing the difference between a "president" and a prime minister/chancellor, indicates that those people have no clue about political systems. Not knowing the difference between a "republic" and a "peoples republic" also demonstrates that these people never have heared about all those, almost exclusively oppressive and undemocratic, "peoples republics". The peoples republic of china exist now for over 70years, was more or less constantly in the news during its existence, and these people still dont know? I mean, its the fucking only job of those governmental spokespeople to say/write exactly the right thing in public anouncements/press releases. Its not like "oops, Mr. Emperor, we just called you a Duke, sorry for that". What good is a speaker when he has no clue what he is talking about? Did the Trump administration take the policy of "draining the swamp" so far that instead of previous experience in governmental work incompetence is now part of the job description?
Facepalm

Of course they dont care about their incompetence. Why be competent, true, honest, educated, etc. when all you need to do is shout "fake news" when your lies and stupidity are exposed. Weeping

It still baffles me that none of these people step back, acknowledging that they are way out of their league, but again, one needs character to do that.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
10-07-2017, 11:37 AM
(10-07-2017 11:23 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  It still baffles me that none of these people step back, acknowledging that they are way out of their league, but again, one needs character to do that.

Long as they believe that Trump will be the emperor they are sticking by him.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-07-2017, 08:15 PM
Looks like they just can't stop the dripping today:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/10/us/po...idacy.html

Quote: Before arranging a meeting with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer he believed would offer him compromising information about Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump Jr. was informed in an email that the material was part of a Russian government effort to aid his father’s candidacy, according to three people with knowledge of the email.

Quote:The email to the younger Mr. Trump was sent by Rob Goldstone, a publicist and former British tabloid reporter who helped broker the June 2016 meeting. In a statement on Sunday, Mr. Trump acknowledged that he was interested in receiving damaging information about Mrs. Clinton, but gave no indication that he thought the lawyer might have been a Kremlin proxy.

There may not be tapes, but there are e-mails!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
11-07-2017, 09:45 AM
I recommend reading that whole article - best compilation of events.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/11/us/po...inton.html

Quote:The June 3, 2016, email sent to Donald Trump Jr. could hardly have been more explicit: One of his father’s former Russian business partners had been contacted by a senior Russian government official and was offering to provide the Trump campaign with dirt on Hillary Clinton.
Quote:The documents “would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father,” read the email, written by a trusted intermediary, who added, “This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.”

[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
11-07-2017, 10:03 AM
Donald jr. posted the whole thing on his twitter, and if it doesn't prove collusion ever so clearly, I don't know what will.

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr?ref_s...r%5Eauthor

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
11-07-2017, 10:15 AM
Jesus fucking christ.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
11-07-2017, 10:25 AM
Holy Fuck!
I mean, there's stupid,
and then there's "I can't help incriminating myself" stupid,
and THEN ... there's Drumpf Jr.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 1 user Likes Reducetarian's post
11-07-2017, 10:37 AM
Nah. It's savvy politics. He knew he was toast, so he released the emails before the NY times - scooped them. Now it looks like he's committed to transparency, to anyone who's not inclined to look too hard - i.e. every Trump supporter still remaining. They're fanatics remember...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-07-2017, 10:40 AM
It's a nail in the coffin.

Maybe he doesn't want to be buried with good ol dad.

These emails so clearly prove collusion - undeniably so - I think there is no way but downhill from here.

Remember, Nixon was wildly popular and won all but two states....didn't do him any good once he was proven a crook.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post