The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-07-2017, 10:43 AM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
Facepalm "Everybody Is Forgetting That Clinton Allies Did The Same Thing As Don Jr." An assertion, for which I'm not hearing about any investigation.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2017, 10:46 AM
(11-07-2017 10:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  Nah. It's savvy politics. He knew he was toast, so he released the emails before the NY times - scooped them. Now it looks like he's committed to transparency, to anyone who's not inclined to look too hard - i.e. every Trump supporter still remaining. They're fanatics remember...

I think you're giving Drumpf Jr. WAY too much credit (i.e., never attribute to malice what can easily be explained by stupidity)
And if his supporters cared so much as a fig about transparency, they wouldn't raise a stink whenever someone suggests that Drumpf release his tax returns

But that's just my $0.02

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 4 users Like Reducetarian's post
11-07-2017, 10:47 AM
(11-07-2017 10:43 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Facepalm "Everybody Is Forgetting That Clinton Allies Did The Same Thing As Don Jr." An assertion, for which I'm not hearing about any investigation.

? Clinton allies accepted help from the Russians in order to get elected? Huh?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
11-07-2017, 10:47 AM
(11-07-2017 10:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  Nah. It's savvy politics. He knew he was toast, so he released the emails before the NY times - scooped them. Now it looks like he's committed to transparency, to anyone who's not inclined to look too hard - i.e. every Trump supporter still remaining. They're fanatics remember...

They can release the pee tapes and nothing will happen. His supporters and GOP know who Trump is. He represents who they are.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 2 users Like tomilay's post
11-07-2017, 11:02 AM
What I'm really interested in is who ELSE in the Republican party have the Russians influenced?
'Cause if the Russians were aiming to ensure that Hillary lost, you can be sure that the Russians were hedging their bets...

How many other Republican nominees took meetings? Ted Cruz? Christie?
Who else knew about this and did nothing? McConnell? Ryan?

I'm starting to think that the health care bill is the distraction ...

No wonder Mueller has called in the big guns

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 2 users Like Reducetarian's post
11-07-2017, 02:21 PM
I don't see the big deal here. Trump Jr. had a meeting with some russian attorney that said she had dirt on Clinton accepting Russian money to fund her campaign or some shit. All this does is show that the Russians really wanted both sides to owe them a favor. They didn't care who got elected, just as long as the side that won knew they had a debt. It's going to be hard to pin this to Trump because Jr. is unlikely to admit he told his dad about the meeting and none of the emails showed he forwarded it to his father. And he didn't even work in an official capacity for the campaign. As Trump Jr. said, if this is all they have after a year its just a nothingburger.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
11-07-2017, 03:13 PM
(11-07-2017 10:47 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 10:43 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Facepalm "Everybody Is Forgetting That Clinton Allies Did The Same Thing As Don Jr." An assertion, for which I'm not hearing about any investigation.

? Clinton allies accepted help from the Russians in order to get elected? Huh?

Not that I know of but one of the comments at the link says this. Sorry if I didn't make it clear. They're saying that if Hilary's people can do it, so can they. Since this isn't being investigated (or even talked about) it didn't happen. But to be stupid enough to say it's OK because they allege she did just defies belief.
11-07-2017, 03:26 PM
Someone mentioned that on June 7 2016 , just days after Goldstone contacted Trump Jr with the promise of info from the Russian Government on Hillary's supposed crimes, and just two days before the meeting took place, Trump himself announced in a speech that in just a few days, he would be revealing "big news" of "Hillary's crimes." I do remember this comment from the trump campaign being in the news in June of last year.

It's very difficult not to make a connect between trumps comment during the campaign and the timeline of the Jr's meeting.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
11-07-2017, 03:37 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 03:49 PM by Rockblossom.)
(11-07-2017 03:26 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Someone mentioned that on June 7 2016 , just days after Goldstone contacted Trump Jr with the promise of info from the Russian Government on Hillary's supposed crimes, and just two days before the meeting took place, Trump himself announced in a speech that in just a few days, he would be revealing "big news" of "Hillary's crimes." I do remember this comment from the trump campaign being in the news in June of last year.

It's very difficult not to make a connect between trumps comment during the campaign and the timeline of the Jr's meeting.

Yes, here: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/look...e-timeline

Quote:June 3rd, 2016: First email contact between Rob Goldstone and Donald Trump Jr. about meeting with “Russian government lawyer” with damaging information about Hillary Clinton.

June 7th, 2016: Donald J Trump gives speech in which he promises a major speech about Hillary Clinton’s crimes on June 13th. “I am going to give a major speech on … probably Monday [June 13th] of next week and we’re going to be discussing all of the things that have taken place with the Clintons. I think you’re going to find it very informative and very, very interesting.”

June 8th, 2016: First tweet posted to “DCLeaks” Twitter account.

June 9th, 2016: Donald Trump, Jr., Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort meet with Natalia Veselnitskaya. Trump agreed to take the meeting after being told by Trump associate Rob Goldstone that Veselnitskaya had damaging information about Hillary Clinton which came from a Russian government operation to help his father Donald J. Trump.

And for some mysterious reason, the "major speech" didn't happen. Who knows why? Rolleyes

I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best.
The Doctor
[+] 2 users Like Rockblossom's post
11-07-2017, 03:59 PM
(11-07-2017 03:37 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 03:26 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Someone mentioned that on June 7 2016 , just days after Goldstone contacted Trump Jr with the promise of info from the Russian Government on Hillary's supposed crimes, and just two days before the meeting took place, Trump himself announced in a speech that in just a few days, he would be revealing "big news" of "Hillary's crimes." I do remember this comment from the trump campaign being in the news in June of last year.

Yes, here: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/look...e-timeline

Quote:June 3rd, 2016: First email contact between Rob Goldstone and Donald Trump Jr. about meeting with “Russian government lawyer” with damaging information about Hillary Clinton.

June 7th, 2016: Donald J Trump gives speech in which he promises a major speech about Hillary Clinton’s crimes on June 13th. “I am going to give a major speech on … probably Monday [June 13th] of next week and we’re going to be discussing all of the things that have taken place with the Clintons. I think you’re going to find it very informative and very, very interesting.”

June 8th, 2016: First tweet posted to “DCLeaks” Twitter account.

June 9th, 2016: Donald Trump, Jr., Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort meet with Natalia Veselnitskaya. Trump agreed to take the meeting after being told by Trump associate Rob Goldstone that Veselnitskaya had damaging information about Hillary Clinton which came from a Russian government operation to help his father Donald J. Trump.

And for some mysterious reason, the "major speech" didn't happen. Who knows why? Rolleyes

Hummmm

._______________.______________. ______________.____________.

Let's play "connect the dots."

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post