The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
12-07-2017, 10:36 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
Thought experiment: Rather than Trump Jr., Chelsea Clinton is discovered to have met with foreign nationals in an effort to influence the 2016 election. Do you envision LDH arguing slightly less vehemently in her defense? Was the *TWANG* you just heard your disbelief suspenders snapping?

Lock her up! Lock her up! Lock her up!

Oh Lordy, that bit of jingo is going to get ironic.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Paleophyte's post
12-07-2017, 11:15 PM
(12-07-2017 10:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:If the democrats want to take back the congress and white house, they need to stop with all uber liberal social issue pandering, the handouts, the attacks on gun rights and the constant whining about Trump. They're practically handing Trump a 2nd term on a silver platter with the antics.
amen.
Smart Democrats already understand this.
Aren't those the smart democrats that thought Hilary was moderate and not liberal in her past or present agenda so that it wouldn't push that way and a reason for less focal turn out than Obama got? Aren't those the actual fooling themselves that a Democrat party must be right of center to win vs a right party?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
13-07-2017, 02:09 AM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2017 04:45 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(12-07-2017 11:15 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 10:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  amen.
Smart Democrats already understand this.
Aren't those the smart democrats that thought Hilary was moderate and not liberal in her past or present agenda so that it wouldn't push that way and a reason for less focal turn out than Obama got? Aren't those the actual fooling themselves that a Democrat party must be right of center to win vs a right party?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Being right of center will have Democrats losing to the Republicans, because America already has a regressive party.

It's right there in the slogan.

"Make America Great Again"

Pining for a long lost utopia, a time when coal miners mattered, and both women and colored folk were second class citizens that couldn't vote. They want to regress back to a time that never really existed, a rose tinted memory of a cultural myth. As if recognizing that 'the gays' are people too makes us 'less great' in comparison.

Hillary's problem wasn't that she was too liberal and scared conservatives, she was never going to get their votes. The problem was she was too conservative, and had a lot of the moderates and liberals staying home or voting third party. A more liberal candidate wouldn't have lost so many votes to third parties and apathy, and that could have easily flipped Florida and Pennsylvania, and that would have flipped the election.

There was no great conservative surge, Trump got the same votes Romney did before him. The same Republican party voters voted Republican, not because of Trump's policy, but because that's their team. More people still voted for 'not Trump', or didn't vote at all. Trump doesn't even represent a plurality, let alone a majority. Let's not forget that nobody thought Trump was going to win, including Trump; and in that massive wave of voter apathy and strong 3rd party showings, the unexpected happened. Apathy won Trump the Presidency. I somehow doubt as many people are quite so apathetic now.

But hey, if this live reenactment of Watergate cannot get the electorate out to shake up Congress in 2018 and 2020, then America will have the very government it deserves; a feckless and utterly corrupt one with no amount of public accountability. Now that's right up LDH's alley, his bitch ass will be cowering in his basement alongside his guns and ammo no matter what happens. But for everyone else who doesn't vote out of baseless pant shitting fear, here's hoping for a better outcome for everyone else. But we do have the deck stacked against us, on account of Republican gerrymandering, which means that Democrats need to win with a 14 point lead on average to actually replace an incumbent Republican.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-07-2017, 05:02 AM
(13-07-2017 02:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  It's right there in the slogan.

Pining for a long lost utopia, a time when coal miners mattered, and both women and colored folk were second class citizens that couldn't vote. They want to regress back to a time that never really existed, a rose tinted memory of a cultural myth. As if recognizing that 'the gays' are people too makes us 'less great' in comparison.

Well I voted against Hillary, so I too am watching Trump with a wary eye.
Yet, I have not seen any Trump actions to support your claim to what you understand Trump's: "Make America Great Again" slogan means to it's people?

Does the plight of a coal miner (and his family) not weigh any significance to you in this new day and age?

Please help me see (examples?) where Trump has put women and or blacks and gays in 2nd place "again" in his promises and actions?

I just don't see it man, in all I have been exposed to so far.

Sorry but the one conclusion I can draw is there are pretty thick partisan bias lenses in the glasses worn by many here. Sad

(Subscribed without receiving email notification of new replies)

You have to be odd to be #1.
13-07-2017, 05:43 AM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2017 12:38 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(13-07-2017 05:02 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 02:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  It's right there in the slogan.

Well I voted against Hillary, so I too am watching Trump with a wary eye.
Yet, I have not seen any Trump actions to support your claim to what you understand Trump's: "Make America Great Again" slogan means to it's people?

Does the plight of a coal miner (and his family) not weigh any significance to you in this new day and age?

51,000 coal miners get pandered to like they're god's gift to Earth, yet nobody was trying to fellate the cocks of the 130,000 employed installing solar panels.

It's not that 51,000 jobs (and falling, and has been doing so for almost a century) is insignificant, just that the political rhetoric and chest thumping surrounding them is hardly justified.

Also, he cannot bring those jobs back. Nothing he has done would bring them back. Nobody is going to replace mining machines with dudes and pickaxes. Anybody who bought that rhetoric got sold a load of bullshit.

(13-07-2017 05:02 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  Please help me see (examples?) where Trump has put women and or blacks and gays in 2nd place "again" in his promises and actions?

Budget cuts specifically targeting Planned Parenthood, which is a direct 'fuck you' to women everywhere.

Trying to destroy the ACA, including the specific provisions for women's health and prenatal care.

His approval of unsolicited pussy grabbing.

When he has a Twitter feud with Mika of Morning Joe, his line of attack is to attempt to ridicule her for plastic surgery (holy shit, have you seen Trump or his wife?).

His approval of anything 'religious freedom' is tearing down the wall of separation that protects the non-religious, women, religious minorities, and the LGBTQ population from discrimination in the name of faith based bigotry.

(13-07-2017 05:02 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  I just don't see it man, in all I have been exposed to so far.

I don't know, are you not paying attention?

(13-07-2017 05:02 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  Sorry but the one conclusion I can draw is there are pretty thick partisan bias lenses in the glasses worn by many here. Sad

Of course, this is mostly a thread to vent frustrations.

But there are plenty of simple facts that stand on their own, and paint a damning picture, no interpretation required.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 7 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-07-2017, 06:03 AM
Backslider, you're not aware of his historical court cases against him for racism? Tell me, if you heard DJT had said something super-duper racist would you be: a. Surprised? b. Not surprised at all?

To say nothing of his not repudiating endorsement by the fucking KKK. If that's not a licence to every bigoted fuckhead in America what is?

EK addressed the stuff with women.

How about his total hatred for free press? His ongoing petty feuds with reporters? Is that really the way a democratic leader should behave? It's certainly a trait that I recognise easily - every two-bit shitty third-world dictator hates reporters that they don't control.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
13-07-2017, 08:58 AM
(12-07-2017 08:25 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  ... Did wikileaks cause PA, WI, and MI to turn from blue states to red states? ...

I don't know about PA and MI, but here in Wisconsin, suppression of votes might have made the difference. State Republicans made no secret of the fact that they were doing this, and why they were doing it (minorities and low-income people -- i.e, those affected most by these policies -- are much more likely to vote Democrat).

I was asked for ID three times, and I'm an ordinary-looking middle-class White. I can only imagine how it must have been for someone who's Black or Asian or Arabic, and doesn't have a driver's license.

Wisconsin is no more a "red state" than it was in 2012. It's just that a lot of "blue" voters weren't allowed to vote.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
13-07-2017, 09:04 AM

Have a watch if you haven't already. Trump's faux-concern for coal miners. Please don't be put off, John Oliver is somewhat caustic w.r.t to Trump. Pay attention to the facts and figures.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-07-2017, 09:55 AM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2017 09:59 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(13-07-2017 08:58 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 08:25 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  ... Did wikileaks cause PA, WI, and MI to turn from blue states to red states? ...

I don't know about PA and MI, but here in Wisconsin, suppression of votes might have made the difference. State Republicans made no secret of the fact that they were doing this, and why they were doing it (minorities and low-income people -- i.e, those affected most by these policies -- are much more likely to vote Democrat).

I was asked for ID three times, and I'm an ordinary-looking middle-class White. I can only imagine how it must have been for someone who's Black or Asian or Arabic, and doesn't have a driver's license.

Wisconsin is no more a "red state" than it was in 2012. It's just that a lot of "blue" voters weren't allowed to vote.

I'm not buying this excuse. I've seen it before. This myth that young people and minorities are less likely to have an I.D. because they are poorer. I've seen studies that those groups are less likely to have a driver's license. But states also issue regular picture identification that can be used to vote. Usually much cheaper than the driver's license process. All of these people still find a way to buy cigarettes, alcohol, or rent an apartment, or get jobs or get into the club. They need state issued picture I.D. to do those things. So obviously they have an I.D. card but maybe not a driver's license.

Oh, and guess what? Its FREE in Wisconsin to get an I.D. to vote.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
13-07-2017, 10:42 AM
(30-06-2017 07:41 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Here. Now we all can have our face on a time cover.

Latest Time cover.

[Image: po0MklQ.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post