The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-07-2017, 10:52 AM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(13-07-2017 09:55 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 08:58 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I don't know about PA and MI, but here in Wisconsin, suppression of votes might have made the difference. State Republicans made no secret of the fact that they were doing this, and why they were doing it (minorities and low-income people -- i.e, those affected most by these policies -- are much more likely to vote Democrat).

I was asked for ID three times, and I'm an ordinary-looking middle-class White. I can only imagine how it must have been for someone who's Black or Asian or Arabic, and doesn't have a driver's license.

Wisconsin is no more a "red state" than it was in 2012. It's just that a lot of "blue" voters weren't allowed to vote.

I'm not buying this excuse. I've seen it before. This myth that young people and minorities are less likely to have an I.D. because they are poorer. I've seen studies that those groups are less likely to have a driver's license. But states also issue regular picture identification that can be used to vote. Usually much cheaper than the driver's license process. All of these people still find a way to buy cigarettes, alcohol, or rent an apartment, or get jobs or get into the club. They need state issued picture I.D. to do those things. So obviously they have an I.D. card but maybe not a driver's license.

Oh, and guess what? Its FREE in Wisconsin to get an I.D. to vote.

It may be free, but it's a royal pain in the ass. Just ask Shai Hulud, who had a hell of a time even registering to vote. They make it as hard as possible. And voting was a royal pain in the ass for me, having to pull my driver's license in and out of a tight compartment in my wallet three times to show it to three different people. I almost walked out of there.

Also, if it's as much of a non-issue as you claim, why are the Republicans here in Wisconsin so smug and self-congratulatory about passing those laws? They know exactly what they're doing -- making it harder for Democrats to vote.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
13-07-2017, 11:02 AM
(13-07-2017 06:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  Backslider, you're not aware of his historical court cases against him for racism? Tell me, if you heard DJT had said something super-duper racist would you be: a. Surprised? b. Not surprised at all?

To say nothing of his not repudiating endorsement by the fucking KKK. If that's not a licence to every bigoted fuckhead in America what is?

EK addressed the stuff with women.

How about his total hatred for free press? His ongoing petty feuds with reporters? Is that really the way a democratic leader should behave? It's certainly a trait that I recognise easily - every two-bit shitty third-world dictator hates reporters that they don't control.

Lets judge this man as our sitting president how about? We all have a past. Hang him with NEW ROPE. If he has it in his heart, he'll provide the slack in due time.

I have not seem anything resembling racism in his promises or apointments during this short time in office. Lots of diversity in his administration and positions.
I watch some news but don't claim any global "Sarnack" knowledge of any one subject.

Fucking KKK, really? When was that again? How was it Robert Bird was NEVER challenged by this leaning press for decades?

So if you don't support Planned Parenthood organization you are automatically in the fuc women rights camp? Bull chit.

Free press? From the sidelines I would have no respect for them either based on the 100% bised coverage he receives. I never hear anything positive from those sources. They intentionally show only part of a vidieo to spin their lopsided points.

One thing to be objective, it's another to HAVE A OBJECTIVE. I believe the latter fits sadly too well.

I can't wait till we get back to not hearing the name Russia only once a month.

They are progressive lenses with a small sweet spot of clairity that are evident in the past two replies IMHO.

You have to be odd to be #1.
13-07-2017, 11:12 AM
(13-07-2017 11:02 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  Lets judge this man as our sitting president how about? We all have a past. Hang him with NEW ROPE. If he has it in his heart, he'll provide the slack in due time.

We all have past and I see no reason for giving someone with bad one a pass just cause he got to seat in important chair.

Quote:So if you don't support Planned Parenthood organization you are automatically in the fuc women rights camp? Bull chit.

If you cut funding from organization like PP then yes, you're in fuck women rights camp. Simple as that.

Quote:Free press? From the sidelines I would have no respect for them either based on the 100% bised coverage he receives. I never hear anything positive from those sources. They intentionally show only part of a vidieo to spin their lopsided points.

I would have quite a big problem to say something good about man using words enemy of the people in regard to press. We all (hopefully) know history of that term - nothing good comes from using such terminology.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 6 users Like Szuchow's post
13-07-2017, 11:43 AM
(11-07-2017 10:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  Nah. It's savvy politics. He knew he was toast, so he released the emails before the NY times - scooped them. Now it looks like he's committed to transparency, to anyone who's not inclined to look too hard - i.e. every Trump supporter still remaining. They're fanatics remember...

It may work ... until the next lie is discovered.

The CIA has a term: "limited hang-out". In that practice a person or agency admits to a small wrong-doing in the hopes that the larger will go undiscovered.

The problem with its application here is that the Shitgibbon has already opened hostilities with both the press and the intelligence community, meaning that both will be pursuing every advantage (and that means each statement will be scrutinized closely), and will certainly air any damaging info they find.

In combat, one of the first rules is never give a sucker an even break. Trump Jr has practiced llmited-hang-out" not understanding that the battle joined is clearly no quarter.

Or as the Miranda Warning reads, "anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law". His changing stories in the press? Check. His full recaptulation of the e-mail exchange? Check.

Hold on while I go nuke a bag of popcorn. Shit's gon' be gooooood.
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
13-07-2017, 11:50 AM
(11-07-2017 02:21 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I don't see the big deal here. Trump Jr. had a meeting with some russian attorney that said she had dirt on Clinton accepting Russian money to fund her campaign or some shit. All this does is show that the Russians really wanted both sides to owe them a favor.

You don't think blackmail leverage is a big deal?

If that's the case, you're a political neophyte.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
13-07-2017, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2017 12:23 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(13-07-2017 11:02 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  Lets judge this man as our sitting president how about? We all have a past. Hang him with NEW ROPE. If he has it in his heart, he'll provide the slack in due time.

Zebras don't change their stripes. The man is fucking 70 years old. You think he's gonna change NOW ? If his lips are moving, he's lying. He does it 24/7.

Quote:I have not seem anything resembling racism in his promises or apointments during this short time in office. Lots of diversity in his administration and positions.
I watch some news but don't claim any global "Sarnack" knowledge of any one subject.

All through the campaign he criticized Clinton for taking money from Wall Street. Who does he hire for the cabinet ? Wall Streeters. There is NO diversity in the FEW appointments he's made, (many departments are lacking the working compliment needed to DO their work).

Quote:Fucking KKK, really? When was that again? How was it Robert Bird was NEVER challenged by this leaning press for decades?

The world progresses. Sorry if that's a new concept for you.

Quote:
So if you don't support Planned Parenthood organization you are automatically in the fuc women rights camp? Bull chit.

Most of their work involves routine and preventive care for women. A small proportion is for abortions. It's LEGAL in the US.

Quote:Free press? From the sidelines I would have no respect for them either based on the 100% bised coverage he receives. I never hear anything positive from those sources. They intentionally show only part of a vidieo to spin their lopsided points.

*As if*, Fox News shows both sides of anything.

Quote:I can't wait till we get back to not hearing the name Russia only once a month.

Just a s soon as Putin has re-assembled the old Soviet Union, and invaded all the old part of the USSR, then you can get back to that.

Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
13-07-2017, 12:09 PM
lol at citing Byrd's KKK membership sixty years ago while at the same time decrying holding Trump's actions from forty years ago against him.

Double-standard much?
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
13-07-2017, 12:15 PM
(13-07-2017 11:02 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 06:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  Backslider, you're not aware of his historical court cases against him for racism? Tell me, if you heard DJT had said something super-duper racist would you be: a. Surprised? b. Not surprised at all?

To say nothing of his not repudiating endorsement by the fucking KKK. If that's not a licence to every bigoted fuckhead in America what is?

EK addressed the stuff with women.

How about his total hatred for free press? His ongoing petty feuds with reporters? Is that really the way a democratic leader should behave? It's certainly a trait that I recognise easily - every two-bit shitty third-world dictator hates reporters that they don't control.

Lets judge this man as our sitting president how about? We all have a past. Hang him with NEW ROPE. If he has it in his heart, he'll provide the slack in due time.

I have not seem anything resembling racism in his promises or apointments during this short time in office. Lots of diversity in his administration and positions.

Fucking KKK, really? When was that again? How was it Robert Bird was NEVER challenged by this leaning press for decades?

Free press? From the sidelines I would have no respect for them either based on the 100% bised coverage he receives. I never hear anything positive from those sources. They intentionally show only part of a vidieo to spin their lopsided points.

One thing to be objective, it's another to HAVE A OBJECTIVE. I believe the latter fits sadly too well.

They are progressive lenses with a small sweet spot of clairity that are evident in the past two replies IMHO.

You write this crap and dare to accuse us of bias?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
13-07-2017, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2017 12:42 PM by EvolutionKills.)

Sorry, he didn't run on a platform of what he had already done as President, he was not an incumbent. We do not magically forget everything pre-POTUS just cause it's convenient.

I mean, sweet holy fuck, how long did Republican, Fox News, the general conservative pandering media, and Trump personally go on about Obama's birth certificate? How fucking long? And that was complete and utter bullshit. Obama was grilled over a document from when he was born, and also about his metro-sexual mustard choices.

Man, remember when the biggest Presidential controversy was Obama wanting Dijon mustard on his burger?

(13-07-2017 11:02 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  I have not seem anything resembling racism in his promises or apointments during this short time in office. Lots of diversity in his administration and positions.

Well, there is the whole thing where he appointed a trust fund baby home schooler advocate as the Secretary of Education, and a climate change denier as head of the EPA, and also fired the head of the FBI for not swearing personal loyalty during a private dinner. His appointment haven't been racist, he has instead opted for appointing campaign donors with an eye towards dismantling the very agencies they were put in charge of.

So, you know, there is that.

(13-07-2017 11:02 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  Fucking KKK, really? When was that again? How was it Robert Bird was NEVER challenged by this leaning press for decades?

Trump was questioned repeatedly, but never directly condemned it. When asked point blank to renounce the KKK and David Duke's endorement, he fucking punted the question. Literally one of the easiest questions to get right, and he done fucked it up.

Donald Trump Refuses to Condemn KKK, Disavow David Duke Endorsement @ Time.com

(13-07-2017 11:02 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  So if you don't support Planned Parenthood organization you are automatically in the fuc women rights camp? Bull chit.

Planned Parenthood is already denied from using federal funds for abortions, so that means all of their federal funding goes to women's health. So that cut funding kills sex education, contraception access, mammograms, family planning, pap smears, cancer screenings, pre-natal care, and other women's health care.

But please, do supply a reason how eliminating all those services is anything but a massive middle finger to all the women who otherwise cannot access or afford such services.

(13-07-2017 11:02 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  Free press? From the sidelines I would have no respect for them either based on the 100% bised coverage he receives. I never hear anything positive from those sources. They intentionally show only part of a vidieo to spin their lopsided points.

So you haven't at all payed attention to Fox's near constant side stepping and downplaying of every issues as it arises?

Who's cock is Breitbart sucking these days? Who is the current White House Chief Strategist? Steve Bannon, one of the founders of Breitbart.

Once again, I have to ask if you are even paying attention here.

(13-07-2017 11:02 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  One thing to be objective, it's another to HAVE A OBJECTIVE. I believe the latter fits sadly too well.

Hey, once again, do you remember the nothing scandal that was Obama's birth certificate?

Potential Russian collusion and interference in elections is orders of magnitude more severe and important than the nothing that was a bunch a racists fucks trying to take the first black President down a peg because he was on the other team.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-07-2017, 12:37 PM
(13-07-2017 12:31 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 11:02 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  I have not seem anything resembling racism in his promises or apointments during this short time in office. Lots of diversity in his administration and positions.

Well, there is the whole thing where he appointed a trust fund baby home schooler advocate as the Secretary of Education, and a climate change denier as head of the EPA, and also fired the head of the FBI for not swearing personal loyalty during a private dinner. His appointment haven't been racist, he has instead opted for appointing campaign donors with an eye towards dismantling the very agencies they were put in charge of.

So, you know, there is that.

Don't overlook Jeff Sessions.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post