The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-07-2017, 04:11 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(13-07-2017 03:47 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 03:19 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Remind me of when it was that we had "100% we luv you missr president" -- ever, with any President. We certainly never had it with Obama (I assume you were referring to him, because Trump has never even been close to 50% approval at any time since his election).

Really interesting graphs about approval ratings:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta...val_rating

Those are interesting. In particular, I was surprised to see Kennedy's ratings as high as they are, and also surprised that Reagan's weren't higher.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2017, 04:12 PM
(13-07-2017 03:15 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  The coverage has gone from 100% we luv you missr president to a game of got ya fuc'r pinata slug fest.

That has me rarely watching their obviously biased purpose and rigged news that wouldn't dare report anything positive. I don't need that much bitchn in my life.

lol, did you ever stop to wonder why his honeymoon was so short? Could it be his obvious double-dealing, say? Perhaps his clear lies in the face of facts?

Where I'm from, respect is earnt.

Maybe -- just maybe -- if he wants respect, he could, you know, get shit done. But he doesn't He instead avails himself of 3AM Twitter-rants against the enemy du jour. Talk to me when this Republican President can get a Republican Congress to legislate one of his ideals.

Until then, he will be regarded here as a dangerous blowhard who ain't worth a pisshole drilled in a snowbank.

#don'tshootthemessenger, #openyoureyes[/align]
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
13-07-2017, 04:31 PM
Has anyone noticed if the American flag is back on the tail of Air Force One?

You have to be odd to be #1.
13-07-2017, 04:57 PM
(13-07-2017 04:11 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 03:47 PM)Dom Wrote:  Really interesting graphs about approval ratings:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta...val_rating

Those are interesting. In particular, I was surprised to see Kennedy's ratings as high as they are, and also surprised that Reagan's weren't higher.
Never went to or ended a war for Reagan. That is the clear blind loyalty winner. But I didn't know Truman would be so low at his end.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
13-07-2017, 05:21 PM
(13-07-2017 04:31 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  Has anyone noticed if the American flag is back on the tail of Air Force One?

It wasn't removed and, even if it had been, I care much more about the actions than the symbolism. Trumplethinskin can wrap himself in the flag night and day and he'd still be unqualified for the job in both experience and temperament. Obama was far from perfect but he was at least respectable and didn't run the office like a two-bit sideshow.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
13-07-2017, 08:07 PM
(13-07-2017 04:12 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 03:15 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  The coverage has gone from 100% we luv you missr president to a game of got ya fuc'r pinata slug fest.

That has me rarely watching their obviously biased purpose and rigged news that wouldn't dare report anything positive. I don't need that much bitchn in my life.

Talk to me when this Republican President can get a Republican Congress to legislate one of his ideals.

I know you (also) saw how Trump couldn't hold his nose tight enough with both hands cause he had to sign on as a Republican. That "party" had to have him sign a statement saying he would accept the RNC's official candidate endorsement. For real??

Why would you think he is Repub. knowing all that parasitism chit went down with the Repub. party?

Help me with an example of "Could it be his obvious double-dealing?"
I'm not watching the news much anymore.

He's no dyed in wool Republican with a congress backing him; he just knew an Independent run would have been futile.
(sorry I don't hashtag so whatever.)

With so little fair reporting, how will you ever know wtf is accomplished?

The pinata crowd chooses a story of his two scoops of ice cream over everyone else's one scoop slam?? Gheeshe!
over real issues of the day?
We the people are the real loosers here with the new-age media. No real truth in calling them the "press".

Unless it's in the context of tabloid reporting.

13-07-2017, 08:12 PM
I don't want anyone but Americans to be able to put a US president in power.

It's not too much to ask.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 6 users Like Dom's post
13-07-2017, 08:20 PM
(13-07-2017 05:21 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 04:31 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  Has anyone noticed if the American flag is back on the tail of Air Force One?

It wasn't removed and, even if it had been, I care much more about the actions than the symbolism. Trumplethinskin can wrap himself in the flag night and day and he'd still be unqualified for the job in both experience and temperament. Obama was far from perfect but he was at least respectable and didn't run the office like a two-bit sideshow.

You are right unfogged. It was his campaign aircraft, not Air Force one.

There is a lot of people that would disagree with you on Obama didn't run the office like a two-bit sideshow. Regardless of how vehemently you may disagree. I believe his legacy is 1/2 the reason for blame for assisting Trump to beat out Hillary.
Since Hillary and the DNC did away with Sanders.

But I'll call bullshit on your statement:" I care much more about the actions than the symbolism." Right, All in the context I'll bet.

Again, I'm not aiding and abetting this president's chit, I just want to see reality and not the rabid media's b.s. du jour.

13-07-2017, 08:22 PM
(13-07-2017 03:19 PM)morondog Wrote:  

It's "obviously biased" to report facts that are directly of concern to your national security? I think you're showing a bit of obvious bias of your own.

Is this a Russian reference?
omg, mercy

13-07-2017, 08:28 PM
(13-07-2017 03:19 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

Remind me of when it was that we had "100% we luv you missr president" -- ever, with any President. We certainly never had it with Obama (I assume you were referring to him, because Trump has never even been close to 50% approval at any time since his election).

Clinton and Obama both had softball questions in the briefings from their darlings who always got the nod for time consuming, worthless questions.

Whitewater records mysteriously appear in the white house bedroom or parlor (whatever) with Hillary's finger prints all over it and the story dies in < week? So much more but memories do fade so fast don't they?

- okay nuff for me this night.