The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-02-2017, 10:56 AM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
The US Census Bureau figures indicate that there are 242,470,820 adult persons living in the country.

How can it be that 242,470,819 people are apparently less suited to be POTUS?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
17-02-2017, 11:07 AM
(17-02-2017 10:56 AM)SYZ Wrote:  The US Census Bureau figures indicate that there are 242,470,820 adult persons living in the country.

How can it be that 242,470,819 people are apparently less suited to be POTUS?

Because they've all been convicted of:
a) marijuana possession
b) being black
c) being poor
d) looking at a cop in a funny way
e) all of the above

... so they are not entitled to vote or stand for office.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
17-02-2017, 11:26 AM
Now even Russia's pro-Putin media is calling out Trump as unhinged.

Source: Russian media no longer dazzled by Trump
From the article:
Quote:On Friday, Russia's most popular tabloid, Komsomolskaya Pravda, accused President Trump of making "contradictory" statements about Nato.

The paper points out: "(During the election campaign) Trump had called the Alliance obsolete and useless. Less than two months have passed since he moved into the Oval Office and he's already expressed full support for Nato.

"As the saying goes, you need to be drunk to understand the true position of America's president."
emphasis added
[+] 3 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
17-02-2017, 11:40 AM
They should blame Putin for the WLB being in there in the first place.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
17-02-2017, 12:32 PM
(17-02-2017 07:39 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Disgraced rght-wing gasbag Rush Limbaugh said Trump's press conference was "masterful."

I guess "masterful" is now a synonym for "unhinged", "erratic" and "confused".

Everyone is so focused on what he says and how he says It...he's got the media running circles to prove they're not fake, and now he's keeping the conversation away from real issues. Like the connection to Russia. Like his businesses, like so much else that is flying under the radar.

It is actually masterful. It's the long con and everyone is falling for it. The magician's hands are moving to distract you from where your attention should be. He's not even smart enough to think of moving hands, Bannon told him to do it. Bannon feeds him the info that he knows is wrong and ppp repeats it...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-02-2017, 02:41 PM
(17-02-2017 12:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(17-02-2017 07:39 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Disgraced rght-wing gasbag Rush Limbaugh said Trump's press conference was "masterful."

I guess "masterful" is now a synonym for "unhinged", "erratic" and "confused".

Everyone is so focused on what he says and how he says It...he's got the media running circles to prove they're not fake, and now he's keeping the conversation away from real issues. Like the connection to Russia. Like his businesses, like so much else that is flying under the radar.

It is actually masterful. It's the long con and everyone is falling for it. The magician's hands are moving to distract you from where your attention should be. He's not even smart enough to think of moving hands, Bannon told him to do it. Bannon feeds him the info that he knows is wrong and ppp repeats it...
I keep thinking of the conversation from yesterday where puppet said someone had told him he had the greatest electoral victory since Reagan, because he can't face being wrong, obviously. Also it made me wonder if Bannon is deliberately feeding puppet misinformation because the facts would make puppet "SAD." Is it possible that Bannon doesn't care whether anyone outside the base respects puppet? To me that would mean Bannon has plans that factor in an open liar and/or credulous nincompoop as president. That scares the shit out of me.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
17-02-2017, 02:46 PM
Bannon is way scarier than trump. Dude is evil, smart, cunning and filled with hate for _____ (fill in the blank). And he is all of this with almost unchecked power.

And I agree that cheato's twitter antics are a big distraction to the real issues.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
17-02-2017, 02:57 PM
(14-02-2017 05:03 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  The thing is, the Republicans have to be the ones to begin impeachment proceedings not the Democrats, otherwise it won't happen. The only way Republicans are going to vote to impeach Trump is when they see Trump sinking so low in the population polls that they realize backing him is a huge liability and they see their jobs jeopardized. Until then, it won't matter if trump lies a million times over.

This is what happened to Nixon. It took a while for the rats finally jumped ship and that's when impeachment proceedings began but he resigned before the trial actually began.

Right. The maniac himself said that he could shoot a person on the street and nobody would care.
17-02-2017, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2017 04:19 PM by Stevil.)
What does it take to get an impeachment?

If the president is seen as dangerously negligent would that count?

Trump's shtick is that he wants to make USA safe and that he is a man of action and seemingly with almost deity or savant levels of knowledge and understanding. He campaigned for building a wall to keep the Mexicans out. He campaigned to keep the Muslims out and to round up the illegal immagrants and send them out.

Of course, life often doesn't go according to plan.
But Trump seems totally focused on his plan and not so interested in any of the curve balls that reality throws (those were not in his original plan).

For example the allegations and mounting evidence regarding Russian ties and influence and potential blackmail.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/art...d=11803048
Quote:Trump shows little interest in a growing pile of evidence that Russia attempted to influence the outcome of the election. And he doesn't seem curious about whether those who worked for him had improper contact with Russian agents

Quote:"This Russian connection nonsense is merely an attempt to cover up the many mistakes made in Hillary Clinton's losing campaign," he tweeted on Thursday.

Quote:"The accusations regarding the Trump campaign's ties to Russia are creating a cloud over the White House. They should be fairly investigated by the Congress in a bipartisan manner. It would serve the President's interests to get to the bottom of this so he can move forward with his agenda," said Republican Senator Lindsey Graham.

Quote:In earlier situations, presidents have sought to get ahead of a brewing controversy by calling for an investigation themselves.

President Ronald Reagan, for instance, appointed a bipartisan commission to look into the Iran-contra affair just days after it became public in 1986 that money from secret arms sales to Iran had been used to support rebels in Nicaragua

Quote:In 2002, President George W Bush appointed an independent commission to investigate the circumstances surrounding the attacks of September 11, 2001 - including the question of why the Government had not adequately prepared to prevent it.

So my question is, would Trump's continue denial of the Russian allegations and failure to take it seriously and to promptly commission and independent investigation constitute dangerous neglect towards an immediate matter of national security.

I mean, people have been coming into USA from those 7 countries for decades and USA hasn't had any terrorists attack them from those countries. Seems to me there is no urgency on this. But Russia is accused of meddling in the US election, accused of having ties with people in the White House who have power and confidential information. It seems like an extreme and immediate threat to me. More dangerous than Watergate, more dangerous than Hillary's email breach.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
17-02-2017, 03:44 PM
(17-02-2017 02:41 PM)julep Wrote:  
(17-02-2017 12:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Everyone is so focused on what he says and how he says It...he's got the media running circles to prove they're not fake, and now he's keeping the conversation away from real issues. Like the connection to Russia. Like his businesses, like so much else that is flying under the radar.

I keep thinking of the conversation from yesterday where puppet said someone had told him he had the greatest electoral victory since Reagan, because he can't face being wrong, obviously. Also it made me wonder if Bannon is deliberately feeding puppet misinformation because the facts would make puppet "SAD." Is it possible that Bannon doesn't care whether anyone outside the base respects puppet? To me that would mean Bannon has plans that factor in an open liar and/or credulous nincompoop as president. That scares the shit out of me.

No, I don't think so. I think bannon and others are the voices in his ear saying things they know that PPP will just repeat out of hand -- because now the press's job isn't to report what's going on but their sole purpose has become chasing down his "alternative facts".

Trump is out campaigning for his presidency trying to rejuvenate his "core" saying all sorts of crazy shit and Russia falls off the front page -- because the story becomes him.

Meanwhile back at the WhiteHouse, Bannon leans back in His chair and lights a cigar in the Oval Office.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post