The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-07-2017, 09:04 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(13-07-2017 08:28 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 03:19 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Remind me of when it was that we had "100% we luv you missr president" -- ever, with any President. We certainly never had it with Obama (I assume you were referring to him, because Trump has never even been close to 50% approval at any time since his election).

Clinton and Obama both had softball questions in the briefings from their darlings who always got the nod for time consuming, worthless questions.

Whitewater records mysteriously appear in the white house bedroom or parlor (whatever) with Hillary's finger prints all over it and the story dies in < week? So much more but memories do fade so fast don't they?

- okay nuff for me this night.

Sorry you suffer from memory lapses.
Whitewater went on for years and years and years, and then rose from the dead, as I read about it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-07-2017, 09:38 PM
(13-07-2017 04:31 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  Has anyone noticed if the American flag is back on the tail of Air Force One?

Well, that'll Make America Great Again™. And it's a hell of a lot easier than bringing jobs back.

I'll take "Symbolism" for a True Daily Double, Alex.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
13-07-2017, 09:50 PM
(13-07-2017 08:07 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 04:12 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Talk to me when this Republican President can get a Republican Congress to legislate one of his ideals.

I know you (also) saw how Trump couldn't hold his nose tight enough with both hands cause he had to sign on as a Republican. That "party" had to have him sign a statement saying he would accept the RNC's official candidate endorsement. For real??

Why would you think he is Repub. knowing all that parasitism chit went down with the Repub. party?

Because the Republicans, you know, signed up in support of him. Maybe you missed the news last year, but they actually nominated him to be their supported candidate. And, wonder of wonders, he bought into the deal, being -- you know -- a registered Republican.

So when nothing is getting done, who would you blame? The Greens? The commies? Kinky Friedman?

They allied with each other. When you're digging through shit, you're gonna get some on your hands. Own it.

(13-07-2017 08:07 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  Help me with an example of "Could it be his obvious double-dealing?"
I'm not watching the news much anymore.

Yeah, that's obvious. There's this little thing with the Russians, where he's telling the American people one thing while he's sneaking Sally through the alley to get his hands on the office.

Perhaps you'd ought to watch, or better yet, read the news more.

(13-07-2017 08:07 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  He's no dyed in wool Republican with a congress backing him; he just knew an Independent run would have been futile.
(sorry I don't hashtag so whatever.)

What that tells me is that most who voted for him were hoodwinked.

(13-07-2017 08:07 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  With so little fair reporting, how will you ever know wtf is accomplished?

You just admitted you watch very little news -- but now you're qualified to comment on its fairness?

Sounds like a bunch of horseshit to me. You need to get your story straight.

(13-07-2017 08:07 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  The pinata crowd chooses a story of his two scoops of ice cream over everyone else's one scoop slam?? Gheeshe!
over real issues of the day?

I have no idea what you're talking about here. Please elucidate.

(13-07-2017 08:07 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  We the people are the real loosers here with the new-age media. No real truth in calling them the "press".

... says the guy who admitted in this same post to not watching the news. Your judgement of the press is based on what, then?

(13-07-2017 08:07 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  Unless it's in the context of tabloid reporting.

I wonder if you peruse Breitbart or Infowars. That seems to be the basis of your talking points, vapid as they are.
[+] 6 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
13-07-2017, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2017 09:57 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(13-07-2017 08:07 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  Why would you think he is Repub. knowing all that parasitism chit went down with the Repub. party?

Because that party and it's rabid base are more supportive of demagogues, even if they're 'independent' demagogues. Thump your chest, praise Jesus, hate the Muslims, lie to people and tell them manufacturing and coal mining jobs are coming back. That base loves red meat.

dem·a·gogue
noun
A political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argument.

(13-07-2017 08:07 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  Help me with an example of "Could it be his obvious double-dealing?"
I'm not watching the news much anymore.

How about his incessant bashing of Hillary about her connections to Wall Street, then adding a few top Wall Street executives to his cabinet?

Or calling her corrupt, when he appoints one of his largest campaign donors as the Secretary of Education (Betsy DeVose and her family has contributed northward of 200 million to Republicans).

(13-07-2017 08:07 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  He's no dyed in wool Republican with a congress backing him; he just knew an Independent run would have been futile.
(sorry I don't hashtag so whatever.)

He also probably thought a Republican run would also be futile. Trump is a man who never expected to be President.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Yes Trump, people did know how complicated it was. Or at least, the people who genuinely wanted to be President did...

(13-07-2017 08:07 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  With so little fair reporting, how will you ever know wtf is accomplished?

What's your standard of fair?

Would that be faux outrage of Fox and Breitbart at Katy Griffith's fake Trump effigy?

[Image: screen_shot_2017-05-30_at_1.47.48_pm_-_h_2017.jpg]

In light of them almost entirely ignoring all of this?

[Image: o-obama-effigy-hung-57016x9.jpg?fit=650%2C366]

[Image: c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636.jpg]

[Image: 19846586_BG1.jpg]

(13-07-2017 08:07 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  The pinata crowd chooses a story of his two scoops of ice cream over everyone else's one scoop slam?? Gheeshe!
over real issues of the day?
We the people are the real loosers here with the new-age media. No real truth in calling them the "press".

Again.

Obama's birth certificate.

And people can bitch about Trump's ice cream or handshakes all they want. But when potential Russian collusion pops up, or news about how the Republicans are trying to screw 24+ million Americans out of their healthcare, you need to start paying attention.

(13-07-2017 08:07 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  Unless it's in the context of tabloid reporting.

Trump is a President who gets into Twitter feuds at 3am.

Is it any surprise that the media coverage is at times just as juvenile? I mean, look at what they have to work with here. In the 24 hour news cycle, they always need something to fill the void, and Trump gives them a lot of stupid shit to chew on. Fox giving Obama shit over mustard on a burger was Fox being petty, CNN giving Trump shit over his Twitter feud with Morning Joe and trying to ridicule Mika's plastic surgery is Trump being petty; there is an important distinction there.

But once again, that doesn't mean that nothing of import is happening. Republicans are trying to destroy the ACA, in order to enact permanent tax cuts for the uber wealthy; and they wouldn't be doing this if they didn't know that Trump will rubber stamp any legislation (no matter how detrimental) they can manage to pass.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 8 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-07-2017, 11:32 PM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2017 11:43 PM by morondog.)
BackSlider, why specifically do you like Trump? What has he done for *you*? All I see is an idiot long on bluster and short on real policy.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-07-2017, 11:43 PM
(13-07-2017 11:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  BackSlider, why specifically do you like Trump. What has he done for *you*? All I see is an idiot long on bluster and short on real policy.

Why, the Shitgibbon makes all those voters feel better. He's gonna kick out the Messcans, ban him some Mooslims, help those coal-miners keep their jobs (until they get black lung, at which point his deconstruction of public health will send those guys around the bend) -- and unless you're a manly man, he's gonna grab you by the pussy as he Makes America Great Again.

Some people will suck any cock stuck in their face ... and never notice the one they're getting up the backside -- until it's too late.
[+] 7 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
14-07-2017, 12:22 AM
(13-07-2017 11:43 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 11:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  BackSlider, why specifically do you like Trump. What has he done for *you*? All I see is an idiot long on bluster and short on real policy.

Why, the Shitgibbon makes all those voters feel better. He's gonna kick out the Messcans, ban him some Mooslims, help those coal-miners keep their jobs (until they get black lung, at which point his deconstruction of public health will send those guys around the bend) -- and unless you're a manly man, he's gonna grab you by the pussy as he Makes America Great Again.

Some people will suck any cock stuck in their face ... and never notice the one they're getting up the backside -- until it's too late.

I'm sort of inclined to agree with you. He excels at making people feel good, a certain type of person, who's not felt good for a long time.

But for example the John Oliver video I posted earlier shows a clip of a coal miner who lost his job. It's powerful stuff - you can see the guy is reeling from the shock. Trump spoke to those guys and said he'd help them. No wonder he became popular. Unfortunately Trump also (as detailed throughout the video) didn't really help them at all after getting into office, and probably never intended to.

So I want to know specifically, Backslider, which of Trump's (quite vague) policies do you like? Do you *like* the defunding of Planned Parenthood? Do you *like* the proposed budget cuts to everything environmental? Do you like his attempts to shut down voices of dissent? Are you happy with his picks to lead government agencies - almost all of them extremely wealthy people who've got vested interests in certain policies? Do you like his so-tough-it-could-lead-to-war stance on North Korea? Do you like that he apparently gets most of his information from Fox News? Do you like that his family and friends have trusted roles in government despite being unelected, and that they're apparently not bothered about conflicts of interest and will use their positions to further themselves where they can - IIRC Jr had already got himself into hot water previously for implying that he could do good things for Chinese people who cooperated with his company, since he now had US Government Backing ™.

Let's not be unfair. I'm sure there is stuff that he's gotten right. There's the whole deal with firing rockets at some random guy in the middle east after he saw pictures of dead babies.

Plus, you Backslider, may have voted on some of his policies and not expected all the other dodgy behaviour. So why? Or is all that stuff I listed just smoke and mirrors and media lies? Apart from Jr's emails, I mean that shit he posted himself, so you can hardly argue with that.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
14-07-2017, 12:34 AM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2017 01:32 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(13-07-2017 11:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  BackSlider, why specifically do you like Trump? What has he done for *you*? All I see is an idiot long on bluster and short on real policy.

A good question. LDH is honest about how he's a single issue voter who voted Trump because of his (entirely irrational) fear of losing his guns.

But what has Trump delivered on?

Well, if you wanted an outsider to shake up Washington and end realpolitik? Nope. Trump passed out cabinet positions to the utterly unqualified, to big donors, and to Wall Street executives. His own federal ethics commissioner has quit in anger and frustration. He fired the head of the FBI for showing insufficient loyalty to him (after Obama didn't fire him over Clinton's e-mails). What he cannot destroy through action, he will through apathy and entropy as hundreds of appointed position remain unfilled (such as the person responsible for investigating potential church fraud at the IRS, that seat is still vacant), crippling the effectiveness of their respective agencies.

If you voted Trump because you wanted to cut through the bullshit and get to the facts? Nope. Almost immediately, his press secretary coined the term 'alternative facts', a double-think-esque term that is surely making George Orwell spin in his grave. He hired a founder of Breitbart for his newly created position of Chief Strategist. Getting top level clearance for his immediate family, and giving them positions within the administration. Not only is this rank nepotism, but has also violated the emolument clause (not that the Republican controlled House and Senate will do anything about it).

If you voted for Trump because you hate Obamacare? Well, he has yet to do that either. Make no mistake, the Republicans are doing their damnedest to screw 24+ million Americans out of health coverage. But the facts are, 'Trump Care' isn't going to cover more and cost less, but rather the exact opposite. People will pay more for less coverage, and the fake plans that didn't really provide any real healthcare? The ones the ACA made illegal? Those will come back too. Preexisting conditions will once again make coverage too expensive, and premiums will rise as the pool of covered people decrease; this is just how insurance works, and spreading the risk over a smaller pool raises premiums.

If you voted for Trump because you were afraid Hillary would take your guns? Well, you're an idiot, that was never going to happen. At worst, we might have seen a national gun registry to just keep track of everything. But even that would seem like the Anti-Christ descending upon the Earth to a sizable chunk of the rabid Republican base.

If you voted for Trump because you really wanted that wall that he was going to make Mexico pay for? Likewise, you are also an idiot, because the Mexicans have abundant access to wall scaling technology that would almost utterly invalidate that well over 20 billion dollar project. It's called 'rope'.

If you voted for Trump because he said Jesus a lot during the campaign? Well, still an idiot. Also, why are you here? His support of anything and everything under the banner of 'religious freedom' is doing real harm to the secular foundations of this country. His appointment of Gorsuch to the Supreme Court is a blow that reverberate for generations. As in, if Ginsburg keels over in the next few years and they get another ultra-conservative 'originalist' on the bench, we could see marriage equality overturned in our lifetime by a bunch of judicial ventriloquists who think pretending they can speak for the Founding Fathers is all the jurisprudence they need to justify their politically motivated agenda.

If you voted for Trump because you thought Hillary was a big poo-poo head for calling out racism and being a big old meanie? Well, you let your hurt fee-fees get in the way. You placed your own feelings ahead of women, the LGBTQ community, religious minorities, secularists, and just about everyone else who is not the Republican base (or funds the pandering to said base, such as the Koch brothers). Yeah, it was stupid of Hillary to call out racists for being racist right before she needed them to vote for her. But if that was enough to trick you into fucking up literally the easiest electoral decision in a generation? Then your moral compass needs work, because it is utterly fucked.

[+] 7 users Like EvolutionKills's post
14-07-2017, 01:07 AM
(14-07-2017 12:22 AM)morondog Wrote:  Let's not be unfair. I'm sure there is stuff that he's gotten right. There's the whole deal with firing rockets at some random guy in the middle east after he saw pictures of dead babies.

Yeah, lets be fair, he didnt even bother to know where actually he shot those missles at (was it Syria ir Iraq again? Cant remember myself after all this confusion) Rolleyes

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
14-07-2017, 01:38 AM
(14-07-2017 01:07 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 12:22 AM)morondog Wrote:  Let's not be unfair. I'm sure there is stuff that he's gotten right. There's the whole deal with firing rockets at some random guy in the middle east after he saw pictures of dead babies.

Yeah, lets be fair, he didnt even bother to know where actually he shot those missles at (was it Syria ir Iraq again? Cant remember myself after all this confusion) Rolleyes

While we're at it, the two biggest problems I had with the Obama administration was the drone strike program and the suspension of civil liberties to conduct mass surveillance on American citizens at home and abroad without due process.

Ironically enough, both of these things the conservative right wing media and their Republican handlers were a-okay with. So when there was a more than legitimate reason to go after the administration for genuine executive overreach, Fox News, Breitbart, Info Wars, and most other Republican pandering media was silent. Everyone was a-okay with extra-judicial use of lethal force against brown people on sovereign soil without checks and balances (even against American citizens), or even the approval of the nation we were bombing people in.

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post