The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
14-07-2017, 01:57 AM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(13-07-2017 11:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  BackSlider, why specifically do you like Trump? What has he done for *you*? All I see is an idiot long on bluster and short on real policy.

You're just blinded by biased media which can't see greatness of Trump.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2017, 02:34 AM
(14-07-2017 01:38 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  ...
While we're at it, the two biggest problems I had with the Obama administration was the drone strike program and the suspension of civil liberties to conduct mass surveillance on American citizens at home and abroad without due process.

It's off-topic so maybe a discussion for a different thread but since you mention it...

Those two +
- Libya (where did that gold go?) ... leading to power grabs first in Libya and then the knock-on effect turning the Syrian Civil War into a power grab (I mean, why the fuck are the US even there?) leading to Europe's capacity management crises leading to a rise of reactionary populists.
- Not even an attempt at establishing a National Health Service.
- Failure to capitalise on the down-side of globalism by nationalising failing banks and industries (e.g. the motor industry) to embark on a new New Deal.

No

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
14-07-2017, 03:03 AM
(14-07-2017 02:34 AM)DLJ Wrote:  - Failure to capitalise on the down-side of globalism by nationalising failing banks and industries (e.g. the motor industry) to embark on a new New Deal.

Fuck yes.

Stop spending money on shoving our collective military cock in the face of the world, and instead get our own hose in order. Nationalize healthcare, so that healthcare is no longer the leading cause of personal bankruptcy (a unique problem of the United States, simply not seen in other nations with nationalized healthcare). Get back to rebuilding our infrastructure. We have collapsing damns and bridges, which we need repaired and replaced. If you're really worried about unemployed coal miners, then help subsidize new job training and get them working on installing solar panels or otherwise working on green infrastructure. I want us to stop being the laughing stock of the educated world. I want us to stop being a bully on the world stage. I want us to lead by example, not by fear.

We have the means, the capacity, and the capability, to ensure that everyone in the United States (citizen or otherwise) is educated, insured, fed, clothed, and with a roof over their head.

I wish we had a New Deal, a new promise, a rebirth of The American Dream™. I wish we were dumping obnoxious money into NASA to go explore the cosmos and seriously looking into a maned mission to Mars. I want to look forward to the future, not get caught up in the myth of past greatness (that really only applied if you were white, male, and Christian).

I want hope for the future, not fear over 'the other'.

So long as Republicans maintain their current trajectory, I'll never vote for them. They don't represent anything close to what I want from my government, or my future. I don't want the facade of what America was the Republicans are selling, I want the hope of what America can still be. That's not always going to be the Democrats, cause realpolitik is an ugly, messy thing. But I don't want to be controlled by fear, I refuse to be. Look at LDH, at how he cowers from change, how much his fear controls his reasoning and dictates his choices. I don't want to end up like that.

I am better than that.

We are all better than that.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 7 users Like EvolutionKills's post
14-07-2017, 03:14 AM
(14-07-2017 03:03 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 02:34 AM)DLJ Wrote:  - Failure to capitalise on the down-side of globalism by nationalising failing banks and industries (e.g. the motor industry) to embark on a new New Deal.

Fuck yes.

Stop spending money on shoving our collective military cock in the face of the world, and instead get our own hose in order. Nationalize healthcare, so that healthcare is no longer the leading cause of personal bankruptcy (a unique problem of the United States, simply not seen in other nations with nationalized healthcare). Get back to rebuilding our infrastructure. We have collapsing damns and bridges, which we need repaired and replaced. If you're really worried about unemployed coal miners, then help subsidize new job training and get them working on installing solar panels or otherwise working on green infrastructure. I want us to stop being the laughing stock of the educated world. I want us to stop being a bully on the world stage. I want us to lead by example, not by fear.

We have the means, the capacity, and the capability, to ensure that everyone in the United States (citizen or otherwise) is educated, insured, fed, clothed, and with a roof over their head.

I wish we had a New Deal, a new promise, a rebirth of The American Dream™. I wish we were dumping obnoxious money into NASA to go explore the cosmos and seriously looking into a maned mission to Mars. I want to look forward to the future, not get caught up in the myth of past greatness (that really only applied if you were white, male, and Christian).

So long as Republicans maintain their current trajectory, I'll never vote for them. They don't represent anything close to what I want from my government, or my future. I don't want the facade of what America was the Republicans are selling, I want the hope of what America can still be. That's not always going to be the Democrats, cause realpolitik is an ugly, messy thing. But I don't want to be controlled by fear, I refuse to be. Look at LDH, at how he cowers from change, how much his fear controls his reasoning and dictates his choices. I don't want to end up like that.

I am better than that.

I have only one comment to add to that...

VOTE EvoKills

Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
14-07-2017, 03:31 AM
(14-07-2017 03:14 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I have only one comment to add to that...

VOTE EvoKills

Big Grin

Oh, hell no. I'm supremely unqualified for the position. Although I am of the opinion that not wanting the position can be an advantageous trait for public office. Not in the Trump way of 'my publicity stunt got way out of hand and I'm in over my head' sort of way, but more so in 'the best soldiers are peace loving civilians' way espoused in The Postman.

[Image: 51W1PA3CZ-L.jpg]

Winner of the John W. Campbell Memorial Award for Best Science Fiction Novel and the Locus Award for Best Science Fiction Novel, and nominated for the Hugo Award for Best Novel and Nebula Award for Best Novel in 1986.

It is another fine example of that old adage, that the novel is indeed better than the film adaptation.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-07-2017, 04:41 AM
(13-07-2017 09:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 08:28 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  Clinton and Obama both had softball questions in the briefings from their darlings who always got the nod for time consuming, worthless questions.

Whitewater records mysteriously appear in the white house bedroom or parlor (whatever) with Hillary's finger prints all over it and the story dies in < week? So much more but memories do fade so fast don't they?

- okay nuff for me this night.

Sorry you suffer from memory lapses.
Whitewater went on for years and years and years, and then rose from the dead, as I read about it.

You generalized (or missed) my specific issue.
Well yeah Whitewater investigation did go on, but it was the wooing press who allowed that mysterious appearance of those records to fade away without the dogged determination to "find the pony" in that pile of chit. Just let it go dut to lack of interest. "Investigative journalism" profession went to emergency room this adminstration.

Vince Foster's odd appearance w/o any blood on the scene and his body dropped in a district that left an inept police force to mishandle the scant evidence; too was a short lived "investigation". Investigative journalism was on life support with this "what something odd happened?? What, whats odd??"

You have to be odd to be #1.
14-07-2017, 04:58 AM
I watch and read enough news to know it's not worth much more time than it currently gets.

If someone posts an opinion not in line with TTA pack, whoo-boy chum in the water time.
I'm asked: Why do I like Trump?
WTF?
I have decided to accept that this guy is our president and I'm trying to make lemonade out of the choice the DNC & Hillary made possible.

I never said I even like this lemonade, but any slack given to this administration equates to 110% support - in the posters' assessment at TTA.

I found this to be an interesting headline and how businesses are dealing with the issue:
Businesses in Bar Harbor, Maine are turning to locals to make up for a shortage of foreign guest workers that normally fill summer jobs in the bustling seaside resort town.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/13/shorta...l-workers/

I guess there is a real dark side to this story but CNBC probably won't be on it.Undecided

You have to be odd to be #1.
14-07-2017, 05:06 AM
You react passive-aggressively whenever anyone questions Trump, you demonstrate indifference to people's valid concerns, and you *chose* to comment in the thread. Don't play innocent victim. It's not gonna fly.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
14-07-2017, 05:09 AM
Oh let's not forget, you parrot bullshit like the idea that Obama removed the flag from Air Force one, and you wonder why people question your motives?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
14-07-2017, 05:18 AM
(14-07-2017 03:14 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 03:03 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Fuck yes.

I am better than that.

I have only one comment to add to that...

VOTE EvoKills

Big Grin

+1

btw: I agree with EK. The drone program is illegal and against international law by all standards imho. However, and that was the point i was trying to make, Obama at least had the least bit of interest in who those people are and where they are whom he just ordered to be killed.

What can be done about coal miners and their mines?

[Image: media.media.1ca34fe1-1dce-4733-a3b6-a6c8...lized.jpeg]
[Image: Landschaftspark-Zeche-Duisburg-Nord.jpg]

Zollverein, one of the biggest and most productive coal mines....in the 1930s. It attracts 1.5mio visitors annually (in 2010 it was over 2mio). So, fuck you, ark encounter.
Between 1990-2012, 300mio€ (taxes, by the government) were invested in transforming it. It harbors now various companies related to the arts, culture, design and tourism. They are employing 1000 people.
Visitors of the facility alone are delivering 68mio€ annually with tickets, 11mio additional taxes are returned annually for the investment. A further 1400 people are employed in gastronomy near the location, returning even more of the investments with taxes paid. Its benefits have radiated into the nearby parts of Essen.
Yes, that is people having fun doing some ice skating

[Image: thomas_willemsen-zv-2009-07-26-gf-079.jpg]
[Image: 12_5_Zollverein.jpg]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 5 users Like Deesse23's post