The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
14-07-2017, 09:02 AM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(14-07-2017 08:40 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  When I heard about this on the news this morning, I couldn't believe it was real. I thought it must be fake news, even though I don't like Trump.

I think someone should just put a science team together and go brief Trump that they have perfected the Star Trek deflector shield. They could tell him it would be pointed south, and be transparent. If he ever went to look at his wall, they could say "See, it's completely transparent like you wanted. You would almost think it wasn't even there!" Big Grin

I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best.
The Doctor
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Rockblossom's post
14-07-2017, 09:56 AM
(14-07-2017 07:46 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 05:18 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  What can be done about coal miners and their mines?

[Image: media.media.1ca34fe1-1dce-4733-a3b6-a6c8...lized.jpeg]
[Image: Landschaftspark-Zeche-Duisburg-Nord.jpg]

Zollverein, one of the biggest and most productive coal mines....in the 1930s. It attracts 1.5mio visitors annually (in 2010 it was over 2mio). So, fuck you, ark encounter.
Between 1990-2012, 300mio€ (taxes, by the government) were invested in transforming it. It harbors now various companies related to the arts, culture, design and tourism. They are employing 1000 people.
Visitors of the facility alone are delivering 68mio€ annually with tickets, 11mio additional taxes are returned annually for the investment. A further 1400 people are employed in gastronomy near the location, returning even more of the investments with taxes paid. Its benefits have radiated into the nearby parts of Essen.
Yes, that is people having fun doing some ice skating

[Image: thomas_willemsen-zv-2009-07-26-gf-079.jpg]
[Image: 12_5_Zollverein.jpg]

Only the Germans ... <shakes head in admiration>

Too bad we dont have (a lot of) Frenchies Big Grin here who could comment on this.
They had exactly the same problem at exactly the same timeframe iirc. The subsidizing was even bigger over there. Do you still hear about french coal miners? Is there a whole people of former miners in France who is completely unemployed and lives in poverty? I bet they came up with the same decision and similar solutions to the problem.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
14-07-2017, 10:04 AM
And that faucet keeps on dripping....

http://www.wilx.com/content/news/Russian...86463.html

Quote:As President Trump returns from this morning's Bastille Day parade in France, NBC has learned that a former soviet counter intelligence officer who lobbies for Russian causes was in the room when Donald Trump Junior met with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya.
We're not naming that lobbyist. He's a dual citizen of Russia and the United States, and denies any current ties to Russian spy agencies.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
14-07-2017, 11:19 AM
(14-07-2017 09:02 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 08:40 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  When I heard about this on the news this morning, I couldn't believe it was real. I thought it must be fake news, even though I don't like Trump.

I think someone should just put a science team together and go brief Trump that they have perfected the Star Trek deflector shield. They could tell him it would be pointed south, and be transparent. If he ever went to look at his wall, they could say "See, it's completely transparent like you wanted. You would almost think it wasn't even there!" Big Grin

Laugh out load And hire a Potemkin Village's worth of Mexicans brown people to mime pushing against it. But he has to be made emperor first!
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
14-07-2017, 11:48 AM
(14-07-2017 10:04 AM)Dom Wrote:  And that faucet keeps on dripping....

Quote:As President Trump returns from this morning's Bastille Day parade in France, NBC has learned that a former soviet counter intelligence officer who lobbies for Russian causes was in the room when Donald Trump Junior met with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya.
We're not naming that lobbyist. He's a dual citizen of Russia and the United States, and denies any current ties to Russian spy agencies.

Without a name and corroboration, take that with a grain of salt.

But the fact remains, that officially sanctioned or not, when an e-mail was dangled in front of Trump Jr. that effectively read 'Yo, want in on some collusion with the Russian government?', his reaction was 'Yes, sign me the fuck up for that!'.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
14-07-2017, 11:53 AM
(14-07-2017 11:48 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

Without a name and corroboration, take that with a grain of salt.

Russian spy corroborated it himself.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-07-2017, 11:55 AM

Drip, drip, drip indeed. I was a kid but I remember my father laughing about this during the Watergate hearings.

[Image: quote-i-think-we-ought-to-let-him-patric...305321.jpg]

trump needs to twist slowly, slowly in the wind for another year and a half, until the mid term elections. Don't impeach him yet. (I don't know how to replace the Patrick Gray name with trump in the image but you get the idea.)

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
14-07-2017, 11:56 AM
Nevermind...

The Associated Press said the lobbyist, whom it identified as Rinat Akhmetshin, confirmed that he had attended the June 2016 meeting in New York's Trump Tower. Despite intense media focus on the meeting, his presence had not been reported or disclosed until Friday.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-07-2017, 12:07 PM
(14-07-2017 11:56 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Nevermind...

The Associated Press said the lobbyist, whom it identified as Rinat Akhmetshin, confirmed that he had attended the June 2016 meeting in New York's Trump Tower. Despite intense media focus on the meeting, his presence had not been reported or disclosed until Friday.

I try to have decent "sources" when I add stuff here, and several of them. You can't trust shit anymore these days. I think fake news from all over the place are the plague of the times.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-07-2017, 01:26 PM
(14-07-2017 12:07 PM)Dom Wrote:  I think fake news from all over the place are the plague of the times.

What Trump's election and the subsequent events have thrown into high relief, is that mass misinformation is a valuable commodity. It's always been known - state media in every shitty country always attempts to paint a rosy picture. But private misinformation enterprises - Breitbart etc - are a new development. Initially seen as fringe, but suddenly and unexpectedly powerful. He who controls the Truth controls reality.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post