The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
20-07-2017, 04:22 AM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(20-07-2017 04:19 AM)julep Wrote:  I'd expect disastrous economic policy, unfettered pollution, big cuts to every social safety net, and a rollback of civil rights for everybody but straight white Christian men.

I think you're already getting that...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
20-07-2017, 05:09 AM
(20-07-2017 04:22 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 04:19 AM)julep Wrote:  I'd expect disastrous economic policy, unfettered pollution, big cuts to every social safety net, and a rollback of civil rights for everybody but straight white Christian men.

I think you're already getting that...

Yeah, but with Pence we'll get it about 10x faster.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
20-07-2017, 08:02 AM
I think a focused notice this is the concern pushback is simpler for a dull religious figure like a pence

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
20-07-2017, 09:01 AM
[Image: DFLJcsgXgAEvruH.jpg]

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 5 users Like Silly Deity's post
20-07-2017, 09:08 AM
(19-07-2017 08:47 PM)BnW Wrote:  President Pence will be far, far worse than Trump.

I agree that Trump will ultimately fall—the sharks are just circling ATM and letting the orange buffoon drown himself in his own massive ego, sophistry, and subterfuge. There's no need to even think of impeachment at the moment.

One question comes to my mind (yeah, I know that was an effort LOL) but Mike Pence has 17 years of political experience behind him including 4 years as a state governor, whereas Trump has absolutely nada, zero, zilch—and even after 6 months as POTUS still appears to be working on maintaining that duck egg.

Does the American electorate see any inherent Pence advantage in that political status—as far as a competent presidency goes? Or do his ultraconservative views on hot topics—banning abortion and stem-cell research, anti-LGBTQ, easing of gun laws, pro-tobacco etc—outweigh that?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
20-07-2017, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 20-07-2017 10:43 AM by Dom.)
Here is the entire interview with the NYtimes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/us/po...cript.html

Quote:Trump flatly declared that if Attorney General Jeff Sessions had told him in advance that he would recuse himself from the Russia probe, “I would have picked somebody else.” Just as bad, Trump also said that Sessions’s recusal was “very unfair to the president,” i.e., unfair to him.

Quote:Trump said clearly that if special counsel Robert S. Mueller III is examining his family’s finances, he would view that as an abuse of his role. While Trump declined to say whether he would try to get Mueller removed, he said he would view any such overstepping as a “violation.”

Quote:In at least two exchanges, Trump was asked directly about the fact that Donald Trump Jr.’s email chain showed that the information offered to his campaign in advance of the now-notorious meeting came from the Russian government. In one of them, he strongly suggested that being open to such information was no biggie. In the other, he dismissed the offer itself as “standard political stuff.”

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
20-07-2017, 03:17 PM
(19-07-2017 07:45 PM)Dom Wrote:  Trump says they talked about adoptions..... (the blocking of US adoptions of Russian orphans was stopped by Putin as response to sanctions!)
I think "adoptions" is codeword for "election campaign".
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
20-07-2017, 04:21 PM
(19-07-2017 07:45 PM)Dom Wrote:  Trump says they talked about adoptions..... (the blocking of US adoptions of Russian orphans was stopped by Putin as response to sanctions!)

Is that the best response they can come up with to sanctions? "Oh yeah oh yeah. Well no more Russian babies for you. How you like them beets?"

This just makes me more and more convinced that Putin has the pee tape. That's leverage - "no more Russian babies for you", not so much.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-07-2017, 04:24 PM
I want to see those tax returns. I think it's all in there.

Trump said that he had no financial dealings with the Russians. Well, maybe he sold them a condo or two, he sold a lot of condos.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
20-07-2017, 04:26 PM
(20-07-2017 04:24 PM)Dom Wrote:  I want to see those tax returns. I think it's all in there.

I'm guessing he wrote off the golden shower hookers as a business expense. I know I would have.

#sigh