The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
20-07-2017, 05:34 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(20-07-2017 04:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Is that the best response they can come up with to sanctions? "Oh yeah oh yeah. Well no more Russian babies for you. How you like them beets?"

This just makes me more and more convinced that Putin has the pee tape. That's leverage - "no more Russian babies for you", not so much.
Given the meddling and down right aggression and deceit of Russia, you'd think USA would:
Pull their own ambassadors out of Russia
Kick Russian ambassadors out of USA (I think this one has been done)
Put sanctions on
Stop talks with Russia.

For Putin to be getting all these hours of talk time with Trump, this is a slap in the face of all the US allies who are trying really hard to get an audience with Trump and hence better access to the USA market.
With Trump pulling out of TTP, he needs to put lots of time into one on one negotiations.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2017, 07:48 PM
(20-07-2017 04:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 04:24 PM)Dom Wrote:  I want to see those tax returns. I think it's all in there.

I'm guessing he wrote off the golden shower hookers as a business expense. I know I would have.

Pff. I bet they were gratis, from the Russian gov.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
20-07-2017, 08:47 PM
Apparently Trump was informed, that much to his dismay, Mr. Mueller can indeed have full access to his tax returns. That has resulted in the White House inquiring about the limitations of Presidential Pardon power. Specifically, whether the President can pardon members of his family, his staff, and himself. Dom is right, there is something in those tax returns he is very very scared of. My guess is Mueller has already reviewed his and his whole family's tax returns and Trump is just now realizing this.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-07-2017, 08:53 PM
(20-07-2017 08:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Apparently Trump was informed, that much to his dismay, Mr. Mueller can indeed have full access to his tax returns. That has resulted in the White House inquiring about the limitations of Presidential Pardon power. Specifically, whether the President can pardon members of his family, his staff, and himself. Dom is right, there is something in those tax returns he is very very scared of. My guess is Mueller has already reviewed his and his whole family's tax returns and Trump is just now realizing this.

As far as I know, when bank documents are subpoenaed, the account holder is notified by the bank. May be that is how come he suddenly knows...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
20-07-2017, 09:01 PM
(20-07-2017 08:53 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 08:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Apparently Trump was informed, that much to his dismay, Mr. Mueller can indeed have full access to his tax returns. That has resulted in the White House inquiring about the limitations of Presidential Pardon power. Specifically, whether the President can pardon members of his family, his staff, and himself. Dom is right, there is something in those tax returns he is very very scared of. My guess is Mueller has already reviewed his and his whole family's tax returns and Trump is just now realizing this.

As far as I know, when bank documents are subpoenaed, the account holder is notified by the bank. May be that is how come he suddenly knows...

Ah. No such requirement that the IRS has to do on that on requests from government investigators. If he was notified then which accounts were triggered probably let him know that his tax returns drove Mueller there. And my guess is there are very very few who can hide their trails from the full force of the US Government investigating them. If you gaze too long into the swamp too long, the swamp looks into you.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-07-2017, 09:03 PM
(20-07-2017 08:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Dom is right, there is something in those tax returns he is very very scared of.
This is the fellow who said he could gun down a stranger in Times Square and not lose any supporters - and he was CORRECT in that surmise, however cynically uttered, yet he regards whatever is in those tax returns as potentially MORE damaging to his image than if he terrorized Times Square. He might correct in that surmise also.
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
20-07-2017, 09:03 PM
Deutschebank has agreed to turn over their records.

I wonder who cosigned Trump's loans from them? I'm betting some of the dirt will come from that pile.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
20-07-2017, 09:45 PM
(20-07-2017 09:03 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I wonder who cosigned Trump's loans from them?

Putin.

I don't think that's as farfetched as it may seem because trump's credit rating is probably on par with home network shoppers and the Russian gov. may very well have underwritten loans to trump inc. as part of a real estate development package - loans trump couldn't obtain from more reputable U.S. or international financial firms because he'd already stiffed them. Thus he ran as a candidate still in debt to the Russian government itself. Putin was his co-signer.

Whether true or not, there is one key point: no one on this board would be the slightest bit surprised if that WERE true. And THAT is more damning of trump than if his actual malfeasance were less than that. You're only as big as the worst that people think you might do.
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
20-07-2017, 09:50 PM
What is amazing to me, is the speed that all this is happening. I figured all the dirt on their financial fraud would come out some day, but never imagined it would all happen this fast.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
20-07-2017, 10:32 PM
(20-07-2017 09:45 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 09:03 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I wonder who cosigned Trump's loans from them?

Putin.

I don't think that's as farfetched as it may seem because trump's credit rating is probably on par with home network shoppers and the Russian gov. may very well have underwritten loans to trump inc. as part of a real estate development package - loans trump couldn't obtain from more reputable U.S. or international financial firms because he'd already stiffed them. Thus he ran as a candidate still in debt to the Russian government itself. Putin was his co-signer.

Yeah, that was exactly my point. I just prefer to ask the questions and let the readers find their own way to the answers -- it's more interesting that way. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post