The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
21-07-2017, 12:38 AM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(20-07-2017 08:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Apparently Trump was informed, that much to his dismay, Mr. Mueller can indeed have full access to his tax returns. That has resulted in the White House inquiring about the limitations of Presidential Pardon power. Specifically, whether the President can pardon members of his family, his staff, and himself. Dom is right, there is something in those tax returns he is very very scared of. My guess is Mueller has already reviewed his and his whole family's tax returns and Trump is just now realizing this.

Guilty as FUCK. Laugh out load I know you guys have all kinds of arguments over whether impeaching him and getting Pence is better, but watching him fall is going to be the most satisfying thing I've seen in a long while. Dictators and dictator wannabes rarely get taken down. Ooooh this is gonna be good Smile Smile Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
21-07-2017, 01:00 AM
(20-07-2017 10:32 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 09:45 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  Putin.

I don't think that's as farfetched as it may seem because trump's credit rating is probably on par with home network shoppers and the Russian gov. may very well have underwritten loans to trump inc. as part of a real estate development package - loans trump couldn't obtain from more reputable U.S. or international financial firms because he'd already stiffed them. Thus he ran as a candidate still in debt to the Russian government itself. Putin was his co-signer.

Yeah, that was exactly my point. I just prefer to ask the questions and let the readers find their own way to the answers -- it's more interesting that way. Thumbsup

Dodgy That reminds me of too many math classes where "the remainder of this proof is left as an exercise for the student", which involved hours of work, many broken pencils, and a trash can full of paper with lots of scribbles on it. Laugh out load Point taken, though. We have to work through the "math", if we really want to own it.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
21-07-2017, 02:48 AM
https://apple.news/A8csGi6XUQEq5h42PmVMseA

It's either get him in jail or let him be a dictator

He'll just get pardoned. The Republicans won't impeach.

This is incredible
21-07-2017, 06:14 AM
Here is a good piece in Bloomberg with an imbedded video on who Mueller is with a description of what steps Trump may take to remove him as special counsel.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...at-justice

“Now what happens next?” said Senator Richard Durbin, an Illinois Democrat. “Will the president move again to try and dismiss Mr. Mueller, the special counsel? Will he do his best to try and end the investigation of the FBI? Will Attorney General Sessions be complicit if he moves in that direction?

“We don’t know the answers to those questions but I would tell you that we’re on the footsteps, doorstep I should say, of a constitutional crisis in this country.”

Already Trump is asking if he’s allowed to pardon himself...Facepalm

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
21-07-2017, 07:46 AM
Fake news.

"Sources" say Trump is considering pardoning himself and his family and aides.

The administration says it isn't true at all.

Just another story to try to embarrass Trump. No real source. These "journalists" should be Hollywood writers. Comedians.

I just googled "trump pardon himself" and I found 5-6 pages of articles across liberal media telling this insane story like its the most true piece of news in history. Huff Post ran with it. Business Insider. ABC. The Independent. CNN. Slate.

The funny thing is, they all cite the WaPo as their source, and the WaPo cites "people familiar with the effort."

LMFAO.

The media is single handedly going to guarantee the demise of the democratic party. By the end of all of this, the media will need to hit the reset button. Trust in mainstream media is at an all time low, and I've even seen unbiased polls (polls not conducted by mainstream news media outlets) that show that more people believe information from the White House than the media.

It's so bad you can't believe ANYTHING anymore. Every story tries to paint Trump and republicans as bad, democrats as good. And the American people (with the exception of the hardcore lefties that eat it up) are down right sick of it.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
21-07-2017, 07:50 AM
He really fired Comey. He really said it was because of the Russian thing. At this point it's all gravy. Someone needs to man up and arrest the bitch.
21-07-2017, 07:52 AM
(21-07-2017 07:50 AM)ImFred Wrote:  He really fired Comey. He really said it was because of the Russian thing. At this point it's all gravy. Someone needs to man up and arrest the bitch.

Who has the authority to do that? And for what crime?

21-07-2017, 08:27 AM
(21-07-2017 07:46 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Fake news.

"Sources" say Trump is considering pardoning himself and his family and aides.

The administration says it isn't true at all.

Just another story to try to embarrass Trump. No real source. These "journalists" should be Hollywood writers. Comedians.

I just googled "trump pardon himself" and I found 5-6 pages of articles across liberal media telling this insane story like its the most true piece of news in history. Huff Post ran with it. Business Insider. ABC. The Independent. CNN. Slate.

The funny thing is, they all cite the WaPo as their source, and the WaPo cites "people familiar with the effort."

LMFAO.

The media is single handedly going to guarantee the demise of the democratic party. By the end of all of this, the media will need to hit the reset button. Trust in mainstream media is at an all time low, and I've even seen unbiased polls (polls not conducted by mainstream news media outlets) that show that more people believe information from the White House than the media.

It's so bad you can't believe ANYTHING anymore. Every story tries to paint Trump and republicans as bad, democrats as good. And the American people (with the exception of the hardcore lefties that eat it up) are down right sick of it.
Despite point you have ever trusting a negative view of a source denying the idea is never a solid proof or motive to settle that claim is false.

There was also no interactions like Don Jrs. Meeting too... what was denied by the administration, do you still trust that claim by them in that regard?

There's skepticism and the idiocy of just accepting the counter claim ... that's not being skeptical though it's just as blindly dumb and what conspiracy theorists latch onto without considering the doubt of the 1 initial doubt they reach...

How would you come to see religion is such a farse, just accept the first notion when said oh its not true and no further?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
21-07-2017, 08:35 AM
(21-07-2017 07:52 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(21-07-2017 07:50 AM)ImFred Wrote:  He really fired Comey. He really said it was because of the Russian thing. At this point it's all gravy. Someone needs to man up and arrest the bitch.

Who has the authority to do that? And for what crime?

The president has the authority but it's still obstruction of justice and that's against the law. The case is already closed. It's only about having the courage to shutdown a dictatorship at this point.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
21-07-2017, 09:03 AM
(21-07-2017 08:35 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
(21-07-2017 07:52 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Who has the authority to do that? And for what crime?

The president has the authority but it's still obstruction of justice and that's against the law. The case is already closed. It's only about having the courage to shutdown a dictatorship at this point.

Its not obstruction of justice. The president gave his reason for firing Comey. I didn't see anything in the president's official statement that Comey was fired for anything Russia related. However Trump did say the "Russian thing" was on his mind when he fired Comey. But what part of the Russian thing? Trump didn't say. But maybe it was the violation of an order by the head of the executive branch? Trump told Comey to tell the American people what he had told Trump 3 times, that Trump wasn't under investigation. Comey refused.

Refuse your boss, get fired. End of story.

Firing Comey would in no way stop the Russian meddling investigation. Firing Comey would not stop the congressional investigation. Firing Comey in no way benefited Donald Trump. There's no obstruction.