The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
21-07-2017, 09:08 AM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(21-07-2017 09:03 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Firing Comey would in no way stop the Russian meddling investigation. Firing Comey would not stop the congressional investigation. Firing Comey in no way benefited Donald Trump. There's no obstruction.

I think Trump thought it would at least slow down the investigation and possibly put it on hold until he could appoint a new FBI director loyal to him. He showed every sign of having acted impulsively.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
21-07-2017, 09:08 AM
(21-07-2017 07:46 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Fake news.

"Sources" say Trump is considering pardoning himself and his family and aides.

The administration says it isn't true at all.

Just another story to try to embarrass Trump. No real source. These "journalists" should be Hollywood writers. Comedians.

I just googled "trump pardon himself" and I found 5-6 pages of articles across liberal media telling this insane story like its the most true piece of news in history. Huff Post ran with it. Business Insider. ABC. The Independent. CNN. Slate.

The funny thing is, they all cite the WaPo as their source, and the WaPo cites "people familiar with the effort."

LMFAO.

The media is single handedly going to guarantee the demise of the democratic party. By the end of all of this, the media will need to hit the reset button. Trust in mainstream media is at an all time low, and I've even seen unbiased polls (polls not conducted by mainstream news media outlets) that show that more people believe information from the White House than the media.

It's so bad you can't believe ANYTHING anymore. Every story tries to paint Trump and republicans as bad, democrats as good. And the American people (with the exception of the hardcore lefties that eat it up) are down right sick of it.

Partisanship is just as stupid as religion.

You can substitute the name of either party in your post and have exactly what the other side sees.

Just like two gods can't each be the only god, two opposing truths cannot be the only truth.

Hype, hype and more hype, on both sides.

So we are left with looking at facts. And the facts point towards the theory that trump sold the united states to the russians.

Time will tell. Meanwhile we are all well advised to cool it and take everything, and I mean everything, with a grain of salt.

Let cooler heads prevail.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
21-07-2017, 09:20 AM
You don't just wait to see how living under a dictator turns out.
21-07-2017, 09:21 AM
(21-07-2017 07:46 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trust in mainstream media is at an all time low, and I've even seen unbiased polls (polls not conducted by mainstream news media outlets) that show that more people believe information from the White House than the media.

It's a shame you couldn't be bothered to support this contention by linking to those polls so that readers here could decide for themselves rather than having to take your word for it.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
21-07-2017, 09:29 AM
(21-07-2017 09:08 AM)Dom Wrote:  Time will tell. Meanwhile we are all well advised to cool it and take everything, and I mean everything, with a grain of salt.

Or stop watching/reading the news. If I took everything with a grain of salt, I would be over my daily sodium limit by about 8 AM. Yes

I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best.
The Doctor
[+] 2 users Like Rockblossom's post
21-07-2017, 09:33 AM
(21-07-2017 09:29 AM)Rockblossom Wrote:  
(21-07-2017 09:08 AM)Dom Wrote:  Time will tell. Meanwhile we are all well advised to cool it and take everything, and I mean everything, with a grain of salt.

Or stop watching/reading the news. If I took everything with a grain of salt, I would be over my daily sodium limit by about 8 AM. Yes

Oh dear, so that's what's wrong with me! Tongue

Actually, that is probably good advice. The news has become like a soap opera - meandering plot, lots of characters and lots of drama with the occasional heart warming moment.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
21-07-2017, 09:34 AM
(21-07-2017 09:20 AM)ImFred Wrote:  You don't just wait to see how living under a dictator turns out.

I didn't know you were activist. Are you running for office?

21-07-2017, 09:39 AM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2017 09:53 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(21-07-2017 09:21 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(21-07-2017 07:46 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trust in mainstream media is at an all time low, and I've even seen unbiased polls (polls not conducted by mainstream news media outlets) that show that more people believe information from the White House than the media.

It's a shame you couldn't be bothered to support this contention by linking to those polls so that readers here could decide for themselves rather than having to take your word for it.

https://morningconsult.com/2017/04/28/po...americans/

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/03/poll-p...han-media/

The NPR/PBS poll is particularly interesting, as it shows independent voters are more similar to republicans in not trusting the media. Could this swing more independent voters to republicans in elections? The majority of democrats love the media, which only proves the media is pandering. But this proves what I've been saying for months. The constant anti-Republican theme from the media is turning off the majority of Americans. My theory is that it will hurt the democrats in elections.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
21-07-2017, 09:46 AM
(21-07-2017 09:34 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(21-07-2017 09:20 AM)ImFred Wrote:  You don't just wait to see how living under a dictator turns out.

I didn't know you were activist. Are you running for office?

Yep. I'm running a write on campaign for every election everywhere. Just scribble I'mFred on the ballot the next time you fulfill your sacred civic duty.
21-07-2017, 10:20 AM
lol @ Spicer using Anthony Scaramucci as excuse to run

beats Rikers!