The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
21-07-2017, 10:22 AM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(21-07-2017 09:03 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Refuse your boss, get fired. End of story.

When I was in the Navy I was taught not to obey dislawful orders. The Eichmann defense didn't work for Eichmann, it sure as fuck won't work for me. I am also trained as a civil servant not to follow unethical or dislawful instructions but to report them to the IG. You on the other hand, you're a good little lackey.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-07-2017, 10:24 AM
(21-07-2017 07:46 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I've even seen unbiased polls (polls not conducted by mainstream news media outlets) that show that more people believe information from the White House than the media.

Fake news.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-07-2017, 10:26 AM
I'd rather lose my job than my balls.
[+] 3 users Like I'mFred's post
21-07-2017, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2017 10:32 AM by GirlyMan.)
(21-07-2017 01:00 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Dodgy That reminds me of too many math classes where "the remainder of this proof is left as an exercise for the student", which involved hours of work, many broken pencils, and a trash can full of paper with lots of scribbles on it. Laugh out load Point taken, though. We have to work through the "math", if we really want to own it.

I remember a comment one of my instructors put on my mathematical logic exam proofs, "A comedy of errors leading to the truth." That stuck with me. It's a valuable life lesson.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-07-2017, 11:30 AM
(21-07-2017 09:03 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(21-07-2017 08:35 AM)ImFred Wrote:  The president has the authority but it's still obstruction of justice and that's against the law. The case is already closed. It's only about having the courage to shutdown a dictatorship at this point.

Refuse your boss, get fired. End of story.

You say that yet don't trust why news stories need to rely on having to say, sources? ...that's why anommonitiy matters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
21-07-2017, 11:39 AM
(21-07-2017 09:39 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(21-07-2017 09:21 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  It's a shame you couldn't be bothered to support this contention by linking to those polls so that readers here could decide for themselves rather than having to take your word for it.

https://morningconsult.com/2017/04/28/po...americans/

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/03/poll-p...han-media/

The NPR/PBS poll is particularly interesting, as it shows independent voters are more similar to republicans in not trusting the media. Could this swing more independent voters to republicans in elections? The majority of democrats love the media, which only proves the media is pandering. But this proves what I've been saying for months. The constant anti-Republican theme from the media is turning off the majority of Americans. My theory is that it will hurt the democrats in elections.

From your first link:

Quote:Partisanship was the main determining factor on how Americans felt about the state of national political reporting and analysis, with Republicans expressing much stronger misgivings about the media than Democrats.

Republicans (67 percent) were almost twice as likely as Democrats (36 percent) to say the media was out of touch with everyday Americans. Almost three-quarters (72 percent) of Republicans also said they trust the White House more to tell the truth, compared with 54 percent of Democrats who backed the media. Only 34 percent of Republicans said they trusted the media to cover the Trump administration fairly, while Democrats (57 percent) were considerably more trusting of the national news. And 75 percent of Republicans said the media put Trump under the microscope more than other administrations, compared with just 27 percent of Democrats.

And this was in the links of your second source:

Quote:Natalia Veselnitskaya, the Russian lawyer who met last June with Donald Trump Jr., has represented Russia’s domestic spy agency, the FSB, according to court documents reviewed by Reuters.

Veselnitskaya successfully represented FSB in property disputes in Moscow from 2005 to 2013, Reuters reports.

While there is no indication that Veselnitskaya is an employee of the Russian government, her past work for FSB, the successor to the Soviet KGB, is sure to stoke the interest of federal and congressional investigators looking into the June 9, 2016, Trump Tower meeting.

Veselnitskaya was described as a “Russian government attorney” in a June 3, 2016, email sent to Trump Jr. offering up the Trump Tower meeting.

Rob Goldstone, a music publicist who knew Trump Jr., said that the lawyer wanted to provide derogatory information about Hillary Clinton. In the email, he said that the information originated with Russia’s “Crown Prosecutor,” an apparent reference to Yury Chaika, the chief prosecutor.

Is this fake news? It's from your own trusted source.

BTW, thanks for getting back to me on the sourcing. I appreciate you taking the time to do so.
21-07-2017, 11:46 AM
(21-07-2017 11:39 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(21-07-2017 09:39 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  https://morningconsult.com/2017/04/28/po...americans/

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/03/poll-p...han-media/

The NPR/PBS poll is particularly interesting, as it shows independent voters are more similar to republicans in not trusting the media. Could this swing more independent voters to republicans in elections? The majority of democrats love the media, which only proves the media is pandering. But this proves what I've been saying for months. The constant anti-Republican theme from the media is turning off the majority of Americans. My theory is that it will hurt the democrats in elections.

From your first link:

Quote:Partisanship was the main determining factor on how Americans felt about the state of national political reporting and analysis, with Republicans expressing much stronger misgivings about the media than Democrats.

Republicans (67 percent) were almost twice as likely as Democrats (36 percent) to say the media was out of touch with everyday Americans. Almost three-quarters (72 percent) of Republicans also said they trust the White House more to tell the truth, compared with 54 percent of Democrats who backed the media. Only 34 percent of Republicans said they trusted the media to cover the Trump administration fairly, while Democrats (57 percent) were considerably more trusting of the national news. And 75 percent of Republicans said the media put Trump under the microscope more than other administrations, compared with just 27 percent of Democrats.

Quote:Natalia Veselnitskaya, the Russian lawyer who met last June with Donald Trump Jr., has represented Russia’s domestic spy agency, the FSB, according to court documents reviewed by Reuters.

Veselnitskaya successfully represented FSB in property disputes in Moscow from 2005 to 2013, Reuters reports.

While there is no indication that Veselnitskaya is an employee of the Russian government, her past work for FSB, the successor to the Soviet KGB, is sure to stoke the interest of federal and congressional investigators looking into the June 9, 2016, Trump Tower meeting.

Veselnitskaya was described as a “Russian government attorney” in a June 3, 2016, email sent to Trump Jr. offering up the Trump Tower meeting.

Rob Goldstone, a music publicist who knew Trump Jr., said that the lawyer wanted to provide derogatory information about Hillary Clinton. In the email, he said that the information originated with Russia’s “Crown Prosecutor,” an apparent reference to Yury Chaika, the chief prosecutor.

BTW, thanks for getting back to me on the sourcing. I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

The point being, no she wasn't a Russian government employee (the lawyer). Just as the British spy was no longer a British government employee. Perhaps the information they both received ORIGINATED from Russia/British governments. And if that's a crime, that would make both the DNC and the Trump campaign guilty. But the way I understand it is, its no different than the media obtaining the same documents and releasing them. Free speech rights. They need DIRECT contact with a foreign government for a violation.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
21-07-2017, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2017 02:31 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(21-07-2017 11:46 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(21-07-2017 11:39 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  From your first link:

The point being, no she wasn't a Russian government employee (the lawyer). Just as the British spy was no longer a British government employee. Perhaps the information they both received ORIGINATED from Russia/British governments. And if that's a crime, that would make both the DNC and the Trump campaign guilty. But the way I understand it is, its no different than the media obtaining the same documents and releasing them. Free speech rights. They need DIRECT contact with a foreign government for a violation.

We'll have to see whether or not the former agent is not so "former." No doubt that will be an area of Mueller's focus.
21-07-2017, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2017 03:06 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-07-2017 02:27 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  We'll have to see whether or not the former agent is not so "former."

There are no former KGB agents. There are only alive and dead FSB. To think otherwise is to be an idiot easily duped into being an unwitting participant to treason against your country. Like father, like son. This is Donnyboy's pee tape. That's who LDH wants running the USA. 'Cause he's also easily duped.

#sigh
21-07-2017, 02:58 PM
(21-07-2017 07:46 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Fake news.

"Sources" say Trump is considering pardoning himself and his family and aides.

The administration says it isn't true at all.

The administration has zero credibility, why you would even consider anything they say as factual is beyond me at this point.

The Onion is more trustworthy imo. Laugh out load

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post