The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-07-2017, 08:03 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(23-07-2017 06:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 06:14 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I'm think Comey is going to go to jail and Chump is going to pardon himself.

If he trys, it will go the the Supreme Court.
There is no precedent for it.
In effect, it would mean the president can do anything, and be above the law.
It will never fly.

Nobody even doubts that he could actually try to do it. That is how low this office has sunk since January 20th.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like tomilay's post
23-07-2017, 08:04 PM
(23-07-2017 08:03 PM)tomilay Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 06:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If he trys, it will go the the Supreme Court.
There is no precedent for it.
In effect, it would mean the president can do anything, and be above the law.
It will never fly.

Nobody even doubts that he could actually try to do it. That is how low this office has sunk since January 20th.

I hope he does.
Then SCOTUS tosses it. Then he's prosecuted and the pardon used as evidence of his guilt.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-07-2017, 08:13 PM
(23-07-2017 08:02 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 07:29 PM)ImFred Wrote:  None. He's going to be prosecuted for leaking classified information nonetheless.

What he disclosed was not classified.
Countless ex-officials have reported in their books, their interactions with other officials and presidents.

Truth is irrelevant at this point.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
23-07-2017, 09:40 PM
(23-07-2017 08:13 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 08:02 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What he disclosed was not classified.
Countless ex-officials have reported in their books, their interactions with other officials and presidents.

Truth is irrelevant at this point.

Nope.
The legal system is intact, as are the rest of our transparent institutions.
A few months or a few years of the shit gibbon as president will change nothing, (except make people long for the days when the White House was not full of liars, ass-kissers, and crooks.)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-07-2017, 10:17 PM
(23-07-2017 09:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 08:13 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Truth is irrelevant at this point.

Nope.
A few months or a few years of the shit gibbon as president will change nothing, (except make people long for the days when the White House was not full of liars, ass-kissers, and crooks.)

...and nepots. What a Confederacy of Dunces has been placed in power!
23-07-2017, 11:17 PM
(23-07-2017 09:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 08:13 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Truth is irrelevant at this point.

Nope.

I disagree. He's done unimaginable damage to the institutions of government. He's introduced the cancer of populism back into the political debate. Democracy is fundamentally based on trust in public institutions and the assumption that politicians of all stripes will put the interests of state ahead of their personal interests. Once that public trust is eroded and politicians start using their offices to settle scores and for short term political gain, that rot is very hard to reverse. Even if the originator of the rot disappears, he won't be the last populist right wing violence-monger that you guys see.

I've just watched the series on the brothers Gracchi on extra history. The parallels are eerie. And that democracy did not survive.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
24-07-2017, 06:07 PM
Good God. No wonder Trump wants this shit shut down. Here's what happened.

Russian hackers (don't matter if they were working for the Russian government or not because they sure as shit are now. That's a hell of a resume bullet.) hacked info from the DNC damaging to the Margaret Thatcher wannabe. (They no doubt also hacked the RNC and got shit even more damaging on dude that likes to be peed on. That's why they decided to help him in instead of her. Clever, actually.)

Now how to go about selectively releasing this information while still maintaining plausible deniability for Mother Russia? Consider Why not see if we can get the pussy grabber to do it for us? Gives us plausible deniability and we get even worse dirt on the dirty old man if he wins and if he loses we still tarnish the mean old cat lady.

Turns out Russian money launderer dude at the meeting made some $300 million deal with the Judenrat in 2015. Let's see if Jarod will do it, we already got that shady $300 million dollar deal which involved the Deutschebanke on him.

Russian agents get Russian money launderer dude to indirectly set up meeting with Dump Jr. so if shit goes south we can pin it on the clueless one.

Leaked info gets to Russian lady spy pretending to be abortion advocate lawyer who contacts wannabe Russian pop star son of rich Russian oligarch, who contacts his big fat goofy shady as shit agent, who contacts the clueless mark on behalf of his client (stay with me here, that's the son of the rich oligarch who Don Jr met at the Miss Universe pageant in Moscow his rich oligarch father and Trump ran) to take this meeting with this lady who just happened to have highly classified Russian dirt on Hillbillary. Trump Jr goes GREAT! LET's DO THIS! Russian spy lady accidentally forgets the super double secret dirt on the table when they decide that the most profitable thing to do is harvest the Russian orphan babies for stem cells and organs and conclude the meeting. Kushner grabs the folder and says he'll get it back to her. Phase 1 complete. Info's out of Russian hands and Mother Russia's got plausible deniability.

Phase 2. Don Jr is now cut completely out of the loop. As far as he's concerned it was some harmless business meeting about harvesting baby organs for fun and profit to amounted to just so much hoohah when it came to dirt on Hillary. Clever. The fall guy should never realize he's the fall gut until it's too late. Now how to get it out while still giving team Trump plausible deniability? Kushner contacts Roger Stone 'cause they're both Judenrat, Stone contacts Assange with both the sample tease info and a direct link to the (possibly not yet then) Russian spy hackers through the infamous Guccifer to give Assange plausible deniability that the Russian government wasn't involved. Phase 2 complete.

Phase 3. The Trump team is now cut completely out of the loop to minimize exposure and maintain plausible deniability. With the connection between (probably by now if they weren't before Russian spy) hackers and WikiPee through Goosyfur (who I'm guessing has been vaporized by now). Mission accomplished. Let the leaks begin.

And that, ladies and gentleman, is how you motherfucking obtain leverage over the motherfucking President of the motherfucking United States.

Donald Trump Jr. should've read a John le Carre novel instead of doing whatever it is he does. Then he wouldn't be the fall guy.

#sigh
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-07-2017, 07:26 PM
It sure seems he was a minnow swimming with sharks.
25-07-2017, 09:06 AM
(23-07-2017 11:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  I disagree. He's done unimaginable damage to the institutions of government. He's introduced the cancer of populism back into the political debate. Democracy is fundamentally based on trust in public institutions and the assumption that politicians of all stripes will put the interests of state ahead of their personal interests. Once that public trust is eroded and politicians start using their offices to settle scores and for short term political gain, that rot is very hard to reverse. Even if the originator of the rot disappears, he won't be the last populist right wing violence-monger that you guys see.

This post strikes at the heart of some of my own fears as well ...from just isolated dropping of propaganda to targeted demographics all the way to direct hacking of voting machines: when the entire system hinges on "trust in the system" (sort of in the sense that the economy is driven by public perception of the dollars rather than the actual dollars), and that trust is removed ...what happens? I'm left to wonder even if widespread fraud on any level were actually discovered, would it truly even be that great of an idea for it to be revealed? At this point, reversal seems pretty far-fetched unless you could find a way for the ones in charge to make a buck off it. /jaded rant
[+] 1 user Likes Grauwyler's post
28-07-2017, 03:06 PM
Did I just hear that Reince Prebus was fired? I just woke up from a nap. Can't decide if I'm in the real world or still asleep. Oy.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.