The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
18-02-2017, 03:46 AM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
Is "raging cunt" still on the table? 'Cause I'm going with that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
18-02-2017, 09:32 AM
(17-02-2017 10:28 PM)mordant Wrote:  
(17-02-2017 08:14 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  This seems well within the bounds of reason.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/trumps-b...se-doctor/

Until proven though I'll stick with batshit crazy.
I think malignant narcissism / NPD combined with sociopathy is enough to explain his behavior, which appears to have been pretty consistent throughout his life. This is not a new development. He has always lacked empathy or any sense of responsibility or shame, and been full of entitlement / grandiosity and a fabulist.

He could of course have STDs, including undiagnosed tertiary syphilis given his admitted sexual behavior, but such things aren't needed to explain his conduct either.

I'm not sure if Malignant Narcissism is a mental illness though, I thought it was more of a personality disorder. I could be very wrong but I thought personality disorders aren't true mental illnesses. It's sort of a gray area. My sister has Paranoid Personality Disorder. Her son, the psychologist diagnosed her. She's a difficult person, she hasn't spoken to me in 8 years so I don't have to deal with her anymore. Too bad Trump doesn't go away and not speak to anyone. We would all be thankful.

Here's a list of personality disorders from the Mayo Clinic, Narcissism being one of them:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-condi...c-20247656

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
18-02-2017, 09:44 AM
Right now it's a race between having him removed from office and hopefully executed for treason for Russia-gate and him getting a large scale war under way. If KGB Agent Orange can get a real war brewed up we lose. He might even twist it up and use the momentum from the other side to start a war with Russia.
18-02-2017, 09:57 AM
(18-02-2017 09:32 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(17-02-2017 10:28 PM)mordant Wrote:  I think malignant narcissism / NPD combined with sociopathy is enough to explain his behavior, which appears to have been pretty consistent throughout his life. This is not a new development. He has always lacked empathy or any sense of responsibility or shame, and been full of entitlement / grandiosity and a fabulist.

He could of course have STDs, including undiagnosed tertiary syphilis given his admitted sexual behavior, but such things aren't needed to explain his conduct either.

I'm not sure if Malignant Narcissism is a mental illness though, I thought it was more of a personality disorder. I could be very wrong but I thought personality disorders aren't true mental illnesses. It's sort of a gray area. My sister has Paranoid Personality Disorder. Her son, the psychologist diagnosed her. She's a difficult person, she hasn't spoken to me in 8 years so I don't have to deal with her anymore. Too bad Trump doesn't go away and not speak to anyone. We would all be thankful.

Here's a list of personality disorders from the Mayo Clinic, Narcissism being one of them:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-condi...c-20247656

Malignant narcissism is not the same as narcissistic personality disorder.

Malignancy carries it to a different level - the affected person is obsessed with setting the record "straight" when something threatens their perfect self image - and they are vengeful. They are delusional. They are one step away from psychopaths. They are dangerous.

Narcissistic personality disorder on it's own isn't dangerous to anyone. Annoying but harmless.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
19-02-2017, 01:53 PM
(18-02-2017 09:57 AM)Dom Wrote:  Malignancy carries it to a different level - the affected person is obsessed with setting the record "straight" when something threatens their perfect self image - and they are vengeful. They are delusional. They are one step away from psychopaths. They are dangerous.

Indeed. Which is why journalists doing their jobs - reporting what the US president actually says - are targetted. Because anyone who points out the obvious fact that he's a delusional buffoon who shouldn't be trusted to boil an egg is threatening that self-image.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
20-02-2017, 03:45 AM
This is an excerpt from a subscription-only site here in Australia (can't supply link, sorry).

Not so Fast on the 'Deep State v Trump' Stuff
Bernard Keane, senior political analyst, 20 Feb 17.

If nothing else, the Trump debacle has introduced a lot of people to the idea of the "deep state". Comparisons with rotten states like Egypt and Pakistan are being made, questions are being asked about the role of US security agencies in leaking against the Trump administration and particularly in the ousting of blink-and-you’ll-miss-him National Security Adviser Mike Flynn, and concerns being expressed that security agencies are working against a democratically elected government, whether you like that government or not. The term "coup" is even being used...

The core idea is that non-elected, secretive intelligence and security officials, a permanent and unaccountable part of the ruling class, resent Trump’s disruption, his enthusiasm for rapprochement with the Russian kleptocrat Putin and his determination to work around them rather than be guided by them. One pro-Russia commentator went so far as to suggest the campaign against Trump was being waged by the military-industrial complex that fears better relations with Russia...

The "deep state" thesis about Trump overlooks that his "government" is a shambles and divided between GOP loyalists and Trump’s own weird crew of ideological fringe dwellers like Steve Bannon and Steve Miller. Coupled with the near-complete lack of government experience of many of Trump’s appointees, such an administration was always going to be a rich source for leaks, and that has proven to be the case: many of the leaks hurting Trump are from his own people within the White House, not security agencies. It’s Trump’s own hand-picked personnel leaking against him, not Obama-ite sleeper agents in the NSA or disgruntled security establishment hands resentful of being out of the loop.

Gasp

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
20-02-2017, 06:59 AM
He doesn't have much in the way of filters. Anyone working in the white house will end up being exposed to the real trump. Many will leak.....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
20-02-2017, 12:12 PM
If there is a basis for impeachment of my President Trump then what are they waiting for?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
20-02-2017, 12:13 PM
(20-02-2017 12:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  If there is a basis for impeachment of my President Trump then what are they waiting for?

Because there's not. Yet. There's thousands of Woodward and Bernstein's looking to make a name though. And Congress will be embarrassed once again they find it first.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-02-2017, 12:13 PM
Now the left knows how we felt for the last 8 years.
I am glad that the left can be in our shoe for a while.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED