The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
29-07-2017, 05:56 AM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
We don't have to look so far back in history for examples either. Plenty of examples of terrible governance in the present day. The eerie thing about watching that video series for me was how it could have been word for word politics in the present day.

The interesting thing about both brothers Gracchi for me was that they weren't totally in it for self-interest. In the present, they would be examples of far-left politicians (albeit with Ivy league backgrounds). They were able men, not incompetents. Not totally the same as Trump in other words. Their terrible crime was in bringing down the state to further their goals - using the power of the mob to rule. Political intimidation instead of honest debate.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
29-07-2017, 06:05 AM
(29-07-2017 05:56 AM)morondog Wrote:  In the present, they would be examples of far-left politicians (albeit with Ivy league backgrounds).

Think of the tea party financiers. Mob rule can swing left or right. Inciting people they wouldn't even wipe their asses with, is an often used instrument of powerful and wealthy people.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like abaris's post
29-07-2017, 06:31 AM
(29-07-2017 06:05 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 05:56 AM)morondog Wrote:  In the present, they would be examples of far-left politicians (albeit with Ivy league backgrounds).

Think of the tea party financiers. Mob rule can swing left or right. Inciting people they wouldn't even wipe their asses with, is an often used instrument of powerful and wealthy people.

Sure, but I think that unlike Dear Leader, they actually believed in what they were doing.

Anyway, another observation. Just noticed LDH's opinion of Spicey has swung from massively in favour to massively against. Shades of 1984 doublethink.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-07-2017, 07:17 AM
(28-07-2017 08:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-07-2017 08:23 PM)julep Wrote:  Yeah, that was bad. Today, though, he was worse, making a speech where he chides the police for not being brutal enough.

Actually it is far worse than that. He's the chief law enforcer per the Constitution. He was actually encouraging them to assault their suspects, and break the law (who are innocent until proven guilty). His ignorance of his role and the US system is SO profound, it's mind-boggling.

This is common in law enforcement. Many a suspect will "accidentally" hit their head on the vehicle while being placed inside. Especially if they fought, or ran, or beat their wife. I once saw a guy "accidentally" hit his head 3 times after he called a black officer a n****r and spit on him. Another guy that raped his step kid (the poor kid had terrible rectal bleeding) "accidentally" fell down a flight of stairs. Stupid ass tried to run while in handcuffs. I'm sure it was also an "accident" that the booking officer said out loud what he was arrested for in front of other inmates at central booking.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
29-07-2017, 07:48 AM
(29-07-2017 07:17 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(28-07-2017 08:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Actually it is far worse than that. He's the chief law enforcer per the Constitution. He was actually encouraging them to assault their suspects, and break the law (who are innocent until proven guilty). His ignorance of his role and the US system is SO profound, it's mind-boggling.

This is common in law enforcement. Many a suspect will "accidentally" hit their head on the vehicle while being placed inside. Especially if they fought, or ran, or beat their wife. I once saw a guy "accidentally" hit his head 3 times after he called a black officer a n****r and spit on him. Another guy that raped his step kid (the poor kid had terrible rectal bleeding) "accidentally" fell down a flight of stairs. Stupid ass tried to run while in handcuffs. I'm sure it was also an "accident" that the booking officer said out loud what he was arrested for in front of other inmates at central booking.

Police officers are not judges. We do live in a society of law. Law enforcement and the judicial have to follow the law like everybody else.

Citing a few stories that will make some say: "Serves them right" doesn't make unlawful behavior ok.

So what do you have to say about your flip flop regarding Spicer? You become less and less reasoned as we go...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 6 users Like Dom's post
29-07-2017, 07:51 AM
(29-07-2017 07:48 AM)Dom Wrote:  ... You become less and less reasoned as we go...

A serious case of Trumpitis. Drinking Beverage

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-07-2017, 07:54 AM
(28-07-2017 08:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Actually it is far worse than that. He's the chief law enforcer per the Constitution. He was actually encouraging them to assault their suspects, and break the law (who are innocent until proven guilty). His ignorance of his role and the US system is SO profound, it's mind-boggling.

Your approval of breaking the rules as long as it's regarding people you don't like is noted. And despicable.
[+] 10 users Like julep's post
29-07-2017, 08:05 AM
(29-07-2017 03:38 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  ...
Do you really think that the American electorate has the same level of civic virtue that allowed the Romans to utilize temporary Dictatorships dozens and dozens of times over centuries? For such a system could only work within a strong framework where civic responsibility was paramount, and where the maintenance of that civil decorum was sacrosanct. Once violent populism shattered that decorum, it was never the same again; some genies can never be put back in their bottles. In many ways it opened the door for Rome's first de facto supreme leader in Julius Caesar, and subsequently the subsuming of the Roman Republic into the Roman Empire.

Actually, something like that already exists.

In a business context it's referred to as BCM (Business Continuity Management) and if/when the BCM plan is invoked the leadership steps back until things are Back-To-Normal (even though it's often a different normal than before) leaving the Business Continuity Manager in charge for the duration of the emergency.

Countries / states / nations have similar plans - a state of emergency is declared and the rules change.

Even TTA did this a while ago when Stark stepped in and annulled the senate. Angel And then he stepped down.

Of course the leader does not always step down after things settle - I'm thinking of Lee Kuan Yew; and in Pakistan for example, a military coup is the clumsy way of doing it.

So what is the BCM in the US? FEMA.

Which is nice.

(29-07-2017 05:36 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  ...
Maybe this is where the US is at now too: goal is not to deal with the other side but to completely crush it, no matter the cost, even if the cost is the destruction of the republic.

Chuck Schumer's display of magnanimity (if genuine) might be an attempt to reverse that. From 6:13.

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
29-07-2017, 09:50 AM
(28-07-2017 08:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Actually it is far worse than that. He's the chief law enforcer per the Constitution. He was actually encouraging them to assault their suspects, and break the law (who are innocent until proven guilty).
I once saw a guy "accidentally" hit his head 3 times after he called a black officer a n****r and spit on him. A

So what you're saying is that you were as shitty a cop as you are a person.

#sigh
[+] 8 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-07-2017, 10:07 AM
(29-07-2017 09:50 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 07:17 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I once saw a guy "accidentally" hit his head 3 times after he called a black officer a n****r and spit on him. A

So what you're saying is that you were as shitty a cop as you are a person.

I give no shit about criminals. Zero. Druggy low life scum do not deserve respect if they don't treat people with respect. I also don't give a shit about gang bangers, thugs, child molesters, rapists, murderers, drug dealers etc. Doesn't bother me a bit if they get roughed up. In my opinion there should be a minimum 20 year sentence on any felony. 2nd offense life in prison. 3rd offense electric chair. Society is better off without scum.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]