The Trump Impeachment Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
29-07-2017, 12:46 PM
RE: The Trump Impeachment Thread
(29-07-2017 12:39 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I think the most 'American' thing we can do is think for ourselves. We aren't ruled by an authoritarian figure, we elect a president and representatives. We should absolutely be questioning them and their motives for the rules that govern us, regardless of ones political affiliation.

I do wonder if this is part and parcel of being a career (police, military, etc.) that demands loyalty and obedience to a leader. You are taught not to ask too any questions, not really to think for yourself.

Or perhaps some of us agree with the Republican agenda? Trump and republicans were sent to do a job. They were given a majority in congress for a reason. Repeal Obamacare. Build a wall. Stop Muslim immigration. Get tough on crime. Destroy ISIS. Trump is doing what he can (appointing Mattis as SecDef and Gorsich to Supreme Court) but its up to republicans in congress to write legislation. With the senate rules the way they are (60 votes needed for legislation) nothing will get done with a 52-48 split. Trump is right. They need to change the rule to 51 votes to pass legislation. Since we've become a divided nation, its unlikely congress will agree on any agenda so the 60 vote rule needs to go.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2017, 12:51 PM
take ACA out of the equation.

Do you really think insurance as it stands now is working? Do you have insurance through your employer?

Before ACA, insurance premiums have been climbing. Deductibles climbing, ER bills so high they can land you in bankruptcy.
If you lose your job, COBRA is a damn joke.

You think it's okay that people have to beg for money online to pay for their child's cancer treatment?

Health Insurance company CEOs making 20+ million a year while denying a treatment or a therapy for people paying 1,000 + a month for health insurance?

The insurance system is so broken. It is profit-driven, not people-driven.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
29-07-2017, 12:52 PM
(29-07-2017 12:19 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 12:11 PM)morondog Wrote:  You *are* a fucking idiot, and your so-called "truth" is about as true as Trump's inauguration crowd size Smile Have a shitty day, you pathetic swine.

Here's some truth for you.

Trump is president. As I predicted.
Congress is still controlled by republicans. As I predicted.
Trump put a conservative on the supreme court. As I predicted.
The ACA is failing miserably. As I predicted.
Liberals can't stop crying. As I predicted.

Here's some more truth.
Republicans will win even more in the midterms.
Democrats will cry some more.

Trump is.....the most unpopular president at this stage of his term...EVER

Congress is still controlled by republicans......True, but talk to me in 2018.

Congress put a conservative on the supreme court.......True. I Hope you don't mind religion being shoved down your throat or are you going to convert so you can make it all work in your head.

The ACA is failing miserably. .......Did you NOT watch the news yesterday? What planet are you living on? And this is one of the reasons people shit on you on this forum. Gigantic willful, blind incredulity

Liberals can't stop crying........Yesterday, smiles were seen on every democrat in the house. More blind stupidity on your part and ridiculous, over the top claims.

Also...

Midterm has a long history of change. The president's political party almost always loses seats - on average about 30 or so - in midterm elections. His pole numbers are the lowest of any president at 6 month (the usual honeymoon period) since poling began. There's a whole lot of very angry voters who hate trump and angry voters go to the poles and vote.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
29-07-2017, 12:58 PM
(29-07-2017 12:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  http://www.factcheck.org/2017/03/gops-ob...premature/
If Republicans had ONE VALID idea about how to fix anything, it would have been proposed.
7 years of claiming it's failing, and not ONE fix.

According to your source, LDH is correct one one point. The ACA, while a mild success at the national level, is a failure in his State. In fact, most of the States in which the ACA is in serious trouble are ''Red States'' where rurality is more prevalent at a few exception.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
29-07-2017, 01:01 PM
(29-07-2017 12:46 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 12:39 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I think the most 'American' thing we can do is think for ourselves. We aren't ruled by an authoritarian figure, we elect a president and representatives. We should absolutely be questioning them and their motives for the rules that govern us, regardless of ones political affiliation.

I do wonder if this is part and parcel of being a career (police, military, etc.) that demands loyalty and obedience to a leader. You are taught not to ask too any questions, not really to think for yourself.

Or perhaps some of us agree with the Republican agenda? Trump and republicans were sent to do a job. They were given a majority in congress for a reason. Repeal Obamacare. Build a wall. Stop Muslim immigration. Get tough on crime. Destroy ISIS. Trump is doing what he can (appointing Mattis as SecDef and Gorsich to Supreme Court) but its up to republicans in congress to write legislation. With the senate rules the way they are (60 votes needed for legislation) nothing will get done with a 52-48 split. Trump is right. They need to change the rule to 51 votes to pass legislation. Since we've become a divided nation, its unlikely congress will agree on any agenda so the 60 vote rule needs to go.

You seem to forget, Republicans were the deciding votes against repeal. There is no consensus. There is no Conservative Party left. Trump is insuring that any conservative movement is blown apart. The leading spokesman (George Will) HATES Trump. Trump is not a Republican. He is not a conservative. He doesn't know anything ... except $$$$ for him. He didn't even know the difference between Medicare and Medicaid. In fact he PROMISED his supporters not to cut Medicaid. He is not about keeping his promises, and doing what he was sent to do.
http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/20...-medicaid/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
29-07-2017, 01:02 PM
(29-07-2017 07:17 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(28-07-2017 08:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Actually it is far worse than that. He's the chief law enforcer per the Constitution. He was actually encouraging them to assault their suspects, and break the law (who are innocent until proven guilty). His ignorance of his role and the US system is SO profound, it's mind-boggling.

This is common in law enforcement. Many a suspect will "accidentally" hit their head on the vehicle while being placed inside. Especially if they fought, or ran, or beat their wife. I once saw a guy "accidentally" hit his head 3 times after he called a black officer a n****r and spit on him. Another guy that raped his step kid (the poor kid had terrible rectal bleeding) "accidentally" fell down a flight of stairs. Stupid ass tried to run while in handcuffs. I'm sure it was also an "accident" that the booking officer said out loud what he was arrested for in front of other inmates at central booking.

So what you're saying is that you've witnessed crimes and didn't report them, even though that was your job. If you ever wonder why citizens don't trust police, just go look in the mirror.

I'll take "The Blue Shield" for a Daily Double, Alex.
[+] 12 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
29-07-2017, 01:05 PM
(29-07-2017 12:58 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 12:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  http://www.factcheck.org/2017/03/gops-ob...premature/
If Republicans had ONE VALID idea about how to fix anything, it would have been proposed.
7 years of claiming it's failing, and not ONE fix.

According to your source, LDH is correct one one point. The ACA, while a mild success at the national level, is a failure in his State. In fact, most of the States in which the ACA is in serious trouble are ''Red States'' where rurality is more prevalent at a few exception.

The republicans in the "Red States" wanted to make sure it was a failure so they incured various regulations on it. I'm in a Blue State and the ACA is working well. My daughter's on ACA and loves it.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
29-07-2017, 01:08 PM
(29-07-2017 01:05 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  My daughter's on ACA and loves it.

Do you by any chance know her premiums? I'm curious how the system compares to European health insurances in terms of money.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
29-07-2017, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2017 01:26 PM by Bucky Ball.)
I'm crying Dork Lord. Crying laughing. I for one am very very pleased. Not in my wildest dreams, could I have imagined that your boy Trump could have shown himself SO FAST to be the total idiot he is, and done all the stupid things he has, or been SO unpresidential. The Boy Scouts had to apologize for him, the Chief in NY had to remind his officers they were not to listen to him about suspect treatment. Every day is a new disaster. So, if you want to think it's crying you're hearing, it's might be, but only because we're laughing so hard at the stupidity of the Republicans, we're crying laughing. Please tell your people to keep up the GREAT job they're doing. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
29-07-2017, 01:33 PM
(29-07-2017 01:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No one is "crying" Dork Lord. I for one an=m very very pleased. Not in my wildest dreams, could I have imagined that your boy Trump could have shown himself to be the total idiot he is, and done all the stupid things he has, or been SO unpresidential. The Boy Scouts had to apologize for him, the Chief in NY had to remind his officers they were not to listen to him about suspect treatment. So, if you want to think is crying you're hearing, it's might be, but only because we're laughing so hard at the stupidity of the Republicans, we're crying laughing. Please tell your people to keep up the GREAT job they're doing. Thumbsup

Only far left loons think there's a problem with TRUMP. Phony opinion polls where 70% of those polled are democrats give Trump bad poll numbers. If you want to know how Americans feel about Trump, republicans and democrats, don't look to polls. Just look at the money flowing into the midterm campaigns and the parties themselves. Democrats are broke. Since 2000, the candidate that spends the most money wins 93% of the time in house races and 83% of the time in senate races. https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2012/01...ways-wins/

People are donating to republicans at nearly a 3 to 1 ratio. Democrats are at their lowest in terms of donations in 20 years.

Far lefties see anything Trump does as wrong. The rest of us go "yeah he's right, lets donate more money."

If Trump really had such a low approval rating, the DNC and democrat candidates should be breaking money records. Well they are, just in the wrong direction.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]