The Truth About Conspiracy Theories.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2012, 04:35 AM
RE: The Truth About Conspiracy Theories.
(21-09-2012 03:40 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I merely asked a question, the nature of it is neutral, and yet you lash out at me, with no reason.

Your assumption of my being "...so full of myself." is without basis. And yes, if you are going to assert something it's on you to prove it. You say you are here to inspire me(and others I assume) to ask questions, I did and got this in return.

Also, I dare say that if put something something out on the field, it is fair game, especially in the Skepticism, Pseudoscience, and Conspiracy Theories section for this case.

At the present moment you are mind me of a viper.

But that's just my silly little opinion.

Good day, and thanks for all the lulz. Smile

There are already threads here where you can ask questions about 9/11 but if you were really asking questions you'd be doing your own private investigation instead of asking me or anyone else on this forum or any other forum!

Your intentions of asking me your question was to start a 'debate', and by debate I mean you telling me what you've been told instead of doing your own research. If I were to say '9/11 was an inside job' normally I would have to back up that statement. But since this thread isn't about 9/11 conspiracies I do not, and since discussing such things and supporting my claim would only serve to derail the purpose of this thread.

You should not be in this section if you are looking for 'lulz' you should be in this section to review conspiracies without any standing biased opinions which may effect your judgment. Sadly that is not the case for many of the people on this particularly part of this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2012, 05:11 AM
... and we're off.

Heilo: what is the truth about conspiracy theories? A lot of them are bunk but there's a grain of truth to some, especially those concerned with recent history?

I mean, you did start a whole thread about this. Ergo, one assumes that at some point you'll trot out your favourite conspiracy-theories-that-are-not-bunk ™ ?

At which point we'll try to shoot you down. That's skepticism. Not accepting stuff at face value. If you survive the shooting... well I won't offer to change my ingrained opinions but maybe you'll make me or someone else stop and think...

Also, don't mistake Free Thought's questions as aggression. Sure, if you react he's got the gonads to give as good as he gets, but he was genuinely making an inquiry I think, based off other interactions with him.

Welcome to the forum Smile
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
21-09-2012, 05:27 AM
Yeah, please do not start ANOTHER 9/11 conspiracy thread. I do agree that there are a lot of "evidence" there, but for real, no more. If you want these evidences or "evidences", watch some youtube documentaries Free Thought.

But what about other things that are called conspiracies. Heilo, you mentioned the ones without evidences, like bigfoot, aliens or lizard man. What about the things like those explained in detail in documentaries like Hemp Revolution, Cure For Cancer, The Secret Bible or Zeitgeist? Those conspiracies are explained very well, with a lot of evidences to back up those claims. Yet they are still called and considered to be a conspiracy.

It appears that it is not up to us, or the evidence to call and proclaim something "a conspiracy". It is up to the mainstream media. And there we have it, another conspiracy.

Big Grin

Get it?

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
21-09-2012, 07:47 AM
(21-09-2012 05:27 AM)Filox Wrote:  Yeah, please do not start ANOTHER 9/11 conspiracy thread. I do agree that there are a lot of "evidence" there, but for real, no more. If you want these evidences or "evidences", watch some youtube documentaries Free Thought.

But what about other things that are called conspiracies. Heilo, you mentioned the ones without evidences, like bigfoot, aliens or lizard man. What about the things like those explained in detail in documentaries like Hemp Revolution, Cure For Cancer, The Secret Bible or Zeitgeist? Those conspiracies are explained very well, with a lot of evidences to back up those claims. Yet they are still called and considered to be a conspiracy.

It appears that it is not up to us, or the evidence to call and proclaim something "a conspiracy". It is up to the mainstream media. And there we have it, another conspiracy.

I think you're confused as to what a conspiracy is. Conspiracy: a secret agreement between two or more people to perform an unlawful act. Many of them are 'theories' simply because the government they are questioning won't admit it as a fact. In which you don't really need the governments permission for something to be a fact. For example, the government considers evolution to be just a 'theory' when it's more than obvious that it's a FACT.

(21-09-2012 05:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  I mean, you did start a whole thread about this. Ergo, one assumes that at some point you'll trot out your favourite conspiracy-theories-that-are-not-bunk ™ ?

At which point we'll try to shoot you down. That's skepticism. Not accepting stuff at face value. If you survive the shooting... well I won't offer to change my ingrained opinions but maybe you'll make me or someone else stop and think...

Your intentions here should not be to 'shoot down' but to investigate and question the validity of both sides of the argument with unbiased views towards either one of them. By saying you're 'shooting them down' you've already predetermined that you are unwilling to accept any conspiracy theory no matter how strong the evidence to prove it a fact may be due to it solely being a conspiracy theory. That sir is a biased frame of mind and will get you no where in the search of truth and the quest for knowledge.

It should not be by my doing that makes you stop and think but it should be by your own doing that you are already stopping to think for yourself. Otherwise you're saying that you will let others think for you, and we call that a pawn yes we do.
21-09-2012, 07:56 AM
I wouldn't say conspiracy theorists actively lie about their "findings". They simply misinterpret facts or base their argument entirely off of speculation.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
21-09-2012, 08:07 AM
(21-09-2012 07:56 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I wouldn't say conspiracy theorists actively lie about their "findings". They simply misinterpret facts or base their argument entirely off of speculation.

And yet you never stop to think maybe it is you who has the facts misinterpreted? You never stop to think that maybe you're wrong? I do, it's how I stopped believing in a god, and it's how I came into the dark world of conspiracies. I was much happier when I believed in a god, stupider, but happier. I'm still happy with this knowledge I've obtained, yet it saddens me a great deal to see how ignorant all of humanity is, not of just anything, but of everything.
21-09-2012, 08:14 AM
You seem predetermined that I'm antagonistic towards you. By saying "shoot down" I mean I will subject your viewpoint to attack. I will look for the weakness. I will welcome the same directed at any argument I make.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
21-09-2012, 08:25 AM
(21-09-2012 08:14 AM)morondog Wrote:  You seem predetermined that I'm antagonistic towards you. By saying "shoot down" I mean I will subject your viewpoint to attack. I will look for the weakness. I will welcome the same directed at any argument I make.

What's the word when humans say one thing and then do the exact opposite? That's always how it goes in conspiracy forums. You say you welcome the same directed at you, and that's all and fine, but my how you can't observe or inspect something when it flies right past your head, by the time you notice what has happened it's far to gone for you to reconsider it.
21-09-2012, 08:27 AM
(21-09-2012 08:25 AM)Heilo Wrote:  What's the word when humans say one thing and then do the exact opposite? That's always how it goes in conspiracy forums. You say you welcome the same directed at you, and that's all and fine, but my how you can't observe or inspect something when it flies right past your head, by the time you notice what has happened it's far to gone for you to reconsider it.

Make a point, please.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
21-09-2012, 08:36 AM
The Truth About Conspiracy Theories.
(21-09-2012 08:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(21-09-2012 08:25 AM)Heilo Wrote:  What's the word when humans say one thing and then do the exact opposite? That's always how it goes in conspiracy forums. You say you welcome the same directed at you, and that's all and fine, but my how you can't observe or inspect something when it flies right past your head, by the time you notice what has happened it's far to gone for you to reconsider it.

Make a point, please.

Or at least simply stop making generalizations about people you've never spoken to before. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post