The Truth About Conspiracy Theories.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2012, 12:21 PM
RE: The Truth About Conspiracy Theories.
(21-09-2012 12:18 PM)kineo Wrote:  But I don't know why he would bother to come back...

How could you possibly hope to understand his thinking? I wouldn't want to.Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-09-2012, 12:27 PM
(21-09-2012 12:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-09-2012 12:18 PM)kineo Wrote:  But I don't know why he would bother to come back...

How could you possibly hope to understand his thinking? I wouldn't want to.Consider

True. I'd like to keep my sanity... or at least the illusion of it.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
21-09-2012, 11:45 PM
(21-09-2012 08:41 AM)bemore Wrote:  So what your basicly saying Helio is to keep your mind open and try no to be biased in your thinking (which I believe to be an impossible task).... review the legitamacy of all facts laid down, even about things that we might take as a given/truth.... concentrate on the more proveable conspiracies (like the economy and common law)???

Is that what your saying in a nutshell???

Search and Destroy, and there is no 'try' not to be unbiased. It's incredibly easy not to be unbiased once you've figured out how to not be biased. Information is like hide and seek, you're it.

(21-09-2012 09:18 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  So basically, we should start being Free Thinkers? I guess I could consider going that direction for a time. Consider

You should start being critical thinkers, you've always been free to think whatever you please, but my god how few analyze the information which flows their their little brains.

Also I'd really appreciate it if you people kept this thread on topic.
21-09-2012, 11:50 PM
As soon as you "believe" something you immediatley become biased..... no matter how "open minded" you believe you may be.

I have 8 years experience of conspiracy studying..... HUGE amounts of stuff is unprovable and in my eyes bullshit and dis-info.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
21-09-2012, 11:54 PM
What conspiracys do you believe in then Helio????

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
22-09-2012, 12:10 AM
(21-09-2012 11:54 PM)bemore Wrote:  What conspiracys do you believe in then Helio????

Given the evidence and my powers of critical thinking, I'm positing that Heilo believes there's a conspiracy to derail his conspiracy thread.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
22-09-2012, 12:13 AM
(22-09-2012 12:10 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(21-09-2012 11:54 PM)bemore Wrote:  What conspiracys do you believe in then Helio????

Given the evidence and my powers of critical thinking, I'm positing that Heilo believes there's a conspiracy to derail his conspiracy thread.

Better not tell him that we are all members of the bavarian illuminati then Confused

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
22-09-2012, 01:04 AM
(22-09-2012 12:13 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(22-09-2012 12:10 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Given the evidence and my powers of critical thinking, I'm positing that Heilo believes there's a conspiracy to derail his conspiracy thread.

Better not tell him that we are all members of the bavarian illuminati then Confused

I'm more of a Bohemian Grove guy myself.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
22-09-2012, 01:40 AM
Heilo, wtf is the topic of this thread? Every time we've asked you for an example, the first time you supplied one and then got all pissed off when people chirped you for it, other than that you've been telling us how closed minded we are. Why don't *you* take responsibility for keeping the thread on topic?
22-09-2012, 02:26 AM
(21-09-2012 08:07 AM)Heilo Wrote:  
(21-09-2012 07:56 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I wouldn't say conspiracy theorists actively lie about their "findings". They simply misinterpret facts or base their argument entirely off of speculation.

And yet you never stop to think maybe it is you who has the facts misinterpreted? You never stop to think that maybe you're wrong? I do, it's how I stopped believing in a god, and it's how I came into the dark world of conspiracies. I was much happier when I believed in a god, stupider, but happier. I'm still happy with this knowledge I've obtained, yet it saddens me a great deal to see how ignorant all of humanity is, not of just anything, but of everything.

I do question my convictions everyday. But, because I do so does not mean I come to the illogical conclusions that conspiracy theorists make.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab