The Truth About Conspiracy Theories.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2012, 03:08 AM
RE: The Truth About Conspiracy Theories.
(22-09-2012 01:04 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(22-09-2012 12:13 AM)bemore Wrote:  Better not tell him that we are all members of the bavarian illuminati then Confused

I'm more of a Bohemian Grove guy myself.

Yeah you look the owlish sort.... damn Maloch worshipers Dodgy

@ Helio.... Id say if you going to "enlighten" us then Id suggest putting forward some of this evidence that you think we are overlooking so us freethinkers can scrutinise it.

Thanking you please Big Grin

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
22-09-2012, 07:37 AM
(22-09-2012 01:04 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(22-09-2012 12:13 AM)bemore Wrote:  Better not tell him that we are all members of the bavarian illuminati then Confused

I'm more of a Bohemian Grove guy myself.

I'm more of a Bohemian Rhapsody guy myself.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-09-2012, 07:40 AM
(22-09-2012 07:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'm more of a Brohemian Rhapsody guy myself.
Fixed. Smile

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
22-09-2012, 09:03 AM
(22-09-2012 03:08 AM)bemore Wrote:  Helio.... Id say if you going to "enlighten" us then Id suggest putting forward some of this evidence that you think we are overlooking so us freethinkers can scrutinise it.

Why should I?

The point of this topic is a quote from Mark Twain, meaning that people often believe what they hear first, and it's hellish trying to prove them otherwise. You were right though bemore, a lot of people once they believe in something they become incredibly biased. However not everyone is a lot of people, and there are a small percentage who can look at things without being biased.

Once again this thread is not about a single conspiracy theory, it is about them all. And how frail our mind can be. Yet I wonder if people are so naive simply because they are afraid of what being wrong would mean to their views on reality. After all, if some of the bigger conspiracy theories were true. that would mean most of the whole worlds governments were corrupt...

Religion and Governments I wouldn't believe in either one of them.[/u]
22-09-2012, 09:18 AM
If you think you are in the small percentage that can look at things without being biased, you are fooled.

All perspective by nature is biased; Bias is not always a negative thing, but there is people who can look at ideas with less subjectivity than others.

The reason you got hostility in this thread is you come off as acting that you are better than people and that those on the board are not critical thinkers. I don't think you are saying that but some of the posts shimmer with that message.

The idea of this thread's message is still very vague; even your description of it being about all conspiracies is entirely vague. How are people supposed to keep that topic on track? Many specific conspiracies have their own individual threads in this forum because that helps make the thread understood. This one so far, has not been.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
22-09-2012, 09:22 AM
(22-09-2012 09:03 AM)Heilo Wrote:  
(22-09-2012 03:08 AM)bemore Wrote:  Helio.... Id say if you going to "enlighten" us then Id suggest putting forward some of this evidence that you think we are overlooking so us freethinkers can scrutinise it.

Why should I?

The point of this topic is a quote from Mark Twain, meaning that people often believe what they hear first, and it's hellish trying to prove them otherwise. You were right though bemore, a lot of people once they believe in something they become incredibly biased. However not everyone is a lot of people, and there are a small percentage who can look at things without being biased.

Once again this thread is not about a single conspiracy theory, it is about them all. And how frail our mind can be. Yet I wonder if people are so naive simply because they are afraid of what being wrong would mean to their views on reality. After all, if some of the bigger conspiracy theories were true. that would mean most of the whole worlds governments were corrupt...

Religion and Governments I wouldn't believe in either one of them.[/u]

In conspiracy terms the people I think you are refering to are often called "sheeple" because they blindly follow the herd.

The analogy I use is when your parents tell you as a child about Father Christmas or the Easter Bunny.... you have trust in your parents, that they wouldnt lie to you so why would you ever need to question it???

I think this very example can be given to people who put trust and faith into the mainstream media and also goverment, they get fooled into thinking that wars are fought for just reasons and that the goverment has their best interests at heart and also they believe they live in a democracy where their vote gives them a voice, which I disagree with entirely.

Ill lay my beliefs on the table for you...... I think the biggest "religion" today is money.... it is such a huge part of everybodys lifes yet so little people actually know how the monetary system operates. I myself have spent years trying to learn (with half truth conspiracy videos putting hurdles in my way) about the whole monetary system and whilst I believe I know more than the average person on the street, it is such a behemoth of a system to understand that I think I never will entirely comprehend all of it.

Goverments are corrupt, they are influenced by this "religion/money" and in turn the Central banking system is also corrupt. They produce money with interest.... interest that isnt even in the system.... which equates to Money=Debt.... its a forever ending spiral of inflation (hidden tax) and theft. The wars we have had have been to protect this corrupted money system.... I think it is too much of a coincidence that Saddam Hussein was in the process of trying to bypass the petro-dollar... and that Qaddafi was trying his best to introduce the gold Dinar which ultimatley led to their demise.

The biggest mainstream conspiracy voices.... Alex Jones, who says to keep an open mind and to seek the truth.... yet he is a fucking hardcore christian????

David Icke who comes out with some good stuff..... yet all of it is overshadowed everytime he talks about fucking reptiles and that the moon is an artifical construct brought to earth to trap souls and stop them from moving on.

They make HUGE amounts of money doing what they do..... Yet people dont see it as they idolise them unfortunatley. Sad

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post