The Truth About Modern Art

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2016, 03:54 PM
RE: The Truth About Modern Art
The thing is, why should I care so much if someone considers a bunch of squiggly lines to be art? It doesn't harm me or anyone in any way. Chill.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
14-02-2016, 03:57 PM
Modern art is like a joke.

If somebody has to explain it, it's not any good.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
14-02-2016, 03:59 PM
(14-02-2016 02:07 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(14-02-2016 12:24 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Well, as a Senator who chaired the Senate Appropriations Committee, I'm sure he could wield influence on that decision.

Yeah sure....

REPUBLICANS like Ted Stevens are just KNOWN for being vehement supporters of government paying for art......

I'm sure he was a driving force behind making that part of the Federal Code.........................

Dodgy

$400,000,000 Bridge to Nowhere.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
14-02-2016, 04:09 PM
(14-02-2016 03:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-02-2016 02:07 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Yeah sure....

REPUBLICANS like Ted Stevens are just KNOWN for being vehement supporters of government paying for art......

I'm sure he was a driving force behind making that part of the Federal Code.........................

Dodgy

$400,000,000 Bridge to Nowhere.

Unless you're claiming that to be a work of art -- WTF does that have to do with this other than not a fucking thing???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
14-02-2016, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2016 11:33 AM by GirlyMan.)
(14-02-2016 04:09 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(14-02-2016 03:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  $400,000,000 Bridge to Nowhere.

Unless you're claiming that to be a work of art -- WTF does that have to do with this other than not a fucking thing???

It is a beautiful piece of art. That is all it is. It has no funciton, no purpose other than being a work of art.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-02-2016, 04:35 PM
(14-02-2016 11:20 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  When I was in college and an art student I took an art history class. When we got to the modern art section we were asked to write a critic of one artist from a list of about 20. I picked Jackson Pollock because I thought his stuff looked like shit and my review reflected it. I pointed out why it was shit and compared it to house paint splatters made by an ordinary joe blow. I had a hard time finding samples of house paint splatters in a pre-internet world so I scoured the library and found some comparable splatters and photocopied it. I got a D minus on the paper. The professor just wasn't amused.

But I was. Tee-hee. Big Grin

It was worth the D minus just to shove modern art up the art professor's ass.

How do you get a D minus (or any grade for that matter) for something that is purely subjective?

Quote:The thing is, why should I care so much if someone considers a bunch of squiggly lines to be art? It doesn't harm me or anyone in any way. Chill.

It does when the city council decides to spend millions in tax payer money on it or people charge tourist and others ridiculous sums of money to look at it.

Here's the way I see it. The reason why modern art is such filth is because of the type of person that's into it. There's two types of arty people. The first is people with genuine talent. They paint because they're good at it. They carve sculptures out of ice with a chainsaw because they're good at it. They draw people in a court room because they're good at it. etc.. etc... And than there's the hippy leftest twat who goes around saying stupid shit like "I'm not racist, I'm colourblind, I don't see race" who finds everything offensive, doesn't eat meat and is probably a lesbian. I'm sure you lot know the type, they're the young twats all doing art majors even though they don't have a single bit of talent in their whole body because all they do is complain about how the government doesn't do enough to save the black ringed ponty toed tree frog. And because they WANT to be arty they make this modern art filth because filth is all they can make because their talentless hacks.

[Image: oscar.png]
14-02-2016, 04:49 PM

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-02-2016, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2016 05:05 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
(14-02-2016 04:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It does when the city council decides to spend millions in tax payer money on it or people charge tourist and others ridiculous sums of money to look at it.

I will grant you that it does not seem to be an effective use of taxpayer money, but you don't really know what the tourists and other people feel about it, so you can't say if it was a waste of money in their case. Anyway, the main harm you seem to be concerned with is that it's a "waste of money", and not any kind of psychological harm.

14-02-2016, 05:04 PM
(14-02-2016 05:01 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(14-02-2016 04:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It does when the city council decides to spend millions in tax payer money on it or people charge tourist and others ridiculous sums of money to look at it.

I will grant you that it does not seem to be an effective use of taxpayer money, but you don't really know what the tourists and other people feel about it, so you can't say if it was a waste of money in their case.

It's a waste of money because it's a mockery to those people that actually have genuine artistic talent. It's like the creationist "museum". I don't give a fuck what people feel when they go to that place, it needs to be burnt to the ground.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
14-02-2016, 07:22 PM
You have to ask yourself how you'd feel if Bob Ross came on TV, and started throwing dog shit at a canvas, puking on it, before masturbating all over it saying "just beat the devil out of it".

I'd feel that the Joy of Painting had somewhat declined in quality over the years.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post