The Twilight Hate Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2012, 09:50 PM
RE: The Twilight Hate Thread
I'm glad there are those with differing opinion!! If it weren't so, then we would have a dull world!!

Have you read the books or have just seen the films? I agree that at least watching the films is a lesser torture compared to reading the books. At least you have pretty people to stare at during the lost of brain cells. I'm just teasing and do not mean any of this literally but I am glad to hear something different. I never want a world where everyone agrees. You might ask: Why is that so? Well to be truthful, the only world that could exist like that is one without humans. And being a humanist, I definitely do not want that.

Sorry if I offended you and just babbled on. I get carried away at times.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
04-01-2012, 12:26 AM
If you say I'm not an atheist, or I don't love Gwyneth Paltrow - I'm gonna get lippy - other than that, it's all unicorns and glitter. Wink

Just the movies 'cept the latest. Books haven't been highly recommended. I might give 'em a whirl when the film series is finished. I'm thinking I'll survive, remembering Emma - my all time number one book, thanks to that dang Gwynnie...

Oh, yeah; don't be hating on Emma. Big Grin

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
04-01-2012, 01:33 AM
Let's just keep the unicorns and glitter within the Bible. No need to mix them with reality.

So may I ask what Emma is about? A summary or a link please?(I know I can look it up, but summaries from people usually explain more and give better details without spoiling the book)

I understand this is a Twilight thread and don't want to go off topic so just to keep my post appropriate, I still believe Stephanie Meyer to be an unintelligent individual who had a lucky break by creating this simplistic story. Seeing as her second series has already flunked. I needn't worry about her writing another awful saga. I think this will suffice for the hate part of the thread.

Now thank you for answering my question if you do. If you don't answer my question, then please, disregard any or all undeserved compliments.

I'm of course again joking but I look forward to your reply.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
04-01-2012, 02:03 AM
[Image: 250px-EmmaTitlePage.jpg]

Link to wiki in image. I'm geek like that. Wink

First time I read it, in the joint; where my Gwynnie thing began. I hadn't seen the movie version she did at the time, but Gwyneth Paltrow as Emma Woodhouse; and me reading that book... the fifth time, there was an Event. Big Grin

"Unicorns and glitter" comes from Flo of Progressive fame, it's just a thing. Wink

Thinking Atheist forum is rather tolerant of off topic ramblings - especially a topic like this. You know, we go from hate to love; and no one else cares. Wink

11-01-2012, 03:44 AM
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/twilight

Best link EVER for twilight hate
[+] 1 user Likes Phenakist's post
11-01-2012, 09:09 AM
(11-01-2012 03:44 AM)Phenakist Wrote:  http://theoatmeal.com/comics/twilight

Best link EVER for twilight hate

Man, was that called for? I'm so not looking forward to reading the books... Big Grin

The link makes sense, though. I'm just not the kind of guy who is invested in his own seriousness. The last time I watched Eclipse (5th, I'm thinking), I considered "twilight hate" and I asked myself - WTF are you watching?

Alice Cullen.

Well, ok; but other than that?

A totally gorgeous cast all invested in the fickle nature of a teen-aged girl, where the otherwise narcissistic nature of her self-evolution is raised to epic proportions to such an extreme that concerns such as immanent global economic collapse are whisked from the mind by teenage angst amid the coolness of vampires and werewolves settling age-old feuds... and Alice Cullen.

Rational. Mind. And never the twain shall meet...

Well, I never got to be a teenage girl.

Doesn't that conflict with the whole "Alice Cullen" thing?

Lust knows no gender...

O...Kay then; that's enough self-evaluation for the nonce. Big Grin