The Twilight Hate Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2010, 02:30 PM

RE: The Twilight Hate Thread
I have read the whole damn series thanks to my little sister telling me I should read it. It was written by a Mormon....and it shows! If you ask my it wasn't written all that well....and the style is rather dull. Honestly I think it is very sexist and a bad example for young girls on how relationships should be. For crying out load Edward stalks Bella!!! Really!!!! you find out he would watch her he sleep and all sorts of creepy things!!!! Then Bella starts putting her self in danger cause Edward left and the list goes on and on.....
I must ask this Dregs...How can your wife get horny from such a .....well "pg" book??? lol make her read the sleeping beauty novels Anne Rice wrote lol http://www.amazon.com/Sleeping-Beauty-No...t_ep_dpt_7
Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Anne Rice is a much better writer in terms of vampire novels. I've read a bit of Lestat, but never finished it. I should get on that soon.

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2010, 10:07 PM

(23-09-2010 02:30 PM)Natasha B Wrote:  I have read the whole damn series thanks to my little sister telling me I should read it. It was written by a Mormon....and it shows! If you ask my it wasn't written all that well....and the style is rather dull. Honestly I think it is very sexist and a bad example for young girls on how relationships should be. For crying out load Edward stalks Bella!!! Really!!!! you find out he would watch her he sleep and all sorts of creepy things!!!! Then Bella starts putting her self in danger cause Edward left and the list goes on and on.....
I must ask this Dregs...How can your wife get horny from such a .....well "pg" book??? lol make her read the sleeping beauty novels Anne Rice wrote lol http://www.amazon.com/Sleeping-Beauty-No...t_ep_dpt_7

Hot vampire sex is waaay better ... that's why I watch True Blood. ;P
24-09-2010, 04:22 PM

(23-09-2010 07:39 PM)jkshrout Wrote:  Anne Rice is a much better writer in terms of vampire novels. I've read a bit of Lestat, but never finished it. I should get on that soon.

Kim Harrison is also another great auther :-) she wrote dead witch walking wich I really like
(23-09-2010 10:07 PM)athnostic Wrote:  
(23-09-2010 02:30 PM)Natasha B Wrote:  I have read the whole damn series thanks to my little sister telling me I should read it. It was written by a Mormon....and it shows! If you ask my it wasn't written all that well....and the style is rather dull. Honestly I think it is very sexist and a bad example for young girls on how relationships should be. For crying out load Edward stalks Bella!!! Really!!!! you find out he would watch her he sleep and all sorts of creepy things!!!! Then Bella starts putting her self in danger cause Edward left and the list goes on and on.....

Hot vampire sex is waaay better ... that's why I watch True Blood. ;P

I read The Stookie Stackhouse series so I can't stand to watch the show :-( I was soooo disappointed in the show because they just add too much crap. Each season is one book really I would have rather had a movie for each book. I do love the books even if I don't like the series.
07-10-2010, 12:27 PM

I'm fourteen, female, girls school chick... perfect example of a victim of the Twilight horror? Sad yes, im afraid i have been. But I am a convert and, although there are some good characters which are left undeveloped and not mentioned that much, i detest the books, the films...the franchise!

I just finished watching the spoof film Vampires Suck and THAT had more on screen chemistry!
23-10-2010, 02:16 AM

senseless , indeed. Big Grin I found the story so shallow.
23-10-2010, 02:25 PM

I think all the teen erotica Vamp programming is stupid.
I wish the networks, if they're going to invest in that genre, would give the werewolves more face time. Tongue
23-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Where wolves?
23-10-2010, 06:20 PM

(23-10-2010 05:15 PM)No J. Wrote:  Where wolves?

Dunno.Where?
25-10-2010, 11:44 AM
I hate Where Wolves. You never get to see them, because you're always looking for em. I prefer Here Wolves.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Manga thread Shinigami-sama 1 194 03-01-2014 07:35 AM
Last Post: MegaHentai
  Encyclopedia Galactica - The Sci-Fi Recommendation Thread ridethespiral 3 319 22-06-2013 03:52 PM
Last Post: Chas
  Random Stories Thread itsacow 0 248 05-04-2012 11:37 PM
Last Post: itsacow