The U.S. Electoral College: A travesty of democracy

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
07-10-2012, 05:04 PM
RE: The U.S. Electoral College: A travesty of democracy
(07-10-2012 01:18 PM)Diablo Wrote:  Its not worth marching in the streets over. Its a shit system, but its the one already in place. Its sort of like the English units over SI Metric units. The SI system is infinitely better than the pull a random number out of your ass English system, but we still use it because its already in place and there is not will to change. Its not perfect, but it works most of the time, and that seems to be good enough.

There is no such thing as a perfect system, and anyone who thinks otherwise is as unrealistic as Marx's philosophies.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2012, 12:44 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 12:52 PM by TrainWreck.)
RE: The U.S. Electoral College: Dissenting Opinion
(03-10-2012 04:29 PM)Thomas Wrote:  The proof is that we're not shooting at each other.

You are not identifying the shootings, because they are infrequent, and usually accompanied by more popular personal psychological descriptions of the perpetrators.

I have always considered the Columbine, and Virginia Tech, shootings to be politically motivated. Not motivated by any of our political parties, but rather, motivated by the perpetrators' desires to shock society into changing towards what they thought was for the better evolution of society.

If they were only seeking personal revenge, they would have planned the execution of their tormentors to their perceived exoneration of culpability.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
09-10-2012, 12:49 PM
(07-10-2012 05:04 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  There is no such thing as a perfect system, and anyone who thinks otherwise is as unrealistic as Marx's philosophies.

I believe the perfect system is yet to be defined, and not to be had in any of our life times, but the generation of the scientific paradigm and social era are to be had in due time, because of my defining of the Secular Library Classification and constitutional systems.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
09-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Re: The U.S. Electoral College: A travesty of democracy
We dont have a democratic system, we have a representative one. If we didnt, the american people would be required to vote on every issue and bill that comes down the pipe. Learn the system, play the system. Play the game.
10-10-2012, 10:23 PM
(07-10-2012 05:04 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 01:18 PM)Diablo Wrote:  Its not worth marching in the streets over. Its a shit system, but its the one already in place. Its sort of like the English units over SI Metric units. The SI system is infinitely better than the pull a random number out of your ass English system, but we still use it because its already in place and there is not will to change. Its not perfect, but it works most of the time, and that seems to be good enough.

There is no such thing as a perfect system, and anyone who thinks otherwise is as unrealistic as Marx's philosophies.

Who ever said there was? Why do you always jump to the two extremes and ignore the infinite gray area in between?
10-10-2012, 10:33 PM
MMP is where it's at.
There's a reason why we changed from a FPP system in 1996, because FPP sucks balls.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
11-10-2012, 12:24 AM
I don't like any current systems at all. They all make me pukey feeling. There needs to be a more better (internal grammar cringe Big Grin ) system. Sadly, that is generations from now. Sad

ETA Even democracy at its finest is a failed system.