The U.S. will normalize relations with Cuba.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2014, 03:57 PM
RE: The U.S. will normalize relations with Cuba.
Someone could make a killing selling car parts to them. Or new cars. Or even cars that are 10 years old. Time stood still in Cuba's automobile land. I mean look at these junk heaps.

[Image: oldcars.jpeg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpeg]

The other view is that they could make a killing selling their old antique cars to American car collectors. It's a two way street.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
18-12-2014, 04:13 PM
(18-12-2014 03:57 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Someone could make a killing selling car parts to them. Or new cars. Or even cars that are 10 years old. Time stood still in Cuba's automobile land. I mean look at these junk heaps.

The other view is that they could make a killing selling their old antique cars to American car collectors. It's a two way street.

Nice solid probably rust-free cars. Thumbsup
18-12-2014, 06:19 PM
(18-12-2014 11:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(17-12-2014 10:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  lol pun Laughat

But actually tautological.

Blow job is a contraction of 'below job' so technically it's a 'low below'.

Smartass

Don't ask me how I know these things.

The more you know.

(18-12-2014 03:57 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Someone could make a killing selling car parts to them. Or new cars. Or even cars that are 10 years old. Time stood still in Cuba's automobile land. I mean look at these junk heaps.

Firstly, nice pun.

Secondly, what the actual fuck? Why would you put the car parking in the middle of the fucking road and not to the side? That makes no sense.

[Image: oscar.png]
18-12-2014, 06:36 PM
I thought this had a nice ring to it, from the WSJ

"A closing note: I always thought, life often being unfair, that Fidel Castro would die the death of a happy monster, old, in bed, a cigar jutting out from the pillows, a brandy on the bedside table. My dream the past few years was that this tranquil end would be disturbed by this scene: American tourists jumping up and down outside his window, snapping pictures on their smartphones. American tourists flooding the island, befriending his people, doing business with them, showing in their attitude and through a million conversations which system is, actually, preferable. Castro sees them through the window. He grits his teeth so hard the cigar snaps off. Money and sentiment defeat his life’s work. He leaves the world knowing that in history’s great game, he lost.

Open the doors, let America flood the zone and snap those pictures. “Fidel! Look this way!” Snap. Flash. Gone.”

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-cuban-re...1418946550

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
20-12-2014, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2014 05:50 PM by Heathen.)

The Chinese and Europeans have been making a killing selling them transportation for years. Yutong buses and Mercedes vans are everywhere. Peugeots, Toyotas and Fiats abound. The Big Three are going to have a difficult time competing.

Those old 50's American cars are for tourists. Don't look under the hood, there's probably and old Russian motor under there. Cubans recently have been permitted to buy and sell cars but there is no way that Americans will be allowed to purchase them for export. Those cars will not be going anywhere.

After everyone calms down in a few months, it will become evident that nothing much has really changed at all. There is still a LOT of work to do. I don't expect to see a Starbucks in Havana Veija any time soon.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume