The UK will grind to a halt....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2013, 11:56 AM
RE: The UK will grind to a halt....
It infuriates me when I see people wheelspinning trying to get up small inclines,not the occasional slip but people who put their car into first gear and expect to somehow accelerate their way up the hill.

Pull off in second or third numbnuts Censored

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
17-01-2013, 11:57 AM
(17-01-2013 11:56 AM)bemore Wrote:  It infuriates me when I see people wheelspinning trying to get up small inclines,not the occasional slip but people who put their car into first gear and expect to somehow accelerate their way up the hill.

Pull off in second or third numbnuts Censored
And get snow tires or stay the fuck home. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-01-2013, 11:59 AM
(17-01-2013 11:50 AM)kim Wrote:  I'm all for people staying home in any amount of snowfall. Buuuuuuut what do the idiots do around here? "Hey, it's snowing... LET'S GO AND DRIVE AROUND IN IT!!!" Unsure Ok. I probably do it, too.

I guess I don't mind so much if people are just going out sight seeing ... but I do wish people would stick to the main roads and stay in town. They get out on the highway and think every inch of pavement is just as clear as the last.

I've seen the biggest SUVs in the ditch simply because they've his a patch of ice no bigger than one of their tires. It doesn't take much to lose control... and it doesn't even take ice. I've seen it happen on a small patch of wet or simply uneven roadway. So much has to do with driver panic and overcompensation. I'd rather err on the side of caution and just stay home.
Consider

Makes me wish I had a fire place; snow is the perfect excuse to get cozy. Wink
Here we get people walking down the middle of the street!!! Its hard enough to stop when it's raining and goodness people are out walking down the middle of the road just because it's covered in white?!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user