The US War on Christmas...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2011, 01:23 PM

RE: The US War on Christmas...
I think its time we turn the tables and educate a few folks in the process!!

Its time we complain about the "War on Winter Solstice" and show how THAT holiday was stolen...by those where were commanded not to (8th commandment).

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Denicio's post
01-12-2011, 11:44 AM
If they want war, then By Ford lets give them one!

[Image: samurai%2Bwar%2BFB.jpg]

[Image: GummiSpider.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2011, 12:03 PM

The WAR on Xmas is exactly the same as the HOMOSEXUAL Agenda!

I know many Homosexuals, they are fully unaware of an agenda.
I know many Atheists, and they are unaware of a war.

Funny, those that are pin pointed at some sinister motive....are unaware of said motive!!!

D
[+] 2 users Like Denicio's post
01-12-2011, 12:24 PM
(01-12-2011 12:03 PM)Denicio Wrote:  The WAR on Xmas is exactly the same as the HOMOSEXUAL Agenda!

Funny, those that are pin pointed at some sinister motive....are unaware of said motive!!!

D

I thought that was part of the EULA when you became an atheist. Did you read yours? I skimmed it.
01-12-2011, 12:27 PM

(01-12-2011 12:24 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(01-12-2011 12:03 PM)Denicio Wrote:  The WAR on Xmas is exactly the same as the HOMOSEXUAL Agenda!

D

I thought that was part of the EULA when you became an atheist. Did you read yours? I skimmed it.

Oh NO! THAT was in the fine print?
Foiled again! Drat!

D
02-12-2011, 01:10 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2011 01:16 AM by Solaris.)
It's much like the "Prayer in Schools" argument. I ran across something the other day where someone said [paraphrasing]: "They didn't take prayer out of the schools---they put prayer into schools, because now you can pray to yourself, whatever your religion."

I rather like that as a counter to the screams of "They took away school prayer!"

What it boils down to is that far too many people who call themselves Christian think not only that they have a "monopoly on God," but also that they have a monopoly on public time, spaces, and government to express their religion.

In other words, it's Animal Farm: "All Animals are Equal---but Some Animals are More Equal Than Others."

These Christians highly resent any attempts to put them on an equal footing with other religions and people with no religion. The fact that other religions, and people who decide religion is not for them, are due the same respect that they want, doesn't cut the mustard with them.

They're children playing "King of the Hill"---and while a fit of occasional magnanimity may cause them to voluntarily allow someone of a different faith onto the top of the hill with them for a temporary visit, the idea of you "moving in up there with them" gets their knickers in a twist, and they start screaming persecution and that you're "repressing their religious freedom".

In short, it's like when your two-year-old refuses, despite your insistence, to share toys with a friend---there comes that moment when your kid screws up his red little face and yells, "MINE!" while clinging to the toy like velcro.

The simple idea that other people deserve respect, that other religions deserve respect, and that there's nothing disrespectful in someone offering a wish of "Happy Holidays" or "Season's Greetings", seems beyond them... they want to insist that you must say "Merry Christmas" and "put the Christ back in Christmas."

Which is not only unfair, but also ridiculously silly---isn't the point of the holidays, religious OR secular, to share good will? Does it really matter what words are used to share good will or wish someone happiness?

To me, when someone throws a hissy fit over a well-wisher not using the words "Merry Christmas," it smacks of the kind of thing where someone receives a gift of concert tickets to a favorite band, then throws them back into the giver's face and yells, "No, I wanted front-row seats, not garden seats!" And above all, this shows a level of hypocrisy that astounds me: isn't the whole idea of the Christian Christmas to exhibit the love and joy and goodwill toward all that Jesus was supposed to have shown? Talk about not putting the "Christ" in "Christmas!"

PS: When I hear that kind of stuff, sometimes I just want to ask them, "So is there some kind of contest, or reward, for how many times you get people to say the word "Christ"? Do you guys keep a tally sheet of verbal or sign Christmases, and whoever collected the most gets a special door prize in heaven? An extra gold ring on your halo maybe? Do you think Jesus keeps count on how many times "Christ" or "Christmas" gets said? Does he earn bonus points with that?

I'm sorry, but to me, it's just that silly.
[+] 4 users Like Solaris's post
02-12-2011, 02:13 PM
I've personally never said anything to anyone about saying Merry Christmas. It doesn't bother me one bit. Militant atheists as bad as fundies make non beleivers look bad. I do think the fudies and media have a much larger impact on this issue than anyone.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post
02-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Excellent posts Solaris and germanyt, I completely agree. Big Grin
02-12-2011, 02:38 PM

(02-12-2011 02:13 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I've personally never said anything to anyone about saying Merry Christmas. It doesn't bother me one bit. Militant atheists as bad as fundies make non believers look bad. I do think the fudies and media have a much larger impact on this issue than anyone.

I actually say "Merry Christmas". Its never bothered me even after deconversion.
I have a problem with the so called war on xmas and the woe is me victim mentality. Bill O parades that around as if they are the lone Christians in a sea of atheist...which is the furthest thing from the truth. Bill O and his Ilk simply have a problem with sharing. I think a couple of other holidays happen around then too....gee...what could they be?

The Bill O Christians feel they have some Monopoly on the month of December and show us exactly how christlike they are..........

Im not a militant at all...but when someone sticks their fingers in my cage..well, i do bite!

D
[+] 3 users Like Denicio's post
02-12-2011, 04:12 PM
(01-12-2011 12:03 PM)Denicio Wrote:  I know many Atheists, and they are unaware of a war.

I got 6 Mossbergs (one for me, the wife, and each of the kids), you think I should buy more?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.