The US War on Christmas...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2011, 04:16 PM
RE: The US War on Christmas...
(02-12-2011 04:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-12-2011 12:03 PM)Denicio Wrote:  I know many Atheists, and they are unaware of a war.

Funny, those that are pin pointed at some sinister motive....are unaware of said motive!!!

I got 6 Mossbergs (one for me, the wife, and each of the kids), you think I should buy more?

Do they make a pistol grip? I'll take one with slugs.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2011, 04:40 PM
(02-12-2011 04:16 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(01-12-2011 12:03 PM)Denicio Wrote:  I know many Atheists, and they are unaware of a war.

Funny, those that are pin pointed at some sinister motive....are unaware of said motive!!!

I got 6 Mossbergs (one for me, the wife, and each of the kids), you think I should buy more?

I'd suggest a Remington 810 - almost infinitely configurable - barrels, stocks, grips, magazines; after-market and gen-u-wine Remington.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2011, 04:54 PM
(28-11-2011 11:30 AM)Denicio Wrote:  Wait a second!!! You mean there is not a REAL war on Xmas?? DAMN! So ONCE AGAIN i will be the only guy out there in Chail Mail armor waving my sword at the christians??

I hate it when you guys leave me out of these meetings! I did not get the memo!

Sigh~

Denicio

Hilarious!

I'm annoyed by people who still believe "XMas" is an attempt to take "Christ" out of "Christmas". Seriously, I have no problem using that name.... Jesus Fucking Christ, it's irritating.

However, I do think atheists use "Xian" to slight the believers. I know I do. It's also why I use Xlims, Xmons, and Xologists.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
02-12-2011, 05:04 PM
(02-12-2011 04:54 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(28-11-2011 11:30 AM)Denicio Wrote:  Wait a second!!! You mean there is not a REAL war on Xmas?? DAMN! So ONCE AGAIN i will be the only guy out there in Chail Mail armor waving my sword at the christians??

I hate it when you guys leave me out of these meetings! I did not get the memo!

Sigh~

Denicio

Hilarious!

I'm annoyed by people who still believe "XMas" is an attempt to take "Christ" out of "Christmas". Seriously, I have no problem using that name.... Jesus Fucking Christ, it's irritating.

However, I do think atheists use "Xian" to slight the believers. I know I do. It's also why I use Xlims, Xmons, and Xologists.

I wrote this in the other thread:

Tell them that "X-mas" is an actual extolling of Christ, and not "taking Christ out of Christmas".

*history*

Χριστός is the Greek word for Christ. As it usually happens, people become lazy. The Greek are no different. After awhile, the -ριστός was dropped from the Greek word, and the letter chi soon became synonymous with "Christ".

"X-mas" became a stylization for Christmas because people wanted to focus on the *real* reason for the holiday (Christ obviously). So, they used the Greek symbol for Christ, thus creating "X-mas".

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
04-12-2011, 06:56 PM
I say happy holidays, merry christmas, merry xmas, or whatever. It don't matter to me. That mess about war on christmas and keeping christ in christmas is pure crap. I was raised a christian and as I look back it was always about family and fun and gifts. I don't even remember mess about a christ baby. These people that spread propaganda really don't know how or why christmas came about. (or they ignore it)

I was forced one year to go to church on christmas.....oh my..soooo boring! Got home, played with my toys and was thankful the church experience was over.

So every year I follow some of the typical pagan traditions (tree, mistletoe, gift swapping, and so on...) that are very fun and I enjoy it. I don't care if someone down the road enjoys their biblical horror story.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
04-12-2011, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2011 07:21 PM by GirlyMan.)
(02-12-2011 04:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-12-2011 04:16 PM)germanyt Wrote:  

I'd suggest a Remington 810 - almost infinitely configurable - barrels, stocks, grips, magazines; after-market and gen-u-wine Remington.

My sons and daughter have already worked out the best mix of slugs, buckshot, and birdshot in the ammo supply with respect to the various situations we might encounter god bless 'em. The Mossbergs are also equally configurable. ... Bring it, Christian. ... that's not directed towards you Chas.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
10-12-2011, 09:26 PM
I saw this on reddit, which seems applicable and carries an interesting and related message.

Image is too long to embed.
http://i.imgur.com/am3v7.jpg
10-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Man, I wuz watching some Hulu just now; alla them xmas commercials? I just wanna kill! Is it subliminal?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
10-12-2011, 10:27 PM
(10-12-2011 09:31 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Man, I wuz watching some Hulu just now; alla them xmas commercials? I just wanna kill! Is it subliminal?

Easy there big fella. ... Pause and take a breath.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-12-2011, 11:37 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2011 12:07 AM by Erxomai.)
(10-12-2011 09:31 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Man, I wuz watching some Hulu just now; alla them xmas commercials? I just wanna kill! Is it subliminal?

Gwynnies offers yet another way...

Chrismukkah

The title of this thread makes me think of one of the few Christmas songs I don't mind singing along with:

Actually, not too sure what's going with this version. Any Lennon fans out there?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post