The US War on Christmas...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2011, 05:30 AM

RE: The US War on Christmas...
This doesn't happen in New Zealand, then again Christmas isn't in your face, like it is in the US. Dodgy
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes CrazyKitteh's post
11-12-2011, 08:36 AM
(04-12-2011 07:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-12-2011 04:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-12-2011 04:16 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(02-12-2011 04:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I got 6 Mossbergs (one for me, the wife, and each of the kids), you think I should buy more?

Do they make a pistol grip? I'll take one with slugs.

I'd suggest a Remington 810 - almost infinitely configurable - barrels, stocks, grips, magazines; after-market and gen-u-wine Remington.

My sons and daughter have already worked out the best mix of slugs, buckshot, and birdshot in the ammo supply with respect to the various situations we might encounter god bless 'em. The Mossbergs are also equally configurable. ... Bring it, Christian. ... that's not directed towards you Chas.

Good to know that about the Mossbergs. Would you share some of that ammo wisdom?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-12-2011, 10:59 AM
(10-12-2011 11:37 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(10-12-2011 09:31 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Man, I wuz watching some Hulu just now; alla them xmas commercials? I just wanna kill! Is it subliminal?

Gwynnies offers yet another way...

Chrismukkah

Man, I'm such a tool. I'm like, Gwynnies! What day is it? Big Grin

But some of the commentary on that Just Jared site... Rawl, says the tiger, Rawl! There would be a definite problem if I met some of them posters on the street and they were talking that kind of smack about my Gwynnies. Fortunately I'm not small - and I kinda radiate craziness - so tiger never had to bite nobody. Big Grin

Lat year she was going on about "reason for the season," but she's just sweet and adorable. She comes around here, I'll make a sensible atheist out of her. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
11-12-2011, 11:59 PM
Maybe we called this one too early, look at this.

http://www.wcyb.com/news/29973036/detail.html
Find all posts by this user
12-12-2011, 12:31 AM
(11-12-2011 11:59 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Maybe we called this one too early, look at this.

Nah, I think that's just vandalism... that happens to have been done during the Christmas season. That's more like a war adjacent to Christmas.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
12-12-2011, 12:49 AM
(12-12-2011 12:31 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(11-12-2011 11:59 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Maybe we called this one too early, look at this.

Nah, I think that's just vandalism... that happens to have been done during the Christmas season. That's more like a war adjacent to Christmas.

There were reports that this vehicle was spotted leaving the scene.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZlI6MgDo4MFy7PUNmlrf...zWldvfuoNw]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
18-12-2011, 07:06 AM

http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-ne...r-attacked
A man who attacked an Auckland church billboard depicting the Virgin Mary holding a positive pregnancy test has defended his actions.

The $300 Christmas billboard was erected by the St Matthew-in-the-City Church last week to raise discussion about Mary's circumstances coming into Christmas.

Catholic Action Group member Arthur Skinner was caught, and later admitted to, slashing the board with scissors yesterday in protest.

Skinner held a congregation with Catholic Action Group supporters outside the church this morning to explain why he did it.

''Yes it's vandalism and if they want to arrest me then be my guest,'' Skinner said. ''If it comes to that, I believe in being persecuted for my faith.

^*Cough* and *Yawn* at 'I believe in being persecuted for my faith'. Christians hating on more secular good natured Christians, St Matthews seems to have a thing for controversial billboards that drive the religious fundies nuts. This is as worst as it gets here. Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2011, 11:22 PM
I think the whole thing is overblown. I think everyone has some tendency to feel persecuted because in some strange way it lends legitimacy to their beliefs (or lack thereof.) This is exactly what seems to be happening here.

"Blessed are they that have been persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." -Matthew 5:10