The US flag, a gun and a bible = twitter war

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2015, 08:07 PM
RE: The US flag, a gun and a bible = twitter war
(20-01-2015 07:54 PM)BnW Wrote:  How about "Human Beings With Feet Of Clay"?

This woman made a spectacle of herself, but that doesn't, or at least shouldn't, make her personal life fair game.

If she volunteers to pose for a picture holding up her personal beliefs to the public, then her personal beliefs and actions are fair game.
Pesky freedom of speech.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2015, 08:11 PM
People are of course free to comment. I just think it's an unnecessary pile on. That's just me, though.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
20-01-2015, 09:07 PM
(20-01-2015 08:11 PM)BnW Wrote:  People are of course free to comment. I just think it's an unnecessary pile on. That's just me, though.

Normally I'd agree. But she's trying to make money off her American "family values" despite cheating on her husband while he was deployed. Kinda like Bristol Palin lecturing on the virtues of celibacy before marriage. Charles C. Johnson is a royal prick (not the littlegreenfootballs guy, the other one) but I'll give him kudos for the takedown on this one. She wants to profit from wearing her "family values" on her sleeve Charles C. Johnson got every right to peek under her panties.

Tea Party Photo Military Wife Caught Cheating On Combat Vet Hubbie

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-01-2015, 09:15 PM
(25-08-2014 08:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-08-2014 11:25 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: Br4iKsPCcAAHqvo.jpg]

Drinking Beverage

I so want in on this.

[Image: jesussumo.jpg]

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 1 user Likes Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
20-01-2015, 09:33 PM
(20-01-2015 09:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-01-2015 08:11 PM)BnW Wrote:  People are of course free to comment. I just think it's an unnecessary pile on. That's just me, though.

Normally I'd agree. But she's trying to make money off her American "family values" despite cheating on her husband while he was deployed. Kinda like Bristol Palin lecturing on the virtues of celibacy before marriage. Charles C. Johnson is a royal prick (not the littlegreenfootballs guy, the other one) but I'll give him kudos for the takedown on this one. She wants to profit from wearing her "family values" on her sleeve Charles C. Johnson got every right to peek under her panties.

Tea Party Photo Military Wife Caught Cheating On Combat Vet Hubbie

I missed where she was trying to profit off her notoriety. If that's true, then cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war. Or, put more succinctly - Fuck her. She asked for it.

[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
21-01-2015, 04:10 AM

I thought much the same thing... but having seen it I had to pass it on somewhere. She actually seems to have moved on past it pretty well and kudos to both of them for being able to keep a marriage together after that kind of thing.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
21-01-2015, 06:59 AM
I was kidding with my last comment. I really have a problem with the idea that all our personal lives are fair game simply because the internet gives people access to information about us. It's one thing when moralizing politicians or People who make a living going on tv or radio to complain about everyone else are caught in moments of direct hypocrisy. But, ordinary people shouldn't have to fear expressing an opinion in public because they are not perfect.

21-01-2015, 07:30 AM
(21-01-2015 06:59 AM)BnW Wrote:  I was kidding with my last comment. I really have a problem with the idea that all our personal lives are fair game simply because the internet gives people access to information about us. It's one thing when moralizing politicians or People who make a living going on tv or radio to complain about everyone else are caught in moments of direct hypocrisy. But, ordinary people shouldn't have to fear expressing an opinion in public because they are not perfect.

It's the paradox of the assumed anonymity of the internet (causing people to say things to others they would never say in person) and the fact that everything about you is tracked and made public online. To me, that's one of the dark sides of the web.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
21-01-2015, 08:13 AM
(21-01-2015 07:30 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(21-01-2015 06:59 AM)BnW Wrote:  I was kidding with my last comment. I really have a problem with the idea that all our personal lives are fair game simply because the internet gives people access to information about us. It's one thing when moralizing politicians or People who make a living going on tv or radio to complain about everyone else are caught in moments of direct hypocrisy. But, ordinary people shouldn't have to fear expressing an opinion in public because they are not perfect.

It's the paradox of the assumed anonymity of the internet (causing people to say things to others they would never say in person) and the fact that everything about you is tracked and made public online. To me, that's one of the dark sides of the web.

She wasn't looking for anonymity. She went looking for celebrity and she found it in all its sordid glory. If she had only posted the pic and confined herself to FB it's one thing, but when she goes on Fox and starts talking about working for a SuperPac and going into politics she gets what she deserved. I ain't got no sympathy for her.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-01-2015, 08:35 AM
I'm not a religious man (obviously) but I do agree with the biblical notion of "let he without sin cast the first stone".

She had 15 minute of fame. I disagree that makes her marital problems fair game. It would be one thing if she was going around bashing everyone else for their marriage issues, but that's not what she did.

She's a person deserving of empathy. We've become a society of "us" and "them" and we just completely dehumanize anyone who doesn't agree with our side, because that makes these types of attacks ok in our minds.