The US health care plan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2017, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2017 12:50 AM by DLJ.)
The US health care plan
Here it is: https://www.budget.senate.gov/imo/media/...THCARE.pdf

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gop-senate-h...-released/

Quote:The 142-page measure would provide tax credits, based on income, age and geography, which would make more money available to lower income recipients to help them buy insurance. This differs from the House bill, which tied its tax credits to age. Obamacare taxes would be repealed under the bill. The Senate bill would provide for expanded tax-free Health Savings Accounts, and it would also eliminate federal funding for Planned Parenthood.

Quote:Medicaid would be phased out under the bill beginning in 2021, with gradual reductions until 2024 in the amount of federal Obamacare funds that have financed the entitlement program's expansion. The Senate bill would also slash funding to Medicaid from what Republicans call "gimmicks that drive up federal costs." President Trump repeatedly promised during the 2016 presidential campaign that he would not cut Medicaid, Medicare or Social Security.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
22-06-2017, 01:23 PM
RE: The health care plan
What the hell are poor people going to do with tax free health savings accounts?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 5 users Like Losty's post
22-06-2017, 01:32 PM
This ship is sunk before it's even finished.

Four Republican senators have said they will not vote for a new healthcare plan to repeal Obamacare

And, if the town hall meetings about repeal/replace were anything to go by, even die-hard Repub voters are against this.
[+] 3 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
22-06-2017, 01:33 PM
Health care?
More like wealth care, or
Trump (don't) care.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 3 users Like Reducetarian's post
22-06-2017, 01:47 PM
(22-06-2017 01:32 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  This ship is sunk before it's even finished.

Four Republican senators have said they will not vote for a new healthcare plan to repeal Obamacare

And, if the town hall meetings about repeal/replace were anything to go by, even die-hard Repub voters are against this.

It's not sunk. It's just not guaranteed to pass.
22-06-2017, 02:29 PM
I don't trust any of them. Not one. They talk out of both sides of their mouths.

And Mitch McConnell is an evil motherfucker and he will find a way to change the rules to get this shit passed.

Don't forget, they still have reconciliation in their pocket.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
22-06-2017, 03:30 PM
It's what you get when you let a bunch of white old rich males with no experience of real life make such decisions.

Tax exempt health savings account? They will all flock to the ER and who is going to pay for it? And they will be expensive because they have had no check-ups or early detection. And many will be left to die because they cannot pay for an operation.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
22-06-2017, 07:29 PM
Bernie says he will introduce a one payer piece of legislation. And it looks like he will tour to publicize it.

I say it's a great idea - and if Trump throws rallies, why not Bernie. As a matter of fact, it would irk the shit outta Trump if the dems started doing rallies. I am all for it. Well, actually I think no one should until election time - but if trump is doing it, by all means peoples, jump in and compete.Tongue

[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
22-06-2017, 08:41 PM
(22-06-2017 01:32 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  This ship is sunk before it's even finished.

This is the first time I've found myself in favor of something Senator Johnson has said.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
22-06-2017, 08:47 PM
Ahhhh, Bernie.
I wanted him for president. sad face Sad

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]