The US health care plan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2017, 03:15 PM
RE: The US health care plan
(29-07-2017 02:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So the big orange toddler didn't get his way and is threatening to hold his breath till he does.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/t...li=BBnb7Kz

Quote:President Trump on Saturday threatened to end key payments to insurance companies made under Obamacare if a repeal and replace bill is not passed.
I believe this would be a violation of the law and his oath of office. He also doesn't have the power to do this. If I recall correctly, the Congress has the power of the purse strings it's not in the Executive branch. He's just throwing another hissy fit because he didn't get his way. What a fucking moron.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
29-07-2017, 03:23 PM
In his defense (I hate myself for saying that) he doesn't understand how votes work...thanks to the Electoral College.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
29-07-2017, 05:28 PM
(29-07-2017 01:33 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  Successes:
Twenty million more people have health insurance.

This is where the difference lies. LDH and his ilk see this as a failure. 'Cause they're assholes.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-07-2017, 05:44 PM
(29-07-2017 03:15 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 02:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So the big orange toddler didn't get his way and is threatening to hold his breath till he does.
I believe this would be a violation of the law and his oath of office. He also doesn't have the power to do this. If I recall correctly, the Congress has the power of the purse strings it's not in the Executive branch. He's just throwing another hissy fit because he didn't get his way. What a fucking moron.

I think he could do this. Congress could pass emergency veto-proof legislation to take up the slack for the insurers, but the way it's written now the knowitalls seems to think he can. Of course, it's likely is an impeachable offense. The legality of it is immaterial to it being impeachable.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
29-07-2017, 05:49 PM
(29-07-2017 05:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 01:33 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  Successes:
Twenty million more people have health insurance.

This is where the difference lies. LDH and his ilk see this as a failure. 'Cause they're assholes.

It is a failure. 20 million more freeloaders. Handouts to the lazy pot heads, thugs and welfare types.

But it keeps them voting democrat so I see why the dems don't want it repealed.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
29-07-2017, 05:50 PM
(29-07-2017 05:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 03:15 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I believe this would be a violation of the law and his oath of office. He also doesn't have the power to do this. If I recall correctly, the Congress has the power of the purse strings it's not in the Executive branch. He's just throwing another hissy fit because he didn't get his way. What a fucking moron.

I think he could do this. Congress could pass emergency veto-proof legislation to take up the slack for the insurers, but the way it's written now the knowitalls seems to think he can. Of course, it's likely is an impeachable offense. The legality of it is immaterial to it being impeachable.

I would think it would more bad PR for him. Not that he's ever had any good PR. Rolleyes

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
29-07-2017, 06:18 PM
(29-07-2017 05:49 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 05:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This is where the difference lies. LDH and his ilk see this as a failure. 'Cause they're assholes.

It is a failure. 20 million more freeloaders. Handouts to the lazy pot heads, thugs and welfare types.

Must piss you off now that weed's legal in your State, huh. You gotta a lot of desert sun out there, I'm thinking acres and acres of solar-powered grow houses. By the way, most of those 20 million work at shit jobs and couldn't afford health care otherwise. So yeah, you're an asshole.

Oh, and

"All of the great hackers are not the type who want to wear suits, shine their shoes and show up to work every day," McAfee said, adding many talented hackers "want to smoke weed while they work." Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-07-2017, 06:25 PM
(29-07-2017 05:49 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 05:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This is where the difference lies. LDH and his ilk see this as a failure. 'Cause they're assholes.

You do realize it costs LESS to have them on healthcare so they can afford preventative care than to have them wait until they're deathly sick, seek help, and can't pay for it?

And fuck you, basic healthcare should be a human right. My cousin is none of what you described but he goes without insurance because he can't afford it.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
29-07-2017, 06:52 PM
(29-07-2017 06:25 PM)Loom Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 05:49 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It is a failure. 20 million more freeloaders. Handouts to the lazy pot heads, thugs and welfare types.

You do realize it costs LESS to have them on healthcare so they can afford preventative care than to have them wait until they're deathly sick, seek help, and can't pay for it?

And fuck you, basic healthcare should be a human right. My cousin is none of what you described but he goes without insurance because he can't afford it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. He's trolling, plain and simple. I do have a deep suspicion, though, that some of what he says, he believes. Which is even worse.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
29-07-2017, 07:52 PM
(29-07-2017 05:49 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It is a failure. 20 million more freeloaders. Handouts to the lazy pot heads, thugs and welfare types.

So in other words, our government should not serve our interests and you hate your fellow Americans.

Okay, got it.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post