The US health care plan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2017, 08:06 PM
RE: The US health care plan
(29-07-2017 07:52 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 05:49 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It is a failure. 20 million more freeloaders. Handouts to the lazy pot heads, thugs and welfare types.

But it keeps them voting democrat so I see why the dems don't want it repealed.

So in other words, our government should not serve our interests and you hate your fellow Americans.

Okay, got it.

More and more layers of LDH are being revealed and it's more and more rotten the closer we get to the core.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
29-07-2017, 08:09 PM
(29-07-2017 05:49 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 05:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This is where the difference lies. LDH and his ilk see this as a failure. 'Cause they're assholes.

It is a failure. 20 million more freeloaders. Handouts to the lazy pot heads, thugs and welfare types.

But it keeps them voting democrat so I see why the dems don't want it repealed.

Excuse me. My daughter is on ACA and is not a freeloader you fucking bigot. She works 6 days a week, in the evening she teaches ballet. She working to save enough money to go back to college and get a MA in biology. My other daughter is still young enough to be on our insurance plan because Obama raised the age for young adults to be on their parents insurance. She's majoring in computer engineering, has a very high IQ, and is extremely capable. Do these two people sound like thugs and freeloaders to you?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
29-07-2017, 09:02 PM
It makes me so incredibly sad to think there are people out there who would rather see disabled, poor and working class people die than have affordable health care.

I don't even know how you begin to reason with them.

Sad

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 8 users Like ShadowProject's post
30-07-2017, 01:34 AM
http://www.alternet.org/right-wing/repub...q-war-vote

Here is a good article that lists a number of ways in which the GOP has been sabotaging the ACA. Part of the big problem with American health care is that once one had a pre-existing condition, health care for many became unaffordable or near impossible to get. To label all those who did not have health care available as freeloaders and drug addicts etc is just stupid and wrongheaded.

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 4 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post
30-07-2017, 01:54 PM
(30-07-2017 01:34 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  http://www.alternet.org/right-wing/repub...q-war-vote

Here is a good article that lists a number of ways in which the GOP has been sabotaging the ACA. Part of the big problem with American health care is that once one had a pre-existing condition, health care for many became unaffordable or near impossible to get. To label all those who did not have health care available as freeloaders and drug addicts etc is just stupid and wrongheaded.

For most people it's difficult to get to age 40 without some sort of pre-existing condition. Republicans like to insure healthy people but woe be unto those who get sick and need healthcare. It's the Republican health care version of Catch 22.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
30-07-2017, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2017 03:22 PM by epronovost.)
(29-07-2017 08:09 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Excuse me. My daughter is on ACA and is not a freeloader you fucking bigot. She works 6 days a week, in the evening she teaches ballet. She working to save enough money to go back to college and get a MA in biology. My other daughter is still young enough to be on our insurance plan because Obama raised the age for young adults to be on their parents insurance. She's majoring in computer engineering, has a very high IQ, and is extremely capable. Do these two people sound like thugs and freeloaders to you?

If I was mean and dishonest, I would say that LDH would agree since they are women and working women are by definition freeloaders who can only get jobs through affirmative action, leave their job after five months because they get pregnant, always complain about being treated unfairly and threaten the jobs of hardworking men by making sexual harassment lawsuits.

...turns out I am mean and dishonest sometime.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
30-07-2017, 03:58 PM
Twenty million more Americans now have health insurance...

Yeah, that is sort of the problem...

If you don't understand that you don't understand "I'll still respect you in the morning, the check is in the mail, and I won't come in your mouth".

Having insurance means you have a PROMISE of healthcare... It doesn't necessarily mean you have healthcare........

That's the problem.

Insurance companies don't make money by providing healthcare. They make money by denying claims.

If you don't understand that, I'd suggest you stock up on toothpaste and mouthwash......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
30-07-2017, 08:40 PM
(30-07-2017 03:58 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Twenty million more Americans now have health insurance...

If you don't understand that you don't understand "I'll still respect you in the morning, the check is in the mail, and I won't come in your mouth".

Having insurance means you have a PROMISE of healthcare... It doesn't necessarily mean you have healthcare........

That's the problem.

Insurance companies don't make money by providing healthcare. They make money by denying claims.

If you don't understand that, I'd suggest you stock up on toothpaste and mouthwash......

Yup. My wife was sitting at a red light a couple of weeks ago, and got rear-ended. She ended up calling 911 because the guy was uncooperative- wouldn't give her any insurance or driver's license information, just a song and dance about how "his wallet had been stolen, etc.). When the popo showed up, suddenly he had the necessary information. Just think if he had hit her hard enough to knock her unconscious. He may have been able to drive off without being caught. She got out with her cell phone and immediately started taking pictures, and he got all bent out of shape. It could have been much worse, say, if he had gotten violent. To the point, the insured's claims adjuster started telling my wife about that insurance company's policies about personal injury and payouts. My wife wasn't having any of that. She simply told them that she's injured, and she'd get back to them with the bill. While I can understand that a company likes to maximize profit, it would be nice if they also acknowledged the human side of injury and didn't act like mercenaries. We're both in a position where we don't get run over roughshod, but just think about how many people do have that happen, when they aren't assertive or don't know how the system works.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
30-07-2017, 08:42 PM
(30-07-2017 03:58 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Twenty million more Americans now have health insurance...

That's the problem.

If you're on Medicare/caid you have healthcare. It's not health insurance. The government pays the providers directly. And I'm not sure what all of this talk about not being able to find providers if you're on Medicare/Medicaid is, but in my area it's hard to find one that won't accept you. In fact, it's easier to find ones that accept only Medicaid/care than to finds ones that won't accept it.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
31-07-2017, 04:49 AM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2017 04:52 AM by onlinebiker.)
(30-07-2017 08:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

That's the problem.

If you're on Medicare/caid you have healthcare. It's not health insurance. The government pays the providers directly. And I'm not sure what all of this talk about not being able to find providers if you're on Medicare/Medicaid is, but in my area it's hard to find one that won't accept you. In fact, it's easier to find ones that accept only Medicaid/care than to finds ones that won't accept it.

Um...
Yeah...

And???

If you're not on Medicare/ care, you're forced to deal with leaches. (AKA for profit insurance companies).

Until we get for profit companies out of health care, somebody is getting screwed.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.