The US health care plan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2017, 12:24 PM
RE: The US health care plan
[Image: DKWKJIeXcAEqc3o.jpg]

McCain is a no killing the Graham-Cassidy bill.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-10-2017, 11:58 AM
Well, trump signed his own health plan today.

Quote:Trump has slashed by 90 percent the federal government's budget to advertise and help enroll people on the exchanges
The Washington Post's Juliet Eilperin reports he's told the federal government to refuse to help Iowa prop up its struggling marketplace, which is a federal-state partnership.

Quote:Add this executive order to the list. The Post's Amy Goldstein reports the order will allow small businesses to form an association negotiate health benefits, called association health plans. Under Trump's rule, these disputed plans could soon be sold across state lines with no regulation on what health benefits they have to cover.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/natio...story.html

CNN said that basically the effect will be that young people will not have adequate insurance and will clog the ER, which we have to pay for.

Meanwhile, older people and people with pre-existing conditions will have sky rocketing premiums.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
12-10-2017, 12:36 PM
@dom

It seems to me that the Republican strategy on healthcare reform, after their multiple failures in Congress,is to defund the current system until it collapse and than forcibly impose their plan on a population that is in no situation to refuse; such plan is of course designed to reduce the State involvement in healthcare and leave a maximum of space for private companies to pilote this system. What I find disgusting about such a strategy is that it relies on abandonning some of societies most vulnerable people to the wolves and olding those who ''survive'' hostage all of this to impose a healthcare reform that prevent those who need the most affordable medical care the least chances to obtain it. With this strategy, the Republicans can conceal their almost sociopathic policy and blame the ACA and the Democrats for their own actions and thus avoid any backlash against them from Republican voters who desperatly need cheap and accessible healthcare.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
12-10-2017, 12:38 PM
(12-10-2017 11:58 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well, trump signed his own health plan today.

Quote:Trump has slashed by 90 percent the federal government's budget to advertise and help enroll people on the exchanges
The Washington Post's Juliet Eilperin reports he's told the federal government to refuse to help Iowa prop up its struggling marketplace, which is a federal-state partnership.

Quote:Add this executive order to the list. The Post's Amy Goldstein reports the order will allow small businesses to form an association negotiate health benefits, called association health plans. Under Trump's rule, these disputed plans could soon be sold across state lines with no regulation on what health benefits they have to cover.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/natio...story.html

CNN said that basically the effect will be that young people will not have adequate insurance and will clog the ER, which we have to pay for.

Meanwhile, older people and people with pre-existing conditions will have sky rocketing premiums.

Wonderful. I happen to be an older person (62) with a pre-existing condition (diabetes). I have decent health insurance coverage now through my employer, but if I ever lose my current job, it will be a virtual death sentence, thanks to Trump and the Republicans.
12-10-2017, 01:12 PM
(12-10-2017 12:36 PM)epronovost Wrote:  @dom

It seems to me that the Republican strategy on healthcare reform, after their multiple failures in Congress,is to defund the current system until it collapse and than forcibly impose their plan on a population that is in no situation to refuse; such plan is of course designed to reduce the State involvement in healthcare and leave a maximum of space for private companies to pilote this system. What I find disgusting about such a strategy is that it relies on abandonning some of societies most vulnerable people to the wolves and olding those who ''survive'' hostage all of this to impose a healthcare reform that prevent those who need the most affordable medical care the least chances to obtain it. With this strategy, the Republicans can conceal their almost sociopathic policy and blame the ACA and the Democrats for their own actions and thus avoid any backlash against them from Republican voters who desperatly need cheap and accessible healthcare.

Plus, by taking away state involvement, they put the burden back on us - if anything happens to young people, who will now be largely uninsured or woefully underinsured, they go to ER. And we pay for that with taxes.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-10-2017, 08:14 AM
Tweet:

Quote:"The Democrats ObamaCare is imploding. Massive subsidy payments to their pet insurance companies has stopped. Dems should call me to fix!"

It's imploding because he has been busy pulling the rug out from under it while we laughed about his shiny objects. Stopping all subsidies kills it. People are going to suffer.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
13-10-2017, 10:52 AM
(13-10-2017 08:14 AM)Dom Wrote:  It's imploding because he has been busy pulling the rug out from under it while we laughed about his shiny objects. Stopping all subsidies kills it. People are going to suffer.

I mean, it's obvious what he's doing and how it will wreck things, but the question is: how will the voters interpret the events come 2018 and 2020? Will they see that Trump directly took their health care and that the GOP wanted to make it worse, or will it get blamed on the Democrats because that's what Trump tweets and "it's called 'Obamacare', duh"?
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
13-10-2017, 12:39 PM
Plan?
What plan?

[Image: barfly_condenados_pelo_vicio.gif]
13-10-2017, 12:48 PM
Pay for your own healthcare, freeloaders.

Work two jobs if you have to.

Unless you're disabled or too young/old to work, handle your own business.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
13-10-2017, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2017 01:28 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-10-2017 12:48 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Pay for your own healthcare, freeloaders.

Work two jobs if you have to.

Unless you're disabled or too young/old to work, handle your own business.

Ha! You know who pays for 75% of my $14,000/year health insurance premium which provides excellent coverage, covers all preexisting conditions, has no lifetime maximums limits, a maximum out of pocket cost of $7000 year, and Government intervention if Aetna refuses treatment for a particular condition? You fucking do.

And you know who's going to keep paying 75% after I retire next year? You fucking are. In addition to a big fat taxpayer funded pension which is likely more than you and your wife's annual income put together. Ha!

You don't realize how much enjoyment I'm getting out of knowing you will be paying for my health insurance and pension for like the next 40 years after you've already paid for the last 35.

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem. - Camus
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post