The US health care plan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2017, 07:24 PM
RE: The US health care plan
It's my daughter from my first marriage. She's never been on my plan.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2017, 07:25 PM
(16-10-2017 07:24 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It's my daughter from my first marriage. She's never been on my plan.

Then you are a horrible father for not putting her on it. Fucking moron. You might as well just be a Christian, you're as stupid as them.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-10-2017, 07:34 PM
(16-10-2017 07:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-10-2017 07:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It's not true. He's a fucking liar. How to get or stay on a parent’s plan

You can stay on a parent’s plan until you turn 26

Once you’re on a parent’s job-based plan, in most cases you can stay on it until you turn 26.

Generally, you can join a parent’s plan and stay on until you turn 26 even if you:

Get married
Have or adopt a child
Start or leave school
Live in or out of your parent’s home
Aren’t claimed as a tax dependent
Turn down an offer of job-based coverage

But he has to have insurance for this to even be an option.

He was bragging about it recently. Not gonna bother to dig it up. His credibility does not warrant the effort.

#sigh
16-10-2017, 07:53 PM
(16-10-2017 06:12 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Now she has collection companies sending her letters.

Your daughter should then get 2 or more jobs to pay that debt off. What kind of deadbeat did you raise?

You're not wrong about the costs, though. You know why that is? Because the insurance companies set rates with doctors and hospitals as to what they will pay. They are "negotiated" rates and the negotiation is typically similar to how Don Corleone and Luca Brasi negotiated with the band leader to get Johnny Fontane out of that contract. A lot of times it's a percentage off the list price, so hospitals jack the fuck out of the list price. And woe unto the poor uninsured person who needs their services because that's the kind of fucked up bill they get. It's insane. You should tell your daughter to call them and see if they will take the insurance rates from her and she can work out a payment plan. If they say "no" she should speak to someone else, someone higher up. If she's already in collections, though, it may be too late. If it's the hospital's collection agency she maybe can bargain. If it's a 3rd party it gets more difficult. She can try to negotiate with them but tell her to be sure to ask how they are going to handle credit reporting. If they are going to report it as a bad debt no matter what (short of paying it off in full), then she's almost better off telling them to pound sand.

Btw, on LDH's defense, if his daughter wasn't covered by him (I assume she was covered by mom) when she was a minor, I'm not sure he can add her now. Not 100% sure about that, but I thought the change with Obamacare was you could continue to carry an adult child on your insurance until age 26 but there is an age when you can no longer add them. 18 seems young, though. I'd have to look up the rules.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
16-10-2017, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2017 08:23 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-10-2017 07:53 PM)BnW Wrote:  Btw, on LDH's defense, if his daughter wasn't covered by him (I assume she was covered by mom) when she was a minor, I'm not sure he can add her now. Not 100% sure about that, but I thought the change with Obamacare was you could continue to carry an adult child on your insurance until age 26 but there is an age when you can no longer add them. 18 seems young, though. I'd have to look up the rules.

He can. And it doesn't take long to look up the rules. (Fucking lawyers always trying to complicate simple shit so I pay them outrageous fees for questionable legal counsel.) I already posted them. The fact he doesn't know or didn't care enough to know that is what makes him a horrible father.

"Your parent can add you to their insurance during the plan’s yearly open enrollment period or during a Special Enrollment Period. Your parent should check with the plan or their employer’s benefits department for details." I hope the idiot's smart enough to enroll her now in the upcoming open season.

#sigh
17-10-2017, 03:51 AM
Oh. I stand corrected. Well, actually i sit corrected as I'm currently sitting.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
17-10-2017, 06:01 AM
(16-10-2017 07:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 10:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  I like what the Swiss have done.

I think Denmark's model is a better fit for the US.

That one seems OK, too.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-10-2017, 03:34 PM
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-h...SKBN1CM2Q2

Trump signals support for Alexander-Murray healthcare plan in Senate

Quote:“The solution will be for about a year or two years,” Trump told reporters at a joint news conference with Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras. “It is a short-term solution so that we don’t have this very dangerous little period.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/17...eal-243872

Quote:The deal would include funding through 2019 for Obamacare’s cost-sharing program, which President Donald Trump cut last week. It would allow states to use existing Obamacare waivers to approve insurance plans with "comparable affordability" to Obamacare plans, Alexander said. But it would notably not allow states to duck the law’s minimum requirements for what a health insurance plan must cover.

Quote:It would also allow consumers over age 30 to buy catastrophic health insurance plans — dubbed “copper” plans — as well as $106 million in funding to support Obamacare enrollment, according to Senate aides familiar with the plan. The new funding would be collected from existing insurance user fees and be used to provide states grants to help people enroll in catastrophic plans.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post