The US health care plan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2017, 09:02 PM
RE: The health care plan
(22-06-2017 08:47 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Ahhhh, Bernie.
I wanted him for president. sad face Sad

I would not preclude that you are yet to get your wish.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
22-06-2017, 10:54 PM
(22-06-2017 02:29 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I don't trust any of them. Not one. They talk out of both sides of their mouths.

And Mitch McConnell is an evil motherfucker and he will find a way to change the rules to get this shit passed.

Don't forget, they still have reconciliation in their pocket.

Mitch McConnell gets my vote for most evil man in U.S. politics. He seems so completely without conscience he frightens me.

More generally, everybody who still supports the Republican party, including several members of my own family, can fuck right the hell off.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. (G.B.Shaw)
[+] 3 users Like Vivian Darkbloom's post
22-06-2017, 11:25 PM
(22-06-2017 10:54 PM)Vivian Darkbloom Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 02:29 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  And Mitch McConnell is an evil motherfucker and he will find a way to change the rules to get this shit passed.
Mitch McConnell gets my vote for most evil man in U.S. politics. He seems so completely without conscience he frightens me.

It's weird, when the guy was a kid back in the 1800's he and his boss were big civil rights advocates and broke ranks with Alfred E. Sessions and the other racist motherfuckers. I think him marrying two lesbians probably has taken its toll on his patience.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
22-06-2017, 11:39 PM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2017 11:44 PM by EvolutionKills.)
This is not healthcare reform.

This is an attempt at permanent tax reform.

The only way they can pass this in the Senate is through reconciliation (so they only need 50 votes), and reconciliation requires that any changes be budget neutral. They want to enact a slew of permanent tax cuts, which we haven't seen since the years of Saint Reagan himself (the Bush era tax cuts sunset after 10 years).

So what are they going to cut to balance out all of the tax cuts? Medicaid and the ACA.

This is noting more than permanent tax reform, meant to give even more breaks to those who already need them the least. Taxes are already at historic lows, but they'll throw 24+ million people off of healthcare (and affect more than twice that with work provided plans that will be downgraded) to get what they want.

This is not healthcare reform, it is class warfare.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
22-06-2017, 11:42 PM
The real reason Republicans can’t answer simple questions about their health care bill

@ Vox

They know you won't like the answers.

On Friday, my colleagues Tara Golshan, Dylan Scott, and Jeff Stein published a remarkable piece collecting interviews with eight congressional Republicans about their health care bill. They asked the simplest question possible: What problems do you think this bill will solve, and how do you think it will solve them? Not a single Republican has a clear answer. The exchange with Sen. John McCain is particularly bizarre:

Tara Golshan

Generally, what are the big problems this bill is trying to solve?

John McCain

Almost all of them. They’re trying to get to 51 votes.

Tara Golshan

Policy-wise. What are the problems [in the American health care system] this is trying to solve — and is the bill doing that right now?

John McCain

Well, it's whether you have full repeal, whether you have partial repeal, whether you have the basis of it. It's spread all over.

Tara Golshan

But based on the specifics of the bill you have heard so far, is it solving the problems [in the health care system]?

John McCain

What I hear is that we have not reached consensus. That’s what everybody knows.

But McCain’s reply, while incoherent, isn’t as offensive as Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price’s straight lie that Americans will “absolutely not” lose Medicaid coverage under the House bill.

22-06-2017, 11:48 PM
(22-06-2017 09:02 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 08:47 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Ahhhh, Bernie.
I wanted him for president. sad face Sad

I would not preclude that you are yet to get your wish.

[Image: 3200bc-white_red-z1-t-warren-sanders-2020.png]

I know who has my vote come 2020.

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
23-06-2017, 07:05 AM
Watching him talk yesterday - the man has an action plan. I am not clear on what it is - no details given - but something is brewing in Bernie's brain.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-06-2017, 02:46 AM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2017 02:50 AM by EvolutionKills.)

Next time anyone sees Birdguy in the ranting thread complaining about his bullshit, kindly remind him that this is what he voted for.

Also, Mitch McConnell deserves a special place in the Halls of Infamy. That man is a very special kind of soulless bastard.

24-06-2017, 09:59 AM
On election day, 2020, Bernie Sanders will be 79 years old. There are a lot of people in this country who would not vote for a 79 year old man solely because he's that old. The idea of him running at that age is near insanity and he would be, at least in my opinion, doing a huge disservice to his ideals if he ran. He needs to find someone to pick up his mantle and that's no easy task. He built his credibility over a lifetime. But, him running for POTUS again would be a huge mistake. Unless he finds a VP pick who people know and find very palatable. I think it's more likely the age factor tanks him. Trump will be the age Sanders is now when going for his 2nd term. I just think it's unlikely Sanders can do the job at that age. Hopefully he lasts long enough to see single-payer passed. And, I think that is on the path to inevitability. I think the Republican bill either die without passing, or get passed and be a complete disaster. Either way, something has to change and I think the groundswell for single payer is going to be hard to resist much longer.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
24-06-2017, 11:02 AM
(24-06-2017 09:59 AM)BnW Wrote:  On election day, 2020, Bernie Sanders will be 79 years old.
Hindenburg was 77 when he was elected in 1925. Consider

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse