The US health care plan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2017, 11:50 AM
RE: The health care plan
(24-06-2017 09:59 AM)BnW Wrote:  On election day, 2020, Bernie Sanders will be 79 years old. There are a lot of people in this country who would not vote for a 79 year old man solely because he's that old. The idea of him running at that age is near insanity and he would be, at least in my opinion, doing a huge disservice to his ideals if he ran. He needs to find someone to pick up his mantle and that's no easy task. He built his credibility over a lifetime. But, him running for POTUS again would be a huge mistake. Unless he finds a VP pick who people know and find very palatable. I think it's more likely the age factor tanks him. Trump will be the age Sanders is now when going for his 2nd term. I just think it's unlikely Sanders can do the job at that age. Hopefully he lasts long enough to see single-payer passed. And, I think that is on the path to inevitability. I think the Republican bill either die without passing, or get passed and be a complete disaster. Either way, something has to change and I think the groundswell for single payer is going to be hard to resist much longer.

I doubt his brain will change that much anymore - he is past the time when senility starts. If anything, he might become even more outspoken. He is sharp as a tack. He also seems healthy. He is in infinitely better shape than trump. But , yes, there is a huge age prejudice in the US.

He does need to pass the baton ad I sure can't think of anyone with that kind of energy and charisma who holds the same views.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2017, 11:59 AM
(24-06-2017 11:50 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-06-2017 09:59 AM)BnW Wrote:  On election day, 2020, Bernie Sanders will be 79 years old. There are a lot of people in this country who would not vote for a 79 year old man solely because he's that old. The idea of him running at that age is near insanity and he would be, at least in my opinion, doing a huge disservice to his ideals if he ran. He needs to find someone to pick up his mantle and that's no easy task. He built his credibility over a lifetime. But, him running for POTUS again would be a huge mistake. Unless he finds a VP pick who people know and find very palatable. I think it's more likely the age factor tanks him. Trump will be the age Sanders is now when going for his 2nd term. I just think it's unlikely Sanders can do the job at that age. Hopefully he lasts long enough to see single-payer passed. And, I think that is on the path to inevitability. I think the Republican bill either die without passing, or get passed and be a complete disaster. Either way, something has to change and I think the groundswell for single payer is going to be hard to resist much longer.

I doubt his brain will change that much anymore - he is past the time when senility starts. If anything, he might become even more outspoken. He is sharp as a tack. He also seems healthy. He is in infinitely better shape than trump. But , yes, there is a huge age prejudice in the US.

He does need to pass the baton ad I sure can't think of anyone with that kind of energy and charisma who holds the same views.

Bet bet now would be Elizabeth Warren and some hard working but relatively unknown progressive VP candidate, with the combined ticket publicly endorsed by Sanders.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
24-06-2017, 12:23 PM
For any idiot who voted republican long term whom is now mad, don't look at dems, we knew they would do this shit.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-06-2017, 12:29 PM
(24-06-2017 11:59 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-06-2017 11:50 AM)Dom Wrote:  I doubt his brain will change that much anymore - he is past the time when senility starts. If anything, he might become even more outspoken. He is sharp as a tack. He also seems healthy. He is in infinitely better shape than trump. But , yes, there is a huge age prejudice in the US.

Bet bet now would be Elizabeth Warren and some hard working but relatively unknown progressive VP candidate, with the combined ticket publicly endorsed by Sanders.

No way. A far left liberal has no chance in a general election. Have you not paid attention the last 6 years? Republicans control 75% of the countries elected positions. A moderate democrat candidate will wipe the floor with Sanders or Warren in the primaries. To win you need moderate and independent voters. You don't get those voters pulling hard left.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
24-06-2017, 12:46 PM
(24-06-2017 12:29 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(24-06-2017 11:59 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Bet bet now would be Elizabeth Warren and some hard working but relatively unknown progressive VP candidate, with the combined ticket publicly endorsed by Sanders.

No way. A far left liberal has no chance in a general election. Have you not paid attention the last 6 years? Republicans control 75% of the countries elected positions. A moderate democrat candidate will wipe the floor with Sanders or Warren in the primaries. To win you need moderate and independent voters. You don't get those voters pulling hard left.

Fuck that, what did the last moderate get us?

How well did the moderate options do for the Republicans themselves?

I'm done with letting the far right dictate the position of 'moderate', it's long past time to pull that Overton window back.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
24-06-2017, 12:52 PM
(24-06-2017 12:29 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(24-06-2017 11:59 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Bet bet now would be Elizabeth Warren and some hard working but relatively unknown progressive VP candidate, with the combined ticket publicly endorsed by Sanders.

Bullshit, I wish there was a far left. I don't think you remember, or you ignore how far right the country has been pulled since Reagan.

There is no desire to become a nanny state by the left. Our country was far more economically center prior to Reagan. Our left has been pulled to the center right and we need to go back to the policies prior to Reagan.

Warren can most certainly win with the right VP candidate. And what do you have still, a bombastic childish brat narcissist asshole.

75% control? MORON, so what? The entire purpose of the Constitution was to prevent monopolies of power and now you are bragging about it.

Don't come bitching to me if you get fucked over by the GOP and if they get what they want, you will get fucked over eventually.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
24-06-2017, 12:55 PM
(24-06-2017 12:46 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-06-2017 12:29 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  No way. A far left liberal has no chance in a general election. Have you not paid attention the last 6 years? Republicans control 75% of the countries elected positions. A moderate democrat candidate will wipe the floor with Sanders or Warren in the primaries. To win you need moderate and independent voters. You don't get those voters pulling hard left.

Fuck that, what did the last moderate get us?

I'm done with letting the far right dictate the position of 'moderate', it's long past time to pull that Overton window back.

You can say it all you want. Won't make it happen. Independent voters, or swing voters, will go left a little or right a little. But they won't go far left or far right. A democrat like Hillary Clinton will win the primaries by a large margin over someone like Sanders EVERY TIME.

They just won't have enough support outside far left loons and college kids. That's like 10% of voters.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
24-06-2017, 01:15 PM
(24-06-2017 12:55 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(24-06-2017 12:46 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Fuck that, what did the last moderate get us?

You can say it all you want. Won't make it happen. Independent voters, or swing voters, will go left a little or right a little. But they won't go far left or far right. A democrat like Hillary Clinton will win the primaries by a large margin over someone like Sanders EVERY TIME.

They just won't have enough support outside far left loons and college kids. That's like 10% of voters.

I think tRump is so polarizing that there will be a BIG shift away from him and anyone like him.

The problem will be split voting. The Dems need to select a viable candidate...like they should have last time.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
24-06-2017, 01:16 PM
(24-06-2017 12:55 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(24-06-2017 12:46 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Fuck that, what did the last moderate get us?

You still are NOT getting it.

THERE IS NO LEFT ECONOMICALLY SPEAKING

Our nation has slowly been pulled to slightly right of center, there is no left economically speaking.

"Left" were the policies put in place after WW2. "LEFT" back then were lower pay gap between the bottom and top. More affordable cost of living. INVESTMENT IN WORKERS, investment in EDUCATION, investment in the social safety net. THOSE POLICES built the middle class. And a far higher tax rate on the top.

Reagan destroyed all the policies that gave us the post WW2 economic boom.

Stop using "left" as a cold war slur, that is not what "left" means.

The left IS NOT anti private sector for being pro livable wages. The left is not anti private sector for being anti monopoly. The left is not anti private sector because we don't believe health problems should bankrupt anyone. We are not anti private sector because we believe an education should not be a life time of indentured slavery.

STOP using the word "left" as a slur, it is not a slur. "Fuck you I got mine" is what the right advocates. So if you want to bitch about things being bad, blame Reagan, blame the GOP.

But I am getting really fucking sick of the bullshit that the left is the problem.

If you want to claim the "left" will lose that is a shitty attitude, because if we lose, everyone loses, because if you thing the GOP is for the middle class and working poor, you are an idiot.

I really thought after what Bush did in setting up TWO failed wars, and a triple whammy car/housing/bank bubble would have woken people up. But it seems despite being shit on, idiots would rather chase a carrot like blind hamsters on a wheel than face the fact they got shit on.

You better hope the left wins, because if the GOP stays in power the Bush bust will look like an economic boom.

24-06-2017, 01:46 PM
Dark Helmet, you still have a thread about partisanship to use. I had started it for you.

Stay out of the health care thread unless you want to talk about health care. That goes for Brian too. I want this thread to continue to be a place to discuss health care. There will be a lot to consider.

Take it up elsewhere.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man