The US health care plan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2017, 02:01 PM
RE: The health care plan
(24-06-2017 01:46 PM)Dom Wrote:  Dark Helmet, you still have a thread about partisanship to use. I had started it for you.

Stay out of the health care thread unless you want to talk about health care. That goes for Brian too. I want this thread to continue to be a place to discuss health care. There will be a lot to consider.

Take it up elsewhere.

My apologies for getting involved. I wasn't aware there was somewhere else to do so.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2017, 02:33 PM
(24-06-2017 02:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-06-2017 01:46 PM)Dom Wrote:  Dark Helmet, you still have a thread about partisanship to use. I had started it for you.

Stay out of the health care thread unless you want to talk about health care. That goes for Brian too. I want this thread to continue to be a place to discuss health care. There will be a lot to consider.

Take it up elsewhere.

My apologies for getting involved. I wasn't aware there was somewhere else to do so.

I was talking to Dark Helmet and Brian. Every thread turns into bickering between the two. I might start going back to see if Dark Helmet repeatedly says the identical thing in various threads and call it spam. One can't have a topical conversation here anymore because of it.

Angry

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-06-2017, 03:36 PM
(24-06-2017 02:33 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-06-2017 02:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My apologies for getting involved. I wasn't aware there was somewhere else to do so.

I was talking to Dark Helmet and Brian. Every thread turns into bickering between the two. I might start going back to see if Dark Helmet repeatedly says the identical thing in various threads and call it spam. One can't have a topical conversation here anymore because of it.

Angry

That's politics. Drinking Beverage

TBH, this is the problem with so many threads that are essentially on the same topic...they all boil down the same way.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

24-06-2017, 04:46 PM
(24-06-2017 02:33 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-06-2017 02:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My apologies for getting involved. I wasn't aware there was somewhere else to do so.

Angry

I don't know if that will work Dom. Others are posting the same exact things in multiple threads. You have to determine how often the same thing being posted is too often before taking a step on that slippery slope. Popular people seem to be allowed. Just because LDH isn't as popular as some doesn't make his repetition worse than that of others. IMO, not that you asked.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
26-06-2017, 05:12 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017...-on-healt/

Quote:The White House says the Congressional Budget Office’s projection that 22 million more people will be uninsured in 2026 “must not be trusted blindly.”

The White House is again trying to undermine the analysis of the CBO, questioning the office’s predictions that millions of more Americans would be uninsured under a Senate health care proposal compared with President Barack Obama’s health care law.
The White House says the CBO “has consistently proven it cannot accurately predict how health care legislation will impact insurance coverage.”
It says the office has a “history of inaccuracy,” and cites its “flawed report on coverage, premiums and predicted deficit arising out of Obamacare.”The White House says the Congressional Budget Office’s projection that 22 million more people will be uninsured in 2026 “must not be trusted blindly.”

The White House is again trying to undermine the analysis of the CBO, questioning the office’s predictions that millions of more Americans would be uninsured under a Senate health care proposal compared with President Barack Obama’s health care law.
The White House says the CBO “has consistently proven it cannot accurately predict how health care legislation will impact insurance coverage.”
It says the office has a “history of inaccuracy,” and cites its “flawed report on coverage, premiums and predicted deficit arising out of Obamacare.”

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
26-06-2017, 05:20 PM
(26-06-2017 05:12 PM)Dom Wrote:  The White House says the CBO “has consistently proven it cannot accurately predict how health care legislation will impact insurance coverage.” It says the office has a “history of inaccuracy,” and cites its “flawed report on coverage, premiums and predicted deficit arising out of Obamacare.”

I can't think of anyone who has a more consistent history of inaccuracy than Donald Trump.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
26-06-2017, 06:14 PM
I have seen similar comments from republicans on social media. "Can we trust the CBO score?" "The CBO score isn't always accurate you know!", etc.

Why can't they just admit it is a giant shitburger that is going to fuck over the most vulnerable?
Even Don the Con called it mean, for christ's sake.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
27-06-2017, 08:54 AM
(22-06-2017 08:41 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 01:32 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  This ship is sunk before it's even finished.

Four Republican senators have said they will not vote for a new healthcare plan to repeal Obamacare

And, if the town hall meetings about repeal/replace were anything to go by, even die-hard Repub voters are against this.

This is the first time I've found myself in favor of something Senator Johnson has said.

Me too, until I found out (in today's newspaper) why he's against the bill -- it's not extreme enough! He can't stand that it retains coverage protections for people with pre-existing conditions. If it denied coverage to those people, he'd be all for it. What an asshole!

Facepalm
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
27-06-2017, 09:00 AM
This replacement pan is not a plan, it is theft by corporate America on the backs of the middle class and poor.

I am really sick of this bullshit that deregulation and "don't tax the rich" works. We've been doing that crap since Reagan and ever since the pay gap has exploded, health care costs keep going up and pay is not keeping up with the cost of living.

I don't want to see, even GOP voters get hurt by this, but I do hope it scares people enough to rethink party support.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Brian37's post
27-06-2017, 09:18 AM
I think that underlying the health care plan is the bet that over time, lack of access to affordable health care will kill fewer Republican voters than voters in other demographics. Plus weakening poor people's children will provide even bigger advantages to the kids of insurance-holding Republican voters, plus older people dying faster costs the government less, plus people desperate for even crappy employer-provided health insurance will accept ever worsening work conditions. Win win win win!
[+] 3 users Like julep's post