The US health care plan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2017, 11:37 AM
RE: The health care plan
(27-06-2017 09:18 AM)julep Wrote:  I think that underlying the health care plan is the bet that over time, lack of access to affordable health care will kill fewer Republican voters than voters in other demographics. Plus weakening poor people's children will provide even bigger advantages to the kids of insurance-holding Republican voters, plus older people dying faster costs the government less, plus people desperate for even crappy employer-provided health insurance will accept ever worsening work conditions. Win win win win!

That's how it's done.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2017, 11:49 AM
(22-06-2017 08:41 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 01:32 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  This ship is sunk before it's even finished.

Four Republican senators have said they will not vote for a new healthcare plan to repeal Obamacare

And, if the town hall meetings about repeal/replace were anything to go by, even die-hard Repub voters are against this.

This is the first time I've found myself in favor of something Senator Johnson has said.

I'd like to retract this. Heard an interview with him on the way to work, he only doesn't support it because he feels it doesn't strip enough away.

Edit:
(27-06-2017 08:54 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 08:41 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  This is the first time I've found myself in favor of something Senator Johnson has said.

Me too, until I found out (in today's newspaper) why he's against the bill -- it's not extreme enough! He can't stand that it retains coverage protections for people with pre-existing conditions. If it denied coverage to those people, he'd be all for it. What an asshole!

Facepalm

Didn't see this when I initially replied, but yeah, heard the same on NPR. My view of him has been reaffirmed. Not that it needed much to be, around here during the election, many of his supporters were putting up signs with shall we say... "coded" language about Feingold being Jewish.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
27-06-2017, 12:49 PM
The "die quickly" GOP bill has been delayed. But if those morons think this is over, they are mistaken.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
29-06-2017, 04:31 PM
This came up the other day with an American guest I was talking to. Since I work overnight shifts, I got plenty of time to chit chat Laugh out load While we were debating who's country is a bigger political shit show, he mentioned the health care system and the changes were being planned.

I told him, that's not the way this works! That's not the way ANY of this works!!! In my country, we don't tax just the parents of school age children to pay for public education. We don't tax just the people with a driver's license to pay for roads and bridges. We don't tax just the people in the military to pay for bombs and warplanes. Why?? Because that would be stupid! We all help pay for these things because we all benefit from having educated citizens, a solid infrastructure and national security.

So tell me again why you think the sick, elderly and disabled should pay more for healthcare when it is in our country's best interest to have healthy citizens! Taxpayers can not opt out of paying taxes that fund schools, roads and military protection by saying they shouldn't be forced to pay for something they don't use or want.

He thinks I should run for president Consider

1 Like = 1 Prayer
[+] 9 users Like izel's post
29-06-2017, 06:39 PM
(29-06-2017 04:31 PM)izel Wrote:  This came up the other day with an American guest I was talking to. Since I work overnight shifts, I got plenty of time to chit chat Laugh out load While we were debating who's country is a bigger political shit show, he mentioned the health care system and the changes were being planned.

I told him, that's not the way this works! That's not the way ANY of this works!!! In my country, we don't tax just the parents of school age children to pay for public education. We don't tax just the people with a driver's license to pay for roads and bridges. We don't tax just the people in the military to pay for bombs and warplanes. Why?? Because that would be stupid! We all help pay for these things because we all benefit from having educated citizens, a solid infrastructure and national security.

So tell me again why you think the sick, elderly and disabled should pay more for healthcare when it is in our country's best interest to have healthy citizens! Taxpayers can not opt out of paying taxes that fund schools, roads and military protection by saying they shouldn't be forced to pay for something they don't use or want.

He thinks I should run for president Consider

Too bad you weren't born in the US. You make more sense than many a politico we see wandering the streets these days.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
05-07-2017, 06:15 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2017 07:14 AM by GirlyMan.)
So this is hilarious. Indiana Republican Party asks for Obamacare horror stories and all they get is rave reviews.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-07-2017, 06:28 AM
(05-07-2017 06:15 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So this is hilarious. Indiana Republican Party asks for Obamacare horror stories.

Yeah, that's not cherry-picking at all.

Hobo
18-07-2017, 01:10 PM
Oh my dog, what a clusterfuck this is turning out to be! Facepalm

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
18-07-2017, 01:19 PM
So...he was lying when they said they had a better plan than the ACA?

[Image: 0bebf649bf2a268c487b60f54f41a001--funny-...y-pets.jpg]

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like ShadowProject's post
18-07-2017, 01:22 PM
(18-07-2017 01:19 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  So...he was lying when they said they had a better plan than the ACA?

[Image: 0bebf649bf2a268c487b60f54f41a001--funny-...y-pets.jpg]

And when he said: "We can't have people dying in the streets..."

[+] 3 users Like Dom's post